Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    There's more than one variable here, having a tire blow out is multifaceted, their tires were older than Lewis but 10% more worn. Anyway it doesn't matter now as what looks like a Mercedes technical error cost Lewis the win from the looks of it.

That is very true.. and IIRC Max was warned about one of his tyres nearing critical temp.. wonder if it was that one. I'll need to rewatch to find out though unless anyone knows?

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    That is very true.. and IIRC Max was warned about one of his tyres nearing critical temp.. wonder if it was that one. I'll need to rewatch to find out though unless anyone knows?
    From Lewis interview it seems like it was driver error, he accidentally clipped a switch which meant he had no brakes into turn 1.

Liked 644 Times in 509 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    From Lewis interview it seems like it was driver error, he accidentally clipped a switch which meant he had no brakes into turn 1.
    Here is the radio transmission:
    "Did i have the magic on?"
    "Yea, but, yea just knock that off"
    "I could have sworn i turned it off"
    "Yea you did, but knocked it on with the upshift"
    May the forza be with you

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    Vettel over the moon as he explains key to podium finish
    Aston Martin's Sebastian Vettel returned to the podium with a second place finish after starting from 11th place on the grid
    Author Thomas Maher

A beaming Sebastian Vettel has explained where he felt the key to his success was as the German driver finished in second place from an 11th place grid slot.

Vettel had great pace throughout the race, running a long first stint after looking after his starting soft tyres, and slowly climbed the order to finish on the podium.

"I think it means a great deal, obviously it's been a tough start for us," Vettel smiled after the race, when asked how much the return to the podium meant for the former Racing Point outfit.

"I think it was a great race, we had good pace, that was the key obviously we had a good start, made some positions straight away then looked after my tyres.

"As soon as everybody went into the pits, I'd really good pace to overcut, you can see the restart worked brilliantly for me. And, yeah, I mean, we obviously have fresher tyres which I guess helped warming up the tires later on so, yeah, great day, I mean, I'm over the moon."

Read MORE here;

https://racingnews365.com/vettel-ove...-podium-finish

Liked 1,075 Times in 601 Posts
    Has there been anything written as to if it was debris on the track that caused both tire failures?
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    I want to say I am delighted for Vettel. I think Karma has bitten him badly over the last number of years and humbled him somewhat in the process which was badly needed. It's good to see him come back to close to his best at least in the last two races. He'll never be a GOAT but he is an amazing driver when everything clicks.

7. Likes: Fortitude (7th June 2021)
    Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    Perez!!!, it keeps getting better for him. With thirty points away from the leader, this race win has brought him into the title fight. Well a very good outside chance.

Like l said, an unlikely winner would win this race. Maybe, l should start giving betting advice :-)
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

9. Likes: Fortitude (7th June 2021)
    Liked 185 Times in 149 Posts
    What a mad race. Perez with a hydraulic issue that could have retired his car at anytime. Hamilton trying to use some "magic" at the end to win the race - finished behind Mazespin. Vettel getting on the podium.

Very entertaining race.

11. Likes: Fortitude (7th June 2021)
    Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N. Jones View Post
    Has there been anything written as to if it was debris on the track that caused both tire failures?
    There is word from Pirelli that they found a cut on the inside of one of Lewis's tires , which is pointing to the other blow-outs being also caused by debris .
    They aren't sure about where Lance picked it up , but Max's suspected debris issue was likely the result of Lance's accident .

Given that they had a number of other runners who ran as many laps , and that there were no signs that there was any issue at all for either Lance's or Max's engineering teams prior to the blow outs , it's unlikely a tire construction issue , and more likely a carbon fiber one .

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    a tough day in the office for Verstappen and Hamilton.
    Happy for Perez, Vettel and Gasly. Each drove an outstanding race.

It was a weird race with hamilton only giving up the lead because he was held in the pits by Gasly.
    And verstappen only keeping his lead because Perez had a slow pit stop. So Max didn't do much of anything to earn his leads.

Mercedes need to consider doing the bottas russell switch soon methinks.
    This race, more than any other proves the quality of Hamilton who kept that car in p1 for a while despite being the 3rd fastest car on the grid.
    And Bottas showing, yet again, to everyone why he is a decent but not great driver. I honestly feel that the team is better served with Russell in the 2nd seat going forward this season.
    you can't argue with results.

14. Likes: Fortitude (7th June 2021)