Page 26 of 34 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast
    Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    I honestly find it very hard to reconcile your opinion and how you can't see that both Saturday and Sunday were very similar but the other way around. I agree, we'll have to agree to disagree but I'm scratching my head here at people that think Hamilton was solely to blame for something Max clearly had and that we've shown has responsibility in as well.

Anyway, it's great to see this topic has somewhat ignited this forum again. It's been too quiet the last number of years.
    yup. At the end of the day. The forum is alive again.
    That, I can be thankful for
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    Over exaggeration

No one is calling Verstappen a dunce and you know it. He is one of the most exciting racers to watch, but he is still green around the ears. He still makes immature mistakes of not know which battle to fight and which ones to let go and fight again another day. He puts it all on the line each time with a costly result when it does not go his way. He has gambled with 33 points lead; all in. And has come out of it with 8 points to show for it. Now, that was very smart, wasn't it?

You guys are unbelievable.
    Max might be a bit "green" as you say, but he always seems to make less mistakes than Lewis. Don't recall max going into a closed pit lane or picking up any other stupid penalties.

Hamilton is under pressure for first time in a long time and you can see that it's getting to him.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joe1888cfc View Post
    Max might be a bit "green" as you say, but he always seems to make less mistakes than Lewis. Don't recall max going into a closed pit lane or picking up any other stupid penalties.

Hamilton is under pressure for first time in a long time and you can see that it's getting to him.

Spare me your hate post. If l thought for a moment that you had anything remotely unbiased to say then l shall listen. All you have to offer is pure prejudice.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
    Spare me your hate post. If l thought for a moment that you had anything remotely unbiased to say then l shall listen. All you have to offer is pure prejudice.
    Amazing what passes for hate these days.

No bother son, don't want to upset you.

Your a wee soul.
    Xx

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
    Mate chill yourself out, it's only a message board about the F1. Don't let a prick like me get you annoyed.

Mate chill yourself out, it's only a message board about the F1. Don't let a prick like me get you annoyed.

I don't think that of you or anyone that posts on here btw. We all have our opinions. The discussion was about "was it a racing incident or not". Not about who has more points on their licence. If anything, that Hamilton has more points on his license only goes to show that the steward's office always comes down on him hard for the slightest infraction. He has to be impeccable with his conduct and driving because he knows he would not get the benefit of the doubt.

Your post only shows you do not understand or care about his circumstances. Nor do you find odd the over-reaction that we are seeing for what is largely stated to be a racing incident by racing experts. So you would forgive me for my reaction, as l find it a bit much.

By the way, Hamilton rarely makes mistakes. This is a sport of very fine margins. It is about precision and the edge that the leading team has is very small and can varnish inexplicably at the next race. So every point is fought for with enormous resources and the racecraft of the driver in the car. The team trust the driver's judgement to make the right decision in the heat of racing.

So when Verstappen squanders a huge amount of Redbulls points. I can see why they would want to make Hamilton a scapegoat for it. At the end of the day, we objective thinkers on this forum would ask the question, "did Verstappen do enough to avoid the incident and protect his 33 points lead in the driver's championship?". And the general consensus is that "NO" he did not do enough to protect his 33 points and the team's constructors points.

He failed in his responsibility there. Making that failure Hamilton's fault is what we have been arguing for the last 25 pages of this thread.

Redbull carries on as if they have been robbed of valuable points. They fail to see that there is a valuable lesson to learn here and to sit their driver down to have a conversation about it.

You don't win championships this way. There are too many great drivers on the current grid. Hence intelligent risk-taking is paramount to defeating the current best driver on the grid. The arrogance of having the fastest car does not guarantee success either.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 22nd July 2021 at 22:21.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
    I don't think that of you or anyone that posts on here btw. We all have our opinions. The discussion was about "was it a racing incident or not". Not about who has more points on their licence. If anything, that Hamilton has more points on his license only goes to show that the steward's office always comes down on him hard for the slightest infraction. He has to be impeccable with his conduct and driving because he knows he would not get the benefit of the doubt.

Your post only shows you do not understand or care about his circumstances. Nor do you find odd the over-reaction that we are seeing for what is largely stated to be a racing incident by racing experts. So you would forgive me for my reaction, as l find it a bit much.

By the way, Hamilton rarely makes mistakes.
    I agree, max makes less though.

