Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 185 Times in 149 Posts

2023 - Race 8 Spain

So the big question, has Mercedes made a big step foward?

Liked 643 Times in 508 Posts
    Fred messed up his qualifying. He should get a few places back in the race, if he doesn't get clocked, or clock someone else.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
    May the forza be with you

Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F1nKS View Post
    So the big question, has Mercedes made a big step foward?
    I think they have but not that much it seems, I suppose we shall see how good their race pace is tomorrow. I really wonder what happened to Leclerc??? The Astons were a disappointment, l expected them to be well up there with the Redbulls but they turned out to be nowhere.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    I think they have but not that much it seems, I suppose we shall see how good their race pace is tomorrow. I really wonder what happened to Leclerc??? The Astons were a disappointment, l expected them to be well up there with the Redbulls but they turned out to be nowhere.
    Yeah, Alonso yesterday looked like he was capable of having a shot for pole.

I have read that Leclerc was having problem with "left turns" with his car.

I have seen data analysis that showed Hamilton had a chance for front row, but just could not hook up his best sectors at the same time.

Liked 667 Times in 465 Posts
    Crazy session. I think we have a good chance of some things getting fun in the race tomorrow, as I think some cars will eat tires, and race pace vs qually pace are often different things.

Leclerc so far back is strange, but I suspect car damage. Likewise Fred, he knows when he just had a bad lap and when the car isn't right. Sergio is another story, but I suspect both Max and Fred own free space in his head lately, and he's just pushing too hard.

No shock that Gasly got penalties, and the team didn't help any there. Speaking of teams getting it wrong, Merc managed to not let George even know Lewis was there, and the resulting contact took away both of their last laps. Great job Merc!

At least Carlos got it right for a change, but that's another reason this qually was one with a lot of unexpected things happening!

As for Max and RB..... I think there was more in the tank.

Quote Originally Posted by F1nKS View Post
    Yeah, Alonso yesterday looked like he was capable of having a shot for pole.

I have read that Leclerc was having problem with "left turns" with his car.

I have seen data analysis that showed Hamilton had a chance for front row, but just could not hook up his best sectors at the same time.
    The dynamics of Hamilton changed after the crash with Russell. Was that crash odd or what? But it happens. Alonso would move up the order during the race. The question is can he get onto the podium? He would need to get past Hamilton and Norris at least, which l think may be harder than usual on this track where all the cars are closer than we have seen so far this season.
    William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by airshifter View Post
    Crazy session. I think we have a good chance of some things getting fun in the race tomorrow, as I think some cars will eat tires, and race pace vs qually pace are often different things.

Leclerc so far back is strange, but I suspect car damage. Likewise Fred, he knows when he just had a bad lap and when the car isn't right. Sergio is another story, but I suspect both Max and Fred own free space in his head lately, and he's just pushing too hard.

No shock that Gasly got penalties, and the team didn't help any there. Speaking of teams getting it wrong, Merc managed to not let George even know Lewis was there, and the resulting contact took away both of their last laps. Great job Merc!

At least Carlos got it right for a change, but that's another reason this qually was one with a lot of unexpected things happening!

As for Max and RB..... I think there was more in the tank.
    Sainz is quietly establishing himself as the lead driver of the Ferrari team, contrary to what most people are thinking. He is ahead in points and seems to be outperforming Leclerc in the last few races. Perez just watched his championship chances take a nosedive again. I think he would be settling into the number driver again this season, which nis a bummer. It means there is no real competition for the title this season. An easy ride to Abu Dhabi for Verstappen it is looking at the mo.
    William Shakespeare

Can we say Ferrari is in crisis? What is going on at Ferrari?
    William Shakespeare

Russell was mighty at this race. 11th to 3rd, what a drive. Perez as well actually.
    William Shakespeare

It does look like that Mercedes took a step forward as it was a good weekend for them. It will be interesting to see if Hamilton can make a push for 2nd in the standings.

Ferrari just continues to go backwards. It is mind boggling.