Page 25 of 34 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
    Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    Me too Baggie, I guess we are all extremely privileged to have our resident expert here to keep us all in check.
    You chaps keep going on about Verstappen being on the racing line. Well check this video out, it explains the lines that both drivers took into the corner. And why Verstappen is seen to have a share in the fault of the crash occurring. And why the stewards gave Hamilton a 10 seconds penalty.

Note:- The white line is the ideal racing line through the corner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ikWhv-1w5E

I also refer you to Peter Windsor who gives a brilliant objective analysis of the race

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4cFQAaIdo0

We haven't said much about Leclerc. We saw enough to know that he would have won races this year if the Ferrari was anywhere as good as the Redbull or Mercedes. He has to wait his turn, but for now, he shall be there to pick up the pieces when Redbull and Mercedes get it wrong.

He raised a very important question as well. Where was Bottas when all of that drama was going on? With the Mercedes speed, he pointed out that Bottas should have won the race. But he drove the most uninspired race of the weekend while many others shined.

I think he has done enough to lose his seat next season. He is failing to deliver the level of expectation of the second seat which is to lead the race if Hamilton is unable to do so for whatever reason. He had a bad start but did very little to recover from it and was stuck behind the Mclaren with zero desire to get ahead and try to get in the mix of the front two to benefit from any mishap that might occur.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 22nd July 2021 at 09:49.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

2. Likes: truefan72 (22nd July 2021)
    Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    You chaps keep going on about Verstappen being on the racing line. Well check this video out, it explains the lines that both drivers took into the corner. And why Verstappen is seen to have a share in the fault of the crash occurring. And why the stewards gave Hamilton a 10 seconds penalty.

Note:- The white line is the ideal racing line through the corner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ikWhv-1w5E

I also refer you to Peter Windsor who gives a brilliant objective analysis of the race

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4cFQAaIdo0

We haven't said much about Leclerc. We saw enough to know that he would have won races this year if the Ferrari was anywhere as good as the Redbull opr Mercedes. He has to wait his turn, but for now he shall be there to pickup the pieces when Redbull amd Mercedes get it wrong.

He raised a very important question as well. Where was Bottas when all of that drama was going on? With the Mercedes speed, he pointed out that Bottas should have won the race. But he drove the most uninspired race of the weekend while many others shined.

I think he has done enough to lose his seat next season. He is failing to deliver the level of expectation of the second seat which is to lead the race if Hamilton is unable to do so for whatever reason. He had a bad start but did very little to recover from it and was stuck behind the Mclaren with zero desire to get ahead and try to get in the mix of the front two to benefit from any mishap that might occur.
    Another point on Bottas is he actually had the optimal Mercedes strategy this race and he was still very poor. As I said before, I've already heard the decision is made and Russell is going to Mercedes next year. He has done nowhere near enough to hold onto his seat.

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    FORMULA 1
    Hamilton more often involved in racing incidents than Verstappen

22nd July 2021, ‎08‎:‎40
    Max Verstappen is often portrayed as an aggressive driving driver. Someone who drives at the limit and, according to some, regularly goes over it, while Lewis Hamilton has the image of a very clean driver. Are their respective images correct?
    Author Ruud Dimmers

https://racingnews365.com/who-is-inv...-or-verstappen

Honda’s Yamamoto ‘worried’ about Verstappen engine damage
    ANDREW MAITLAND
    JULY 22, 2021

Red Bull has revealed that Verstappen’s chassis is a total write-off, but the extent to the damage to the Honda engine is less clear.
    “I just pray that the power unit is safe,” Yamamoto admitted.

If the engine is scrap, though, that is another major blow to championship leader Verstappen’s title hopes.

“I don’t want to think about that,” said Yamamoto, “but if it happens, we’ll have to think about whether to race with the first or the third engine.

“There are only three engines a year, so it is essential to get it right. I’m worried when I think about the championship battle,” he admitted.

https://grandpx.news/hondas-yamamoto...engine-damage/

Marko predicts ‘even more tense’ rivalry with Mercedes
    Date published: July 22 2021 - Jon Wilde

Helmut Marko has acknowledged the relationship between Mercedes and Red Bull after the British Grand Prix will become “even more tense”.

The battle for supremacy between the two World Championship contenders had already been getting increasingly less friendly at team principal level this season.

Toto Wolff and Christian Horner, aided and abetted by Red Bull advisor Marko, have traded insults and threats of protests about each other’s cars.

The drivers, Lewis Hamilton and Max Verstappen, had been keeping things cleaner on and off track until they collided on the opening lap at Silverstone, with the Dutchman’s car flying into the barrier and out of the race with a 51G impact.

Afterwards, Verstappen criticised his rival’s “disrespectful” and “unsportsmanlike” behaviour for celebrating victory jubilantly at a time when he was in hospital undergoing checks that lasted for a period of several hours.

Marko has reiterated that Red Bull will not seek revenge for what happened, instead happy to let their car do the talking, but does think the rivalry could become even more bitter and fierce as the campaign progresses.

“The relationship will become even more tense. Put it this way, it was never relaxed,” said Marko during an interview with RTL.

“It’s exciting for the spectators. [But] we will behave within fair sporting methods.

