Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Liked 669 Times in 467 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    The funny thing is that, the front brakes did engage but the car seemed to be speeding up. Could this be an exposure of some hidden gimmick on the Mercedes?
    Since everyone else slowed to take the corner, probably just an illusion of sorts since front break lock and no rear brakes wouldn't slow the car much. Keep in mind F1 cars usually carry a more balanced break bias than street cars, since the rear wings produce downforce. Most street cars get more front breaking power, since few are as "balanced" overall as a Formula 1 car.

Quote Originally Posted by Mia 01 View Post
    I´m glad that Kimi scored a point, the team needed that. Well how time changes!
    Yep, the old man of F1 got into the points again. Kimi, Kimi, Kimi! Overall it was good to see the mix in the points and shake things up some.

As for the error, it seems to me that they would make it harder to accidentally engage a break bias device in such a way. But it seems common for teams to use this or a similar method. It might also explain some of the spins and such that seem silly during warm up laps. By having break bias hard to the front, it helps heat all brakes and tires, since the engine can be working harder against the front brakes, and the rears are working harder to push the car with the brakes dragging, even when the wheels aren't spinning. Intentional wheelspin can help heat the backs even more.

So it could have been the slower warm up lap behind the pace car that had the Merc smoking so much on the line, or maybe Lewis was just working real hard to get max heat in the tires, since he knew it would just be a couple lap shootout to race.

It's just surprising that it bit him this race if they have used it for so long.

Toto isn't happy with Merc right now, and the team is showing signs of cracking under the pressure from RB this year. I'm not sure if that is what got to Lewis, but something did.

Liked 185 Times in 149 Posts
    Preliminary investigations are showing the tire failures were likely FOD.

Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    GASLY!!!
    The underated Redbull driver just keeps producing podium visits with the Alpha Tauri. He deserves a top seat, l think.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 644 Times in 509 Posts
    Yeah, the Gas-man is really comming into his own!
    May the forza be with you

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    So , another uncharacteristic screw-up race for Merc that leaves Max and the bulls in the lead .
    I said that might happen .

Anyone ever heard of the "magic" before ?
    Seemed like a little too much data in that information dump . It smelled like red herring .

Max still in the lead in Austria would be exciting , wouldn't it ?

Thank-you for visiting bagwan's conspiracy corner , a dark part of his fuzzy brain .

Normal programming may now resume .

6. Likes: Mia 01 (9th June 2021)
    GASLY!!!
    The underated Redbull driver just keeps producing podium visits with the Alpha Tauri. He deserves a top seat, l think.
    But where would he go?

He not going to Mercedes
    He not going to Red Bull
    He not going to McClaren
    He not going to Aston Martin
    He not going to Ferrari

Alpha Tauri is better than all the remaining teams.

Quote Originally Posted by F1nKS View Post
    But where would he go?

He not going to Mercedes
    He not going to Red Bull
    He not going to McClaren
    He not going to Aston Martin
    He not going to Ferrari

Alpha Tauri is better than all the remaining teams.
    This is Formula One buddy, he could end up literally in any of those teams. I think he would eventually end up in the Redbull. There are circumstances that could see him in a Mercedes as well, but a big change at Mercedes is the only way that would happen. If Ricciardo does not get up to speed at Mclaren, there could be a fall out there which would create space for Gasly. Vettel and Hamilton are close to retirement, hence there are possibilities from those two seats.

Just to make my point that anything is possible.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    The Story Of Seb's Brilliant Baku Podium | 2021 Azerbaijan Grand Prix
    Formula 1

A roller-coaster weekend ended on an incredible high for Sebastian Vettel as the four-time world champion claimed a historic first podium for his new team, Aston Martin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gy-8SqLdxkI

INSIDER: How Sebastian Vettel Finished P2 in Baku!
    Aston Martin Cognizant Formula One Team

Heroic. Historic. Heartbreaking. This is the story of a classic Formula 1 weekend, told through the eyes of those at the very heart of it. Join Senior Performance Engineer, Ben Michell, to discover the madness of the Azerbaijan Grand Prix. This is #IAMSTORIES | INSIDER, Baku. ��

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbGojqq7m1E

ANALYSIS: How Vettel went from missing Q3 to his first podium for Aston Martin in Baku
    By Jonny Reynolds and Jamie May 09 June 2021

After a trying start to the season with Aston Martin, Sebastian Vettel has been on a bit of a charge of late, culminating in his feel-good podium in Azerbaijan. In our latest data deep dive, we look at the key parts of Vettel’s weekend to show how he went from disappointment on Saturday to joy on Sunday.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...BijxCrnS1.html
    Last edited by Fortitude; 9th June 2021 at 19:28.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortitude View Post
    The Story Of Seb's Brilliant Baku Podium | 2021 Azerbaijan Grand Prix
    Formula 1

A roller-coaster weekend ended on an incredible high for Sebastian Vettel as the four-time world champion claimed a historic first podium for his new team, Aston Martin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gy-8SqLdxkI

INSIDER: How Sebastian Vettel Finished P2 in Baku!
    Aston Martin Cognizant Formula One Team

Heroic. Historic. Heartbreaking. This is the story of a classic Formula 1 weekend, told through the eyes of those at the very heart of it. Join Senior Performance Engineer, Ben Michell, to discover the madness of the Azerbaijan Grand Prix. This is #IAMSTORIES | INSIDER, Baku. ��

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbGojqq7m1E

ANALYSIS: How Vettel went from missing Q3 to his first podium for Aston Martin in Baku
    By Jonny Reynolds and Jamie May 09 June 2021

After a trying start to the season with Aston Martin, Sebastian Vettel has been on a bit of a charge of late, culminating in his feel-good podium in Azerbaijan. In our latest data deep dive, we look at the key parts of Vettel’s weekend to show how he went from disappointment on Saturday to joy on Sunday.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...BijxCrnS1.html
    I am happy for Seb actually. I am just quietly concerned about whether he can keep that form up, on the non-street circuits. If he can, that would be great for Aston Martin and Seb.
    William Shakespeare

11. Likes: Fortitude (10th June 2021)
    This is Formula One buddy, he could end up literally in any of those teams.
    I wouldn't take Gasly over any of those drivers at those teams. I would take Bottas over him.

I think he would eventually end up in the Redbull.
    It seems Red Bull is happy to keep him at Alpha Tauri. I guess if Max went to Mercedes and Perez retired, maybe Red Bull would have no choice to elevate him.

I don't know what exactly happened behind the scenes, but there is enough rumblings that he will never be at Red Bull again. I would rather have Albon than Gasly at Red Bull say if Hamilton retired and Verstappen moved to Mercedes.

There are circumstances that could see him in a Mercedes as well, but a big change at Mercedes is the only way that would happen.
    Don't you think that if Hamilton retired and they decided to get rid of Bottas, wouldn't they go with Ocon and Russel?

If Ricciardo does not get up to speed at Mclaren, there could be a fall out there which would create space for Gasly. Vettel and Hamilton are close to retirement, hence there are possibilities from those two seats.
    I can see your point with Mclaren. Though I hope Ricciardo finds his way.

From watching him at Red Bull it just seems that Gasly is probably better suited as small team driver where there are not large expectations.