Page 23 of 41 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    Liked 335 Times in 203 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom K View Post
    Of course it does matter. You should look how tight is the battle and what are the rules in WRC 3. For final standings you take 5 best out of 7 outings. So basically you can forget how the standings are looking now. Probably number of wins will decide but...

For now: Rossel : Kajto is 3:3. Kajto has 2 starts (Spain and Monza) and for now he can be a champion without winning any of these rallies.

But it FIA gives Rossel win in Acropolis the ratio would be 4:2 for him. And Kajetanowicz should win Spain and Monza. But he will know it... after one or even two these rallies

You know now, why its so ridiculous? Let's imagine Ogier or Evans has for example 15 suspended points...

Crazy!
    Yeah I understand what you say and that the situation is uncomfortable and I know about the ratio and the classification.
    But at the moment, my point was on Lindholm’s presence. His presence has a lot of impact on the championship if he wins because it takes some points + if Lindholm is superior to the others, Kajto may not take the same risk than if he was fighting for the lead. Whereas in my opinion, they shouldn’t be authorized to fight for WRC3 points, either him or his co-driver. I don’t have a problem with them running this rally; my issue is that they are running for championship points. And the risk is that they do the same in Monza which can also influence the championship because of the improvement margin being different between Rossel and Kajto.

For Kajto, I think he has enough experience to know that he must do the best results possible in the two rallies with this administrative thing pending all the more than he is far from being sure of beating Rossel in Monza (as far as I know, Rossel will be in Monza). All the more than being 2nd here + 2nd in Power Stage is not enough to take the lead in the Championship on Sunday and he wouldn’t have a huge improvement margin for Monza.

Anyway, personally, I hope that whoever it is, we will have a clear champion as soon as Monza with no potential influence of the appeal.
    Last edited by Danny0405; 15th October 2021 at 23:17.

Liked 314 Times in 170 Posts
    Under FIA rules both members of the crew are drivers and have to have FIA driver licences so that either can drive on any section. This is an old rule from the days when rallies were almost all endurance events and the two (or three) crew members had to share the driving. A lot of the regulations refer to the "1st named driver" to distinguish from the other driver(s) in the car - hence the term "co-driver" not "navigator" on international events.

If Hämäläinen/Lindholm are scoring points then they must have paid the €3000 registration fee for Reeta as a championship driver in addition to the fee paid already for Sebastian. The option is open for anyone to do it - they just needed to be smart enough to spot the opportunity and be willing to spend the money.

3. Likes: AnttiL (16th October 2021),cali (16th October 2021),Rallyper (16th October 2021)
    Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts
    Good morning guys

All crews have chosen to take five hard compound Pirelli P Zero tyres for this morning's loop.

5. Likes: AnttiL (16th October 2021),cali (16th October 2021)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Yesterday it was all smooth wide Catalunyan roads...now there will be narrower sections and surface changes. SS7 has slightly broken tarmac and chipseal, while SS8 throws in a Croatia-style very narrow and abrasive concrete section, then abrasive fast tarmac, and finally hairpins on concrete. And then SS9 is like SS1's twin brother but even faster!

Liked 2,839 Times in 1,612 Posts
    Morning everyone.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

8. Likes: dimviii (16th October 2021)
    Liked 2,839 Times in 1,612 Posts
    So Tanak not restarting. Did he just loose interest?
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    So Tanak not restarting. Did he just loose interest?
    Car too badly damaged

Liked 657 Times in 352 Posts
    Oh my, WRC.com commentary is so priceless:

Not a bad effort at all from Gus - second fastest so far
    When he was fourth driver to finish and two others were Solberg and Solans so how hard it is to be second fastest?

Good time from Solans here

Liked 253 Times in 103 Posts
    Currently raining on SS9.

14. Likes: AnttiL (16th October 2021),dimviii (16th October 2021)