Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast
    Liked 185 Times in 149 Posts

2021 Race 10 - British Grand Prix

Only 2 races before the summer break. This race will be the opportunity to see if Mercedes has any answer to Red Bull. Mercedes (specifically Hamilton) own this race.

Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    We head to the historic track of Silverstone for a unique racing format. The first-ever F1 Sprint race weekend. Redbull comes into this weekend with three straight victories over Mercedes. For the first time in eight seasons, the seven-time world champions find themselves in a bit of a quandary. The reigning driver world champion stares quizzingly at his team as the emergence of a new force in F1 begins to emanate in the form of Max Verstappen. The pesky dutchman, quick-witted and snappy to offer a cheeky reply, stand tall, confident but cautious. Knowing full well that Mercedes and Hamilton are very capable of turning the tables around at a moments notice. Even so, A Silverstone victory seems assured for Verstappen with chance his only possible obstacle. Get the six-pack, crisps and other snacks ready, we are in for an exciting race weekend.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 13th July 2021 at 18:12.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    We head to the historic track of Silverstone for a unique racing format. The first-ever F1 Sprint race weekend. Redbull comes into this weekend with three straight victories over Mercedes. For the first time in eight seasons, the seven-time world champions find themselves in a bit of a quandary. The reigning driver world champion stares quizzingly at his team as the emergence of a new force in F1 begins to emanate in the form of Max Verstappen. The pesky dutchman, quick-witted and snappy to offer a cheeky reply, stand tall, confident but cautious. Knowing full well that Mercedes and Hamilton are very capable of turning the tables around at a moments notice. Even so, A Silverstone victory seems assured for Verstappen with chance his only possible obstacle. Get the six-pack, crisps and other snacks ready, we are in for an exciting race weekend.

You were saying Nitro...

Does that mean you now believe Lewis is back in contention for the WDC again?

I'm not exactly surprised he took pole and Merc look strong again... but I can't believe Baggie hasn't said anything yet.
    The emergence of the new 'Rainmaster' - Mad Max at Interlagos 2016!

Liked 788 Times in 585 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    You were saying Nitro...

I'm not exactly surprised he took pole and Merc look strong again... but I can't believe Baggie hasn't said anything yet.
    You drinking the Koolaid now , Zico ?

Hearing the roar of the crowd when you've got a "worthy" opponent is way better than hearing "oh , him again" .
    From nowhere in practice to pole .
    Cinderella story to be sure .

And , TBK announced George at Silverstone , so the bagwan's crystal ball has the DRS open , baby .

Liked 643 Times in 508 Posts
    Pip, pip, pip, pip, pip!
    May the forza be with you

6. Likes: pantealex (17th July 2021)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    You were saying Nitro...

Nah, Verstappen is still quicker. A strange oversteer is what prevented him from taking pole. He was clearly faster through most of the speed traps. Besides, Mercedes had to use both cars to find that speed. Sacrificing Bottas' chances to ensure a Mercedes takes pole.

Nope, Mercedes is not in contention properly yet. But it was nice to see a change at the top. I really hope the Mercedes is fast enough to give Redbull a real fight this weekend.
    William Shakespeare

Looking at the comparison video of Hamilton versus Max in qualifying, Mercedes has superior straight line speed. RB car is superior in the corners.

For Mercedes to be competitive tomorrow they need to do something overnight that gets them a little more pace in the corners.

Red Bull has to be looking for alternative to Perez for 2022. Bottas is getting a lot of criticism, but Perez continues to make serious mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by F1nKS View Post
    Looking at the comparison video of Hamilton versus Max in qualifying, Mercedes has superior straight line speed. RB car is superior in the corners.

For Mercedes to be competitive tomorrow they need to do something overnight that gets them a little more pace in the corners.

Red Bull has to be looking for alternative to Perez for 2022. Bottas is getting a lot of criticism, but Perez continues to make serious mistakes.
    I doubt many will do well in that second car of Redbull. I think Perez would get on top of the issues around the car. Besides, due to the minimal track time available to drivers that switched teams this season, most has struggled to get the best performance in their new cars. Ricciardo is struggling as much as Perez. But the Spanish drivers are showing the most progress in their new cars. Vettel is getting better with the Aston as well.

That said, Perez is doing a great job. Mistakes would happen. He is good enough to recover back into the to six, Also don't forget that Perez is a race winner in that cursed Redbull car.
    William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    I think Perez would get on top of the issues around the car. Besides, due to the minimal track time available to drivers that switched teams this season, most has struggled to get the best performance in their new cars.
    It is one thing growing into the car - I can understand that. Halfway through the season now. And now it is two weeks in row Perez is making rookie mistakes that have nothing to do with the car. He continue to struggle in qualifying and pretty much on par with Albon and Gasly were.

If Gasly or Albon were still in the seat I think they would probably have just as good as results as Perez this year - and they might have a higher upside.

Mistakes would happen. He is good enough to recover back into the to six, Also don't forget that Perez is a race winner in that cursed Redbull car.
    Except Perez wouldn't have been the race winner had Hamilton not peed down his own leg.

Quote Originally Posted by F1nKS View Post
    It is one thing growing into the car - I can understand that. Halfway through the season now. And now it is two weeks in row Perez is making rookie mistakes that have nothing to do with the car. He continue to struggle in qualifying and pretty much on par with Albon and Gasly were.

If Gasly or Albon were still in the seat I think they would probably have just as good as results as Perez this year - and they might have a higher upside.

Except Perez wouldn't have been the race winner had Hamilton not peed down his own leg.
    Well, l don't hear you saying the same thing about Ricciardo. I am beginning to think you don't like Mexicans. Stop picking on Perez.
    William Shakespeare