Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 50 of 50
  1. #41
    Senior Member EstWRC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Estonia
    Posts
    10,282
    Like
    4,553
    Liked 8,900 Times in 3,808 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Last year at Rally Alba Loubet was posting similar times relative to Tanak like Solberg did this year.

    Just saying

    Find it strange how people already discard Loubet.
    which shows you cant make any assumptions based on a small rally where they are mostly testing

    just saying...
    Last edited by EstWRC; Yesterday at 05:48.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

  2. Likes: pantealex (Yesterday)
  3. #42
    Senior Member AnttiL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    7,253
    Like
    6,351
    Liked 7,692 Times in 3,384 Posts
    I mean, Loubet has had now full year in the WRC car and he's completely lost. Solberg was posting great stage times already in his first event in Arctic. OK, Loubet has also shown some pace here an there, but especially the two last events have been throwaways.

  4. Likes: pantealex (Yesterday)
  5. #43
    Senior Member AnttiL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    7,253
    Like
    6,351
    Liked 7,692 Times in 3,384 Posts
    One more thing about Safari, difficult to predict how the starting order will affect things. Unlike most gravel rallies, there won't be a hard-based road to clean from loose gravel, it will just dig deeper into the soil, and whether it will make for better traction or not, I don't know. Dust could also be a big issue. I'm ready to put my money on Ogier's win.

  6. #44
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    4,415
    Like
    297
    Liked 2,633 Times in 1,429 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steve.mandzij View Post
    you find it strange? have you been watching anything at all this season?

    Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    I mean, Loubet has had now full year in the WRC car and he's completely lost. Solberg was posting great stage times already in his first event in Arctic. OK, Loubet has also shown some pace here an there, but especially the two last events have been throwaways.
    Loubet drove 3 WRC rallies last year.... 3. (+ 2 testing tarmac events), and 5 this year. In Monte (on tarmac that he has most WRC experience ) he did post a few decent times 2., 4th... (changing conditions though).


    In terms of starts, Portugal and Sardinia this year were similar to for example Latvala at start of 2006. Wasn't exactly setting the world on fire. Tanak in 2012 is also somehow similar experience level, that one usually ended with crash after posting top 5 times for first few stages.

  7. #45
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    23,567
    Like
    8,620
    Liked 14,155 Times in 6,235 Posts

  8. Likes: steve.mandzij (Yesterday)
  9. #46
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,213
    Like
    4,649
    Liked 666 Times in 344 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Loubet drove 3 WRC rallies last year.... 3. (+ 2 testing tarmac events), and 5 this year. In Monte (on tarmac that he has most WRC experience ) he did post a few decent times 2., 4th... (changing conditions though).


    In terms of starts, Portugal and Sardinia this year were similar to for example Latvala at start of 2006. Wasn't exactly setting the world on fire. Tanak in 2012 is also somehow similar experience level, that one usually ended with crash after posting top 5 times for first few stages.
    it's just that Loubet has had neither pace nor consistency in any of his WRC starts, and he's only getting worse.

    Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

  10. #47
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    J y v ä s k y l ä
    Posts
    3,506
    Like
    15,582
    Liked 1,888 Times in 940 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Since I guess the car is already on the way, Will he run the weird hybrid spec Loubet has been using whole season, or will they manage to change?


    Rally cars were NOT sended by boat, Airplane will carry them.

    So every spec is still possible for Oliver
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

  11. Likes: AnttiL (Yesterday),er88 (Yesterday),mknight (Yesterday)
  12. #48
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    141
    Like
    0
    Liked 77 Times in 40 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steve.mandzij View Post
    it's just that Loubet has had neither pace nor consistency in any of his WRC starts, and he's only getting worse.

    Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    Looking at Greensmith, it sqeems that he may benefit for an experienced codriver to get his act together.
    Stephane Prevot ? Denis Giraudet ? Why nor Daniel Elena ?

  13. #49
    Senior Member Sulland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    5,552
    Like
    1,259
    Liked 966 Times in 490 Posts
    Smart to give a car to Solberg. He will learn a lot, and have the experience of his life so far.
    If he drives sensible he will do well. This rally also has an endurance side to it.

  14. #50
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    354
    Like
    78
    Liked 268 Times in 137 Posts
    It's though life as a Loubet-fan

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •