Page 8 of 100 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 1000
  1. #71
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    6
    Like
    0
    Liked 22 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jmwachuya View Post
    Hell's gate is quite tricky, with deep ruts and quite narrow..
    It will be a headache for cars behind!
    Malewa a bit first, but rocky.. should be puncture prone!
    I am doing an official role as a post chief, will be stationed in stage 2 Chui..
    Will give real time updates to this forum!

    Sent from my CPH1725 using Tapatalk


    Sent from my CPH1725 using Tapatalk

  2. #72
    Senior Member AnttiL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    7,438
    Like
    6,576
    Liked 7,851 Times in 3,467 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jmwachuya View Post
    Hell's gate is quite tricky, with deep ruts and quite narrow..
    Interesting, based on the recce video it seemed like a wide, smooth and easy stage.

  3. #73
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    4,623
    Like
    300
    Liked 2,777 Times in 1,508 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Interesting, based on the recce video it seemed like a wide, smooth and easy stage.
    But do we know when the recce vid was filmed? Some rain between?

  4. #74
    Senior Member Fast Eddie WRC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    15,483
    Like
    2,981
    Liked 7,293 Times in 3,846 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Red bull View Post
    The VW polo of Kenya's Carl Tundo is the only POLO with a snorkel. https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rall...4995196576392/

    Ryan Champion @Ryan_Champion

    Interesting to see the locals preparing differently to factory teams for the lWRC return to Safari Rally. From what the Assistant Clark of the Course told us this week it may not be as ‘easy,’ as some anticipate..

  5. #75
    Senior Member AnttiL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    7,438
    Like
    6,576
    Liked 7,851 Times in 3,467 Posts

    [WRC] Safari Rally Kenya 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    But do we know when the recce vid was filmed? Some rain between?
    Yes, seems already a bit rockier on the new recce video from last week. Original videos were from April

  6. #76
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    4,623
    Like
    300
    Liked 2,777 Times in 1,508 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Ryan Champion @Ryan_Champion

    Interesting to see the locals preparing differently to factory teams for the lWRC return to Safari Rally. From what the Assistant Clark of the Course told us this week it may not be as ‘easy,’ as some anticipate..
    But the locals run there more than once per year and I guess sometimes also during rainy season.

  7. #77
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    4,623
    Like
    300
    Liked 2,777 Times in 1,508 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Yes, seems already a bit rockier on the new recce video from last week. Original videos were from April
    Didn't know they posted new vids, thanks for the heads-up.

    On SS2/5 they cut the grass on the parts where you barely could see any track before, now it's much more open and quite different stage.

  8. Likes: AnttiL (21st June 2021),the sniper (21st June 2021)
  9. #78
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    144
    Like
    87
    Liked 179 Times in 58 Posts
    https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/is-20...s-robert-reid/

    I am afraid Nicky Grist is right. Route is very short and the recce videos show it rather soft. Maybe FIA should examine some change in the distance limits for certain rallies, like Safari and Acropolis. A rally championship without some truly endurance events is lacking a certain aspect of the sport.

  10. Likes: AndyRAC (22nd June 2021),steve.mandzij (22nd June 2021),Tauri_J (22nd June 2021)
  11. #79
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    6
    Like
    0
    Liked 22 Times in 5 Posts

    [WRC] Safari Rally Kenya 2021

    [IMG][/IMG]Attachment 2124
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jmwachuya; 22nd June 2021 at 05:07.

  12. Likes: AnttiL (22nd June 2021),Ha3aP (22nd June 2021),pantealex (22nd June 2021),steve.mandzij (22nd June 2021)
  13. #80
    Senior Member AnttiL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    7,438
    Like
    6,576
    Liked 7,851 Times in 3,467 Posts

    [WRC] Safari Rally Kenya 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by scn View Post
    https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/is-20...s-robert-reid/

    I am afraid Nicky Grist is right. Route is very short and the recce videos show it rather soft. Maybe FIA should examine some change in the distance limits for certain rallies, like Safari and Acropolis. A rally championship without some truly endurance events is lacking a certain aspect of the sport.
    Acropolis couldn’t even make it to the minimum of 300 km this year…

    You can't make the rallies longer by just increasing the limit, the whole structure must support the longer format. More tyres, more service visits, more driving days, more days of recce...equals more expenses. Who pays for that? Who wants that other than a small group of old farts who crave for nostalgy? The average spectator who watches the two live stages on TV or goes to spectate one stage on his domestic rally? The drivers for example have said rallies could be already shorter than they are now.
    Last edited by AnttiL; 22nd June 2021 at 06:20.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •