Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jonkka View Post
    Going through the entry list and got curious. Can someone confirm that driver #59 Juan Antonio Castillo is same person who co-drove for Dani Sordo (whose other surname is also Castillo) in his WRC debut 2003?
    Hi Jonkka, how are you? I checked in some old results, and Dani Sordo's codriver was Juan Antonio Castillo Ferna, whereas the current driver is Juan Antonio Castillo Fernández, so I think they are different people.

Edit: on second thoughts, probably Ferna should be Fernandez, but it just didn't fit in the table, so now I do think he is the same person...

And then I had the presence of mind to just look it up in the old Rallybase database tables I still have, and I had him as Juan Antonio Castillo Fernández all along in 2003. So it is very likely he is the same person currently driving a Rally2 Ford Fiesta.
    Last edited by kabouter; 9th October 2021 at 18:52. Reason: changed my mind
    RallyBase Rallying Results: http://www.rallybase.nl/
    WRC results and classifications 1973-2006
    Also with ERC results 1992-2005.

Liked 3,793 Times in 1,980 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredouye View Post
    Camilli was only 20 seconds behind Ostberg in 2019, and it was his first rally with the C3 R5… he is much more comfortable with the car now, IMHO he will fight for the victory.
    French teams are quite known for very strict team orders and they use a lot of money on the C3 R5 of Řstberg in WRC 2. So I doubt he will be allowed to (hypothetically) finish ahead since Řstberg still has a title chance.

Liked 657 Times in 352 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kabouter View Post
    Hi Jonkka, how are you?
    Hi ya! Tjeerd, is it? Hard to remember old nicknames. I am fine, old farts die hard. And you?

And then I had the presence of mind to just look it up in the old Rallybase database tables I still have, and I had him as Juan Antonio Castillo Fernández all along in 2003. So it is very likely he is the same person currently driving a Rally2 Ford Fiesta.
    Ha-ha, I figured as much as my data pointed at the same! That is interesting little bit of occurrence, what goes around comes around. A tip for local TV crews, go asking both crews about their first common foray to WRC. Thanks for confirming this.

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jonkka View Post
    Hi ya! Tjeerd, is it? Hard to remember old nicknames. I am fine, old farts die hard. And you?
    Yes, you got the correct Kabouter I've not been following rallying much for about ten years - life getting in the way (change of work, buying a house, a kid), but sometimes I do look in on the forum I spent so much time on while I was at uni.

I've found a video interview with Juan Castillo from last year: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0IbLqE47z8
    Could be the correct age to have started co-driving 20 years ago.

And now I've found confirmation in this article: https://revistascratch.com/regional-...-rallyes-46259

It describes the intended switch of Juan Castillo from hillclimbing to rallying as a driver for the 2019 season, mentioning that he already had rallying experience as codriver for, among others, Dani Sordo.

That was a fun little puzzle, bringing me back to the times I did this on an almost daily basis to make RallyBase as accurate as possible...
    Last edited by kabouter; 10th October 2021 at 07:14. Reason: Found more info

5. Likes: dimviii (10th October 2021),jonkka (10th October 2021),pantealex (11th October 2021),Rallyper (11th October 2021),TWRC (10th October 2021)
    Liked 3,792 Times in 1,686 Posts
    Yes, you got the correct Kabouter I've not been following rallying much for about ten years - life getting in the way (change of work, buying a house, a kid), but sometimes I do look in on the forum I spent so much time on while I was at uni.
    Hi Tjeerd, it is great to see you again after so long time !

7. Likes: kabouter (11th October 2021)
    Liked 48 Times in 20 Posts
    Hey Tjeerd!
    Can't believe it's you!
    How's everything? No more RallyBase, in any form?
    Drive as if your life depends on it...because it does!

2005 WRC Pickems Champion!

9. Likes: kabouter (11th October 2021)
    Liked 237 Times in 112 Posts
    Where to check local weather for stages?

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PLuto View Post
    Hi Tjeerd, it is great to see you again after so long time !
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaps View Post
    Hey Tjeerd!
    Can't believe it's you!
    How's everything? No more RallyBase, in any form?
    Hi guys! I see you're still around after all these years I'm fine. Life's a lot different now though compared to 10 years ago.

I've still got all the RallyBase data, but not the time nor energy to build a more modern website (with more secure code) and start updating the database again. If a rallyfan with IT skills would volunteer to do most of the work, I could probably get all the old data back online, but I won't have the time to add all the missing results from the last ten years. And with ewrc-results.com around, I don't think there's much need.

12. Likes: cali (11th October 2021)
    Liked 314 Times in 170 Posts
    but I won't have the time to add all the missing results from the last ten years. And with ewrc-results.com around, I don't think there's much need.
    That's a pity - it was a great resource & I miss the questions on the "History" thread. It was fun digging to find if I had the answer and fascinating to read the answers that others found.

Liked 3,793 Times in 1,980 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drive View Post
    Where to check local weather for stages?
    For a simple start you can use this: https://www.yr.no/en/forecast/daily-...gona/Vilaplana
    when watching on the same day it's best to use a combination of webcams and radar for example like this: https://www.windy.com/-Weather-radar...41.376,1.689,9

Looks like some rain on Saturday, which would be nice. Catalunya can get a bit boring if it's dry all the time and who doesn't remember Loeb's 2018 win?

15. Likes: drive (12th October 2021),WRC1 (12th October 2021)