Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Liked 788 Times in 585 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    Yep, l did. He ran out wide over the ribbed sausage kerbs which wrecked the undertray and parts of under the rear. From that point, he was limping home.

I suppose we shall see how the second half of the season goes. From what we have seen so far, only the F1M plan is obvious. Mercedes is properly scappered!
    That's what they said happened , but did you actually see the damage ?

Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    That's what they said happened , but did you actually see the damage ?
    Steady now. Do we have to see the damage when we saw it happen?
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    Steady now. Do we have to see the damage when we saw it happen?
    The commentators said they hadn't seen anything come off the car as I recall .
    Did you ?
    Usually , we would be shown a few shots of the damage causing a top car to be slow during the telecast but I didn't see any .
    Curious , eh ?

Liked 185 Times in 149 Posts
    He's not a steward .
    Well evidently different stewards have different ideas of how to apply the rules. There have been much more egregious incidents than the Norris/Perez even with no penalty. That lack of consistency is not acceptable and should be called out.

5. Likes: airshifter (9th July 2021)
    Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    The FIA need to review the rules in regards to pushing a competitor off the track IMO. I know it is against the rules but there seems to be an unwritten guideline depending on the outer track surface which the rules do not mention. If you push someone wide whilst defending and there is a run off area, it escapes the stewards review. If you do it and there is gravel, it clearly carries a 5 second penalty as we saw in Austria. They either decide it is enforceable all of the time or they amend the rules regarding outer track surfaces. The last race was sort of dampened by these interventions and it took the shine off what was developing into a good fight.

Quote Originally Posted by henners88 View Post
    The FIA need to review the rules in regards to pushing a competitor off the track IMO. I know it is against the rules but there seems to be an unwritten guideline depending on the outer track surface which the rules do not mention. If you push someone wide whilst defending and there is a run off area, it escapes the stewards review. If you do it and there is gravel, it clearly carries a 5 second penalty as we saw in Austria. They either decide it is enforceable all of the time or they amend the rules regarding outer track surfaces. The last race was sort of dampened by these interventions and it took the shine off what was developing into a good fight.
    Welcome back , dude .

I get what you're saying , but isn't that kind of consistent with how much time the driver that is forced off is losing in a gravel run-off compared to a paved area ?

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    Welcome back , dude .

I get what you're saying , but isn't that kind of consistent with how much time the driver that is forced off is losing in a gravel run-off compared to a paved area ?
    Thanks

That would be fine as long as the rules define the difference but the rules reference simply ‘leaving the track’. It’s probably why so many of the current drivers and ex drivers have been asking this same question over the past week.

Quote Originally Posted by henners88 View Post
    Thanks

That would be fine as long as the rules define the difference but the rules reference simply ‘leaving the track’. It’s probably why so many of the current drivers and ex drivers have been asking this same question over the past week.
    You're welcome , and I hope you stick around this time .
    Even though your opinions are always wrong(hee hee) , they would be very welcome around here as we're down to a pretty small number of regulars .

As to the rule , I think it's fair , as long as the guy outside is right beside the other guy .
    You need to be able to try to pass on the outside , and so if you can get the front plane of your front tire to break the plane at the rear of your opponent's front tire on the inside , at a defined point (halfway) through the corner , I think you should achieve the right to a car width .
    It's hard to see beside you in these cars , so , it seems they do need to define it in some way , so we don't have any argument in these situations .