Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F1nKS View Post
    Well that really just Hamilton. He's kind of a petulant child when he not winning. I see he is now demanding that Mercedes bring some upgrades. Which I am sure they will regardless of what Toto is saying in his press conferences.

Toto understands what was going on with the Red Bull engines and said so in press conference. If you have durability/reliability concerns you have to run you engine at lower power to preserve the life. If you fix those issues of concern then theoretically you can run at higher power (though with future reliability concerns in future races).

I'm sure Mercedes has untapped potential in their engines they could turn up some if they want to risk future reliability.
    Merc will introduce some mild aero and engine upgrades soon..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/57651115

Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    Merc will introduce some mild aero and engine upgrades soon..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/57651115
    That is nice to hear but l doubt it would be enough to upset Redbull. Redbull is well poised to take both championship titles this season.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    That is nice to hear but l doubt it would be enough to upset Redbull. Redbull is well poised to take both championship titles this season.
    The odds are obviously slightly in RBR's favour right now but there is a long long way still to go and literally anything could happen, a single DNF by Max and its advantage Lewis again. This could easily swing the other way yet.
    Let's not also forget that RBR are in exactly the same position as Merc regarding the 22 car... and I also wouldn't bank on Totto being totally honest that the 21 car will not be upgraded again this season. Could easily just be gamesmanship.

Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    The odds are obviously slightly in RBR's favour right now but there is a long long way still to go and literally anything could happen, a single DNF by Max and its advantage Lewis again. This could easily swing the other way yet.
    Let's not also forget that RBR are in exactly the same position as Merc regarding the 22 car... and I also wouldn't bank on Totto being totally honest that the 21 car will not be upgraded again this season. Could easily just be gamesmanship.
    It would be interesting to see if Mercedes could win a race in the next four races, if the Redbull of Verstappen does not have a DNF or something of that nature. The Mercedes is a second rate car now. They cannot beat Redbull on outright performance in a straight fight. If anything, that is exactly what the result at Paul Ricard is telling us. To keep the fans still engaged, they use words like "nip and tuck", "ebbing and flowing" and turn around. All of that contingent upon Mercedes finding some elusive solution that helps them regain three-tenths of a second. With the pressure of 2022, l doubt Mercedes have the bandwidth to find such a solution. This is it or put the 2022 project at risk.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare