Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Liked 5,552 Times in 2,296 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kabouter View Post
    Hi Jonkka, how are you? I checked in some old results, and Dani Sordo's codriver was Juan Antonio Castillo Ferna, whereas the current driver is Juan Antonio Castillo Fernández, so I think they are different people.

Edit: on second thoughts, probably Ferna should be Fernandez, but it just didn't fit in the table, so now I do think he is the same person...

And then I had the presence of mind to just look it up in the old Rallybase database tables I still have, and I had him as Juan Antonio Castillo Fernández all along in 2003. So it is very likely he is the same person currently driving a Rally2 Ford Fiesta.
    Yes, it is the same.

https://www.revistascratch.com/regio...-rallyes-46259
    Last edited by Andre Oliveira; 12th October 2021 at 10:57.

Liked 237 Times in 112 Posts
    so silent.... its a rally week!!! any suggestions on a plan for Fri ss1, ss3 ss4 and back to ss6? I know its hard to predict how many people would turn up, but still: my plan to come to ss3 near Ermita de Berrus through tv7411 road and for ss6 through Barranc de Voravall - or is it to optimistic?

Liked 3,791 Times in 1,979 Posts
    Things to follow in Spain besides the Ogier vs Evans fight:

- tarmac is last surface where Rovanpera doesn't have very good results (1-2) will he get it here?

- did Hyundai finally improve on (normal) tarmac for other drives than Neuville? A bit pointless though as both titles are lost.

- Solberg,(goal has to be to get to finish, not to post 1-2 fast times), comparison with Solans in older car and much less testing

- MSport and Fourmaux especially, tarmac is best surface for both of them

- new Hyundai with Suninen and Gryazin (again) in Fabia, Cais (improvement after Barum? or was it mostly "home advantage") and Stritesky

4. Likes: AnttiL (12th October 2021)
    Liked 488 Times in 243 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    - tarmac is last surface where Rovanpera doesn't have very good results (1-2) will he get it here?
    Yes, no 1 or 2 results yet, but showed already in Ypres (3rd) that he is able to fight with the best drivers on tarmac beating his teammates Evans & Ogier.

6. Likes: pantealex (14th October 2021)
    Liked 2,275 Times in 1,069 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rp View Post
    Yes, no 1 or 2 results yet, but showed already in Ypres (3rd) that he is able to fight with the best drivers beating his teammates Evans & Ogier.
    Yep, that was a very, very good performance in Ypres considering what he did to Ogier and Evans. He's still so raw in terms of wrc tarmac experience compared to his teammates and all the Hyundai's.

Monza wasn't proper tarmac, Monte Carlo's aren't. In Croatia he crashed on the 1st stage (a corner Ogier was inches from binning it too), and he took a podium in Ypres. Unless I'm mistaken, that's only the maybe two conventional tarmac events he's done?

8. Likes: AnttiL (12th October 2021)
    Liked 35 Times in 18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drive View Post
    so silent.... its a rally week!!! any suggestions on a plan for Fri ss1, ss3 ss4 and back to ss6? I know its hard to predict how many people would turn up, but still: my plan to come to ss3 near Ermita de Berrus through tv7411 road and for ss6 through Barranc de Voravall - or is it to optimistic?
    Take into account that this tv7411 is not a tarmac road but gravel so, depending where you come from in ss1 could be tight

10. Likes: drive (12th October 2021)
    Liked 237 Times in 112 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Priorat View Post
    Take into account that this tv7411 is not a tarmac road but gravel so, depending where you come from in ss1 could be tight
    Thanks! Yes i know about the gravel, just question how bad/slow it could be...
    Cannot deside for Sat how to get 4 places to watch... any suggestions? 😀

Liked 12,206 Times in 5,240 Posts
    so, can Ogier do like Tänak in 2019 and clinch the title in Spain?

He definitely cant just drive with his halfass speed this time, im sure he would like to clinch the title and he has superb record on tarmac with the Toyota (3 wins out of the LAST 4 tarmac rallies).

So in my eyes he is definitely the favourite, although if Evans can keep his Rally Finland momentum then we should see an epic fight. Evans definitely has to give his maximum again.

But the trend lately with the Toyotas is that only one driver from the team nails the set-up and the rest are struggling, so we will see who it is this time or will they all nail it?

Hyundais were 1 and 3 here in 2019, actually 1-2 even before the last stage, and they all had good speed on Ypres too but Spain has totally different character than Ypres. Dont know what do think, Thierry will definitely be fast.

M-sport will have their intra battle again, i expect Fourmaux to win this time easily.

and realllyyy interested to see how Suninen will go with the Hyundai in WRC2 class and Solbergs debut on tarmac with the main machine.

i hope it will be really exciting rally again like in Finland, with Ogier and Evans having a really close fight for the win and Hyundais also mixing it up there.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

13. Likes: Eli (13th October 2021),WRC1 (13th October 2021)
    Liked 2,836 Times in 1,610 Posts
    Don´t forget Pickems guys!! Stop time is 0830 CEST Friday morning.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 2,117 Times in 916 Posts
    Solberg driving with the newest car/chassis(#31).

edit: yes, chassis is 31, license plate is 51 ending.
    mybad
    Last edited by TypeR; 14th October 2021 at 12:13.