Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    With three of the most exciting drivers on the front row, we are set for an exciting race today. Leclerc is reminding us of what a great racer he is. It is hard to tell now, who would win the race. The Merc is still looking vulnerable but they did a great job turning it around. Helped by the crash l think. I think Verstappen could have taken pole, given a clean qualifying session. It is what it is!

With the blustery winds at Baku, we are certain to see more crashes during the race. Hence this is one race where an unlikely winner could emerge. Bottas would be looking to carve his way back up to the top six. He would have to go past Perez to do that. Hence that tussle is one to watch out for, as that would make all the difference in the constructors battle between Redbull and Mercedes, whom are currently separated by one sole point.

Leclercs Ferrari is slower on the straight than the Mercedes and Redbull behind, hence l expect he would be dispatched backwards within five laps. Then the monumental battle between Hamilton and Verstappen shall commence in earnest. Assuming Verstappen do not have one of those ligthning starts that usually propells him into the lead.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 6th June 2021 at 20:58.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F1nKS View Post
    Just like that Hamilton is able to "find the time" overnight.
    I'm glad you agree that Merc are not sandbagging, It's just Lewis transcending the car and able to get more out of it than anyone else.. which is why he is the GOAT.
    Max and Charles would probably have been a full second away in that dog of a Merc.

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts

Liked 644 Times in 509 Posts
    Checo baby!
    May the forza be with you

Huge blow for Max and a substantial points deficit to recover from.
    Pirelli looking to have messed up big time, let's hope for a DNF for Lewis to equalise things and keep the battle alive.

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    Huge blow for Max and a substantial points deficit to recover from.
    Pirelli looking to have messed up big time, let's hope for a DNF for Lewis to equalise things and keep the battle alive.
    That's not a very fair thing to say, looking at the graphics Lewis had 10% more tire than RBR's, and Max already knew about Strolls tire issue so he could have preserved them more. He can blame Pirelli but he's also to blame for not saving his tires.

But yes, the tires should not be exploding like that either way. Pirelli have questions to ask, it's not good enough, but it's not as though RBR didn't have warning from Strolls incident.

So far these tire failures have passed by without major casualties but imagine if Verstappen had been side by side another driver there, the chances of a fatality would be astronomically high. Pirelli need have serious questions to answer.
    Last edited by The Black Knight; 6th June 2021 at 14:09.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    That's not a very fair thing to say, looking at the graphics Lewis had 10% more tire than RBR's, and Max already knew about Strolls tire issue so he could have preserved them more. He can blame Pirelli but he's also to blame for not saving his tires.

But yes, the tires should not be exploding like that either way. Pirelli have questions to ask, it's not good enough, but it's not as though RBR didn't have warning from Strolls incident.
    That I'd prefer to see a championship decided on performance than DNF's? I don't think that's unfair, it's not like I'm wishing for Lewis to crash.. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

I wasn't feeling RB were at fault here but tbh I don't know if they were cutting it too fine or not. I guess it depends on what Pirelli's tyre predictions were.

Liked 644 Times in 509 Posts
    Great restart by Fred!
    May the forza be with you

9. Likes: donKey jote (6th June 2021)
    Ah well.. that evens everything up again and no more crashes. I'm very surprised at that happening to Lewis as he rarely makes mistakes. More likely a brake issue IMO.

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    That I'd prefer to see a championship decided on performance than DNF's? I don't think that's unfair, it's not like I'm wishing for Lewis to crash.. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

I wasn't feeling RB were at fault here but tbh I don't know if they were cutting it too fine or not. I guess it depends on what Pirelli's tyre predictions were.
    There's more than one variable here, having a tire blow out is multifaceted, their tires were older than Lewis but 10% more worn. Anyway it doesn't matter now as what looks like a Mercedes technical error cost Lewis the win from the looks of it.