Who cares. It is about who is going to win the championship when we get to Abu Dhabi. At Abu Dhabi, nobody would care one bit about who made fewer mistakes. But they would certainly care about who won it.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts

I think you have a short memory. Max has made mistakes this year. Sakhir - ran wide at turn 4 - then later on in the lap at turn 13 lost the car, his only opportunity to DRS Hamilton and he blows it, costing him a certain victory. France, lost it at turn one. Lost it on on the restart in Imola and barely held it. I'm sure there have been a few more errors too that I have forgotten about. Hamilton has made some more mistakes this year than normal, I agree but, apart from Baku, which unsure if accidentally hitting the magic brake button in the middle of a restart could really count as a real driving mistake, it hasn't proven too costly.

They've both made their fair share of mistakes. I just think people are remembering Hamilton's more because he has been impervious for so long. Age might also be an issue, I remember Michael Schumacher making a lot of mistakes in his last couple of seasons compared to normal. Perhaps, like Michael, his fire is beginning to burn out.

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    ‘Hamilton’s post-race partying was sickening’
    Date published: July 22 2021 - Michelle Foster

Robert Doornbos is the latest to criticise Lewis Hamilton’s post-race celebrations, saying it was “sickening” to do so while Max Verstappen was in hospital.

It’s been written about many times in the past few days with just about everyone voicing an opinion on the big one – Verstappen and Hamilton’s British Grand Prix crash.

Fighting for the lead on the opening lap, the two clashed at Copse as Hamilton tried to pass up the inside, missed the apex and made contract.

With the contact putting Verstappen into the tyre barrier at 51G, and subsequently into the hospital for further checks after he reported feeling dizzy, tensions have been running high with Red Bull saying they are still considering legal action.

The mood in the Milton Keynes camp, as well as Verstappen’s home country, wasn’t helped by Hamilton’s post-race celebrations with the Brit marking his victory with his fans.

Verstappen called that “disrespectful” while, according to grandpx.news, Doornbos has told Ziggo Sport that the “partying” while Verstappen was in hospital was “sickening”.

He added: “He went from hero to zero as a sportsman in that moment.

“Winning your home race is special, but with a penalty, a team-mate who lets you pass and knocking his rival off, I didn’t think it was fitting.”

Jack Plooij agreed with his fellow pundit.

“He shouldn’t have been partying,” he said. “The team should have told him that Max was in hospital so he shouldn’t do that for a while. That was really not good.

“If you preach about respect all year long, and then you want that respect from someone else, then you have to give it out as well.”

https://www.planetf1.com/news/robert...-celebrations/

LEWIS HAMILTON
    Ralf Schumacher points the finger at Hamilton: That isn't a place to overtake

Author Adriano Boin
    Today, ‎14‎:‎45
    Lewis Hamilton took the chequered flag at the British GP, however his incident with Max Verstappen remains the big talking point. Ralf Schumacher believes the actions of the Mercedes driver were borderline.

https://racingnews365.com/ralf-schum...ce-to-overtake

Honda still don’t know if Max’s engine survived
    Date published: July 22 2021 - Henry Valantine

Honda F1’s managing director has said the manufacturer are ‘praying’ for good news surrounding Max Verstappen’s damaged Silverstone power unit.

Masashi Yamamoto said that the engine involved in Verstappen’s high-speed crash at the British Grand Prix has now been taken out of the car, and there are assessments being run as to whether or not parts will have to be replaced completely.

Should that be the case, that could lead to grid penalties for Red Bull in future races if they go above their allotted parts for the season, which Yamamoto said could hinder their hopes in the World Championship.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/honda-...gine-survival/

Red Bull 'reviewing evidence' in Hamilton/Verstappen clash as FIA defends penalty
    Ben Issatt
    Formula 1
    22 July 2021

Red Bull are considering their next move as the fallout from Lewis Hamilton and Max Verstappen's clash at Silverstone continues.

The Anglo-Austrian squad was furious seeing their Dutch driver hit the barrier at high-speed after being tagged by the Mercedes entering Copse on Lap 1 at last Sunday's British Grand Prix.

Red Bull was even angrier when Hamilton recovered from a 10-second penalty he was given by the stewards to claim victory, reducing the gap to Verstappen in the Drivers' Championship to just eight points.

As a result, it is reported the team has hired a lawyer to look over the regulations and the incident itself to see if any further action should be pursued.

"We are reviewing all the evidence before making any further decisions," a spokesman said.

https://www.insideracing.com/formula...efends-penalty