Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    So , the stretcher is the line on this one ?
    You serious , here ?

I said it looked a little icky , not outright shameful , so don't be upset , Max fan .

Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    So , the stretcher is the line on this one ?
    You serious , here ?

I said it looked a little icky , not outright shameful , so don't be upset , Max fan .
    What would you have expected Hamilton and Mercedes to do? I don't have a problem with Verstappen being unhappy about it. It tells me he is still hungry to win and is coming back fighting. I want that and respect his gusto and determination.

If Hamilton had done anything different, it would have been properly icky.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Lewis did get it wrong yesterday but to isolate blame on Lewis alone is not fair because Max also got it wrong. He could have gone much wider at Copse and given Hamilton more room. They both erred, and Max paid the price.

Otmar Szafnauer immediately called it a racing incident. Initially I thought Hamilton was to blame but then seeing that Verstappen didn't give him enough room as well in Chandhok's analysis made it clear to me it was a racing incident. While I fully understand your position that Hamilton got it wrong, I don't understand why you can't see that Max also got it wrong.
    Yup...Those were my thoughts as the incident happened. Both drivers could have given more room and backed down and neither did. Thus a racing incident.
    The fact that they gave Hamilton a penalty annoyed me. But it was what it was.
    I've seen a bunch of First lap incidents that were not even looked at by stewards or deemed a racing incident in the past 2 years and to me this was about as 50/50 as it gets.
    I've not absolved Hamilton of his 50% blame, it would be nice to see others acknowledge Verstappen's role, ( including the off-track repass in abbey and weaving)
    you can't argue with results.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    It is quite interesting how your perception of events is at odds with what really happened. At the time of the event, the British media pointed their collective fingers squarely at Hamilton. The only real objective perspective of the incident came from Karun Chandhok only. The whole televised event was sickenly biased. The context of the event being a hard-fought world championship duel between Verstappen who was very noticeably weaving dangerously to defend his lead and Hamilton's reaction which l thought were too respectful, thus giving Verstappen plenty of opportunities to recover lost ground. Up to the inevitable moment of the crash that everyone really saw coming.

I did not see objectivity in the Skysport or Channel 4 televised commentary. Though there was a change of tune in the commentaries towards the end of the broadcast. It was clearly very begrudging and hollow praise for Hamilton. It was ugly to say the least.

There seem to be an air of all the media wanting Mercedes and Hamilton to lose this championship. They want to see that team beaten and Redbull was their hope that this would happen. The disproportionate reaction of the media influenced the stewards to do nothing other than giving some form of penalty for what was obvious to them was a mere racing incident. Especially since a similar tyre contact happened further down the grid with the driver sent off the track but luckily without a crash into the barriers. This, without a penalty of a warning. Where is the consistency l ask again. The penalty was an emotional reaction to the incident rather than a product of objective and detailed analysis of the incident.

Maybe, F1 needs a third independent body to be responsible for the stewarding of events. Clearly, F1M is not up to the task.

That said, nobody wants to see a driver sent crashing into the tyre walls. Grosjean's crash is still in the back of everyone's mind. Hence, we were all horrified by the incident. But it takes two to tango. The only fair way to look at the situation is to look at both drivers contributions to bringing about the situation.

The whole mentality about backing out is simply ridiculous. The lead driver ought to know that the chasing driver would not back out and should protect themselves from a crash, especially knowing they have more to lose if it goes wrong. That there is the difference between great drivers and mediocre drivers.

It is just stupid rolling the dice all in when one is already ahead.
    well said

Liked 76 Times in 56 Posts
    Did anyone else here catch the interview after the race between Croft and Horner? I'm pretty sure I heard Horner refer to Lewis as an 8 time World Champion. I think he meant to say 8 Time British GP champion, but that's not what I heard. Bit of a Freudian slip? Has he already given up on this years challenge? Or did I not hear him correctly?

just add him to the ignore list and make your life happier.
    The guy is an obvious hater or troll or both. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Firstgear View Post
    Did anyone else here catch the interview after the race between Croft and Horner? I'm pretty sure I heard Horner refer to Lewis as an 8 time World Champion. I think he meant to say 8 Time British GP champion, but that's not what I heard. Bit of a Freudian slip? Has he already given up on this years challenge? Or did I not hear him correctly?
    Yes l heard him say that also. He meant an eight-time Silverstone winner.
    William Shakespeare

All the emotional outrage of Redbull and its affiliates.

Maybe, they should just take his racing licence so that Verstappen can win the title with ease.

These are the most shameless reactions l have ever witnessed in F1. You would almost think there has never been a crash resulting from wheel to wheel racing ever in F1 or any other motorsport.

As far as these clowns are concerned, no one should race Verstappen. You are all expected to back off and don't give him too much of a fight.
    Lol. That has been the red Bull Way and why, absolutely loathe Horner and Marko.
    I remember all the shenanigans when they were on top of the world winning 4 straight.
    And Vettel was their golden boy. He literally could do no wrong and effectively ran a 1 car team with Webber getting slagged constantly.
    Then Mercedes dominance started and they cried like babies and threatened to leave the championship.
    They threw Renault under the bus and For a half second, Ricciardo was the guy so they shoved Vettel to the side.
    Then when Max came he was the new golden boy and were back to a 1 car team.
    Verstappen up to this year (and including some questionable maneuvers) has been consistently an over aggressive and borderline dangerous driver.
    I've said it before and will always believe that Horner is a joke of a team manager. He runs the outfit poorly and never, ever accepts personal responsibility or blames his golden boy driver (Vettel, then Max) for anything. Even Multi 21 or Turkey incident, or Baku, he cannot find any way to be partial.
    Then he feigns surprise when Ricciardo decides to leave, or when Vettel left.
    Marko on the other hand is a borderline sociopath IMO.

9. Likes: WUff1 (19th July 2021)
    Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
    I don't see the problem with the podium celebration. After all, it was a truly brilliant drive to recover from adversity. There was good cause for Mercedes and Hamilton to celebrate. Besides, it is not as if somebody died. It was a crash and Verstappen got out on his own steam. If he was stretchered out of the circuit, then l would agree with you that it was a poor showing.

We were regularly updated on Verstappen's condition. And it was well known that he was not injured but winded. So l don't see what the fuss is about.

I can see it was a very bitter pill for Verstappen and Horner. But they too would have done exactly the same thing if it was the other way round.

In fact, l distinctly remember Verstappen celebrating after he took out Hamilton's front wing which neutralized Hamilton's challenge for the race win at the start of the season. I also distinctly remember Verstappen being asked about the incident that resulted in Hamilton losing his front wing and him responding that he was not aware that it happened.

This is the way it is with racing drivers. They are happy when things go their way. They are bitter when it doesn't
    Although Danny Riccardo didn't know his condition until interview after the race, but Lewis knew before the race ended or before podium?

Quote Originally Posted by joe1888cfc View Post
    Although Danny Riccardo didn't know his condition until interview after the race, but Lewis knew before the race ended or before podium?
    Yep, he asked and was told he was ok. He knew of Verstappen's condition. Though he was a bit surprised he had to go to the hospital for further checks. But they all saw the Sky interview with Dr Ian Roberts, where he clearly stated that it was a precautionary visit to the hospital.
    William Shakespeare