“Nothing will upset us. We can’t abandon our concept. We know we have a great package with car, driver and chassis.”

https://www.planetf1.com/news/helmut...cedes-rivalry/

Ecclestone Calls 10-Second Penalty on Hamilton at F1 British Grand Prix a 'Joke'
    Hamilton's all-or-nothing takeout of championship rival Max Verstappen has tightened points chase.

BY GLOBAL MOTORSPORTS MEDIA
    Jul 21, 2021

Former Formula 1 chief executive Bernie Ecclestone has joined those who believe Lewis Hamilton should have been more harshly penalized for his clash with title rival Max Verstappen at Silverstone.

One round of the former F1 supremo's criticism had already reached Hamilton prior to the incident, when Ecclestone said the Mercedes driver is no longer "the fighter he was." But now, while yachting off the coast of Croatia with his wife and 1-year-old child, 90-year-old Ecclestone is offering his two cents on Formula 1's latest big controversy.

"Lewis' actions did not surprise me," Ecclestone told veteran F1 journalist Roger Benoit. "After five defeats, he had fallen into a deep mental depression and lacked the necessary concentration.

"And since Max is always rock hard, Hamilton played poker and went all-in," Ecclestone told European media outlet Blick newspaper.

Ecclestone was highly critical of the stewards' decision to impose only a 10-second time penalty for the incident that left Verstappen briefly in hospital.

"What you could do is let the two best drivers loose and then talk about a racing accident," Ecclestone said. "But if they think it was dangerous, then a 10-second penalty is a joke. I would have given at least a 30-second penalty."

https://www.autoweek.com/racing/form...d-prix-a-joke/

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Another point on Bottas is he actually had the optimal Mercedes strategy this race and he was still very poor. As I said before, I've already heard the decision is made and Russell is going to Mercedes next year. He has done nowhere near enough to hold onto his seat.
    Yep, he failed to deliver in the sprint with faster red-walled tyres that should have put him well in the mix of the fight for the lead of the race but faded backwards. In the main race, a very poor start that put him in the clutches of the Mclarens behind. Then he simply just stayed there until he was helped by the Mercedes pit wall to take advantage of Norris' poor pitstop. He certainly did not deserve the podium position. Norris earned it until the McLaren pit crew threw it away.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 22nd July 2021 at 11:53.
    William Shakespeare

6. Likes: truefan72 (22nd July 2021)
    Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
    Who's got the most penalty points on their licences now or in past 12 months.
    Yet folk claim max is the dangerous driver here!
    I can see where your coming from with Max's line into corner but surely as the leading car he can put his car in s position to make it hard for the car trying to get past.
    Hamilton carried way to much speed in a desperate attempt to pass, never got close to the apex (where max had left room) and continued to hit max and send him into the wall.

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joe1888cfc View Post
    Who's got the most penalty points on their licences now or in past 12 months.
    Yet folk claim max is the dangerous driver here!
    I can see where your coming from with Max's line into corner but surely as the leading car he can put his car in s position to make it hard for the car trying to get past.
    Hamilton carried way to much speed in a desperate attempt to pass, never got close to the apex (where max had left room) and continued to hit max and send him into the wall.
    The penalty point system is a joke. There's no consistency and some of the PP that Lando Norris has picked up are laughable.

There's a line between making it hard to pass and doing what Max did. Max can make it hard to pass by taking a wider arc and maintaining more speed, and I dare say, this would have been the most likely move to succeed. Other drivers like Leclerc know this instinctively but Max appears to have an I'll give them as little legal room as possible attitude. This is what we mean by him being uncompromising. Being tough on your opponents is not the same as being smart.

Legally, by the way, neither driver technically did anything wrong but both could have used better judgement.

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    The penalty point system is a joke. There's no consistency and some of the PP that Lando Norris has picked up are laughable.

There's a line between making it hard to pass and doing what Max did. Max can make it hard to pass by taking a wider arc and maintaining more speed, and I dare say, this would have been the most likely move to succeed. Other drivers like Leclerc know this instinctively but Max appears to have an I'll give them as little legal room as possible attitude. This is what we mean by him being uncompromising. Being tough on your opponents is not the same as being smart.

Legally, by the way, neither driver technically did anything wrong but both could have used better judgement.
    That may be true but Hamilton had ten points at one stage in 2020 while max still has zero. There's a big difference.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Liked 785 Times in 582 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joe1888cfc View Post
    That may be true but Hamilton had ten points at one stage in 2020 while max still has zero. There's a big difference.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
    I've read that Hamilton has a halo and Max has a dunce cap with devil horns .
    That's a big difference .

Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    I've read that Hamilton has a halo and Max has a dunce cap with devil horns .
    That's a big difference .
    Over exaggeration

No one is calling Verstappen a dunce and you know it. He is one of the most exciting racers to watch, but he is still green around the ears. He still makes immature mistakes of not knowing which battle to fight and which ones to let go and fight again another day. He puts it all on the line each time with a costly result when it does not go his way. He has gambled with his 33 points lead [and his life l might add]; all in. And has come out of it with a net 8 points lead to show for it. Now, that was very smart, wasn't it?

You guys are unbelievable.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 22nd July 2021 at 20:03.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts

Breaking news, Hamilton arrested for attempted murder...

Wow...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wbt...-incident/amp/