Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by F1nKS View Post
    [B]

3. Russell - he looked poised to capture his first points for Williams and then some reliability issue rear it head and then "poof" he was retired.

C'mon dude, you cant go around calling people poofs! First of all this is a family forum and besides that, its also just an internet rumour started by Mazepin threatening to out him because of a joke video where he had Albon pictures on the wall of his driver room.

https://youtu.be/AEE9-Jodgq4
    The emergence of the new 'Rainmaster' - Mad Max at Interlagos 2016!

2. Likes: Bagwan (28th June 2021),gm99 (28th June 2021)
    Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zic' View Post
    C'mon dude, you cant go around calling people poofs! First of all this is a family forum and besides that, its also just an internet rumour started by Mazepin threatening to out him because of a joke video where he had Albon pictures on the wall of his driver room.

May the forza be with you

Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post

ha ha ha :-)
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    In this race, Redbull did it 2sec flat. A two-tenths gain
    For Perez. That really has nothing to do with Max getting the undercut on Lewis, which was the original point you made.

If you are speaking of the Styrian GP, it's nobody's fault that Merc isn't the fastest in the pits, other than Merc. Several teams other than RB have had the fastest stops this season.

As for the automated light systems, I haven't seen details. In theory it should be good, but why would that take out the human anticipation factor any more than if humans were doing it? It seems to me they should just make penalties higher for improper stops. If done in the sense of future grid penalties, that would slow down the teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    From the conspiracy corner comes the thought that this fits perfectly with the theory .
    Max isn't too far away from Lewis still , and Valterie coming second keeps the Mercs close in the manufacturer standings .

Everyone , including all you guys and gals are thinking Red Bull has the edge now .
    That sounds like the perfect set-up for an epic comeback for Lewis and the team .

Lewis smiled a number of times in the interviews , whilst talking about how fast the bulls were . That's not like him .

I know you cats don't want to hear it , but I think Merc is that confident that they can play with the others .

Don't count me in on the theory that Merc are in trouble with the car. Merc are in trouble with driver errors and strategy IMHO. Take those factors out and they would still be well in the hunt up front. The only edge I see RB having is that they have gotten into the head of Merc and Lewis some.

I just think that Merc were so dominant they forgot what pressure is, and it's been costing them. The same could easily happen to RB, such as the poor stop for Perez today... and Baku for that matter. There is still a long way to go in the season, and I'm not counting Merc out by any means.

As for this race... I'm so glad there is a midfield. Perez trying to chase down Bottas seemed a long shot, but worth it. But it was so late in the game it didn't add much excitement.

But the midfield was hard to keep track of, and strategies and races were moving along nicely.

I'm bummed for Gasly, as he has been doing well. And for Russell, I thought for sure he was going to loft that car up into the points.

It is interesting how that fastest lap point has been coming into play more and more. Well done by Merc and Lewis on that one, and I suspect we will see that point coming into the picture more and more as the season moves forward.

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    "Don't count me in on the theory that Merc are in trouble with the car. Merc are in trouble with driver errors and strategy IMHO. Take those factors out and they would still be well in the hunt up front."

These are catastrophic and uncharacteristic fails for the Merc team , but notice they are still well and truly in the hunt up front .

Apparently , the smiling Ham went down a "radical" road in the set-up of his car , and this is what they are pointing at as a reason for the lack of pace against Max .

They look rattled , but I think that's the aim .

Quote Originally Posted by airshifter View Post
    For Perez. That really has nothing to do with Max getting the undercut on Lewis, which was the original point you made.

If you are speaking of the Styrian GP, it's nobody's fault that Merc isn't the fastest in the pits, other than Merc. Several teams other than RB have had the fastest stops this season.

As for the automated light systems, I haven't seen details. In theory it should be good, but why would that take out the human anticipation factor any more than if humans were doing it? It seems to me they should just make penalties higher for improper stops. If done in the sense of future grid penalties, that would slow down the teams.
    Wow, you are surprising so blinked about what is going on. Firstly, l don't understand what your point is. Are you saying Redbull would be unaffected by the new pitstop rule? Which is what my original post was about. I don't get it.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 28th June 2021 at 13:07.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    What a snoozefest it was.

9. Likes: airshifter (29th June 2021)
    Quote Originally Posted by zako85 View Post
    What a snoozefest it was.
    yep
    William Shakespeare

Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    These are catastrophic and uncharacteristic fails for the Merc team , but notice they are still well and truly in the hunt up front .

Apparently , the smiling Ham went down a "radical" road in the set-up of his car , and this is what they are pointing at as a reason for the lack of pace against Max .

They look rattled , but I think that's the aim .
    I'm not big on the conspiracy theories Baggy. I think Merc has just blown it a few times, and Lewis did too. So they went from fighting to being on the back foot somewhat. I think they are honestly rattled, with all the finger pointing of wings, suggestions of a more powerful engine, etc. But being behind the curve is new to them, so they are trying where they can. I mean, looking at the RB wing from Austria, it's not exactly rocket science that the thing would be quick on the straights. It's even more comical when Merc did the same at Baku, and with the smaller wing they could easily keep the gap when RB was chasing with DRS open down that long straight.

Maybe bendy wings are magic when they don't bend, and that should be the approach of Merc. Protest the magic wings, just brilliant.

It will be interesting to see what the teams change for the upcoming race. I have a suspicion that Merc might use a smaller magic rear wing.

Wow, you are surprising so blinked about what is going on. Firstly, l don't understand what your point is. Are you saying Redbull would be unaffected by the new pitstop rule? Which is what my original post was about. I don't get it.
    Not at all blinked.

You've stated in a previous thread that the undercut was partly due to a faster pit stop.

When Mercedes were scratching their heads as to why Hamilton did not undercut Verstappen at Paul Ricard, was a combination of faster pitstop and out lap times by Redbull and Verstappen.
    I stated and showed evidence that the pit stop was slower, and the deficit was elsewhere. My point it that reality is reality, and that the pit stop wasn't the reason the undercut worked.

As for the Styrian race, Max was so far ahead that the .2 faster change didn't have anything to do with maintaining the lead. Just like every other team, it is what it is. If you cherry pick to state when Merc get a bad pit stop as a race changing cause, why not even mention that the only thing that put Perez in 3rd was a stop nearing 5 seconds?

As for the pit rules, much like you I don't really see the timing of it with so few wheel problems lately. But my major point was that with sensors to confirm wheel on and change the light, if the human anticipates the light they really haven't policed anything. Are they going to time pauses for each human?

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    "I'm not big on the conspiracy theories Baggy. I think Merc has just blown it a few times, and Lewis did too. So they went from fighting to being on the back foot somewhat. I think they are honestly rattled, with all the finger pointing of wings, suggestions of a more powerful engine, etc. But being behind the curve is new to them, so they are trying where they can. I mean, looking at the RB wing from Austria, it's not exactly rocket science that the thing would be quick on the straights. It's even more comical when Merc did the same at Baku, and with the smaller wing they could easily keep the gap when RB was chasing with DRS open down that long straight."

That's just it , though .
    They chose to be slower on the straights in Austria , didn't they ?