Page 11 of 56 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Liked 98 Times in 52 Posts
    great video,all these guys together...................
    R.I.P.Colin Mcrae

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hi everyone!

I'm an exchange student and I'm currently in Turku, I was wondering if someone from this city is going to Jyväskylä the weekend of the rally. I was searching bus/train connections but I don't think the schedules will match as good as I want. So please if you know someone who's going from Turku let me know, I will obviously pay my % of petrol so it gets cheaper for both.

Liked 2,836 Times in 1,610 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0h8...l=RallyFinland

A promotional short film. Like Tommi mäkinen would say, absolutely incredible!
    Great promotion for Rally Finland.

However I think I heard some wrong info there... Mr Simo Lampinen said Timo Makinen won Ouninpohja stage while driving with the open bonnet on his BMC Cooper S.

Another well known Lampinen has told me it was Swede Bengt Söderström who won the stage in his Cortina Lotus that year (1967?).
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 12,206 Times in 5,240 Posts
    I thought it will be Ott instead of Kalle in the end
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

5. Likes: pantealex (19th September 2021)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    Great promotion for Rally Finland.

However I think I heard some wrong info there... Mr Simo Lampinen said Timo Makinen won Ouninpohja stage while driving with the open bonnet on his BMC Cooper S.

Another well known Lampinen has told me it was Swede Bengt Söderström who won the stage in his Cortina Lotus that year (1967?).
    Lampinen meant he won the whole rally. Subtitles were incorrect.

7. Likes: pantealex (19th September 2021),Rallyper (17th September 2021)
    Liked 12,206 Times in 5,240 Posts
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

9. Likes: AnttiL (17th September 2021),dimviii (17th September 2021),er88 (17th September 2021),Jewy46 (18th September 2021),pantealex (19th September 2021),the sniper (17th September 2021),TWRC (19th September 2021),WRC1 (17th September 2021)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts

[WRC] 70th Rally Finland 2021

Quote Originally Posted by bearclaw View Post
    So finally we decided that we will go to Rally Finland. I have seen that there are some accommodations available around Jyväskylä – maybe less people expected than normally? We will buy our rally passes on the way towards Jyväskylä.

On Friday, I’m not sure it is clever to try to go from Ässämäki 2 after the WRC cars to catch the finish of Oittila?

Saturday, 4 stages should be ok and Sunday the classic Ruuhimäki rollercoaster.

What are your plans for the weekend…
    I’d advice to just watch Ässämäki 1 or Sahloinen-Moksi 1 and take your time to get a good spot for Oittila. It will be near impossible from Ässämäki 2, and at most you’d be spectating a junction at the access road.

Liked 335 Times in 203 Posts
    Interesting to see what Lappi will do in Finland.
    I think it will not be possible for the win with so much time out of a RC1 car (+ he will not have his last year’s car) all the more with Rovanpera and Tanak being 4th and 5th on the road.
    + a very far road position may not be a huge advantage this year with the rally later in the season (darkness, weather).
    A podium position might be reachable if he adapts quickly and would probably secure him a seat for next year (whatever is the team).

A comparison with Katsuta would have been interesting but as the Japanese has been unlucky recently, I think he will be quite conservative to finish this time even if it is his last opportunity to achieve a good result this season (he seems too far in asphalt rallies).

Liked 1,594 Times in 724 Posts
    I don't think no one can keep pace with Rovanperä this year. Maybe Tänak, but IF and only IF he can find some sweetspot with settings - he is fast for sure, but his confidence is nowhere near Toyota days.

If Lappi can beat Ogier and Evans, it's more than "good job" already. And it also may give 2nd place.

Liked 1,120 Times in 599 Posts
    If conditions are equal i suppose a lot of drivers can keep pace with rovanpera.

Ogier, evans, neuville and tanak should be at least equally fast when they need to.

The thing which separates the champions from the would be's is knowing when not to push. And then ogier is still king.