Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    The finish line is in sight, with twelve points and the potential to increase that gap to Hamilton this weekend at Mexico City. it is looking very rosy for Verstappen. But the next four races is where his mettle would be truly tested. So far, he has shown an impressive resolve and undaunted determination to prevail. Like the last set in tennis or the final 5 minutes of a football match where things can quickly change. The young challenger would need to keep his head against a multiple world champion that thrives in these situations.

Even at this point of the season, Verstappen has earned the respect of everyone in the racing world. But winning the driver's championship will propel him to the sort of stardom that Alonso enjoys.

The tenuous question is, can he pull it off?

Hamilton has yet to assert himself effectively and he still has time to get his mojo together. If he can find his perfection, he can give Versdtappen a real headache. With the sort of crashes we have seen, there is a good chance that we may have a championship-deciding crash as we head into Abu Dhabi. This season is set for a very controversial ending. The stuff of history.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 7th November 2021 at 01:05.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

After watching Schumacher on Netflix. I can see how Verstappen shows all the signs of the early Schumacher. The speed, fearlessness and stubborn determination to win. Like Schumacher, he is taking the fight to a seven times multiple world champion. But also on a grid with a few world champions present. From Vettel, to Alonso to Raikonen.
    William Shakespeare

By hook and crook, he has put himself ahead of the 2021 driver's championship. He has watched the inevitable dwindling of his once handsome lead by the relentless seven times world champion Sir Lewis Hamilton. And he heads into the last two races from back to back losses to Hamilton in the last two races. The Redbull thunder seems to be fizzling out when he needs it the most. But he knows he has the speed to win it given a competitive car.

The racing world wonders if Max Verstappen can do it. Can he beat the current GOAT of F1?

With eight points in hand, it is still a very tall order but without any dodgy driving, does he have a chance. Would he need to take Hamilton out in the first corner to be champion? Because the recent trend suggests that he cannot win it honestly with a clean fight on the race track. The Redbull cars are fading backwards and are yet to find an answer to Mercedes.

With desperation redlined, the next two races are going to be something to behold. We are yet to find out what Verstappen is made of. What sort of racer he is. And what sort of values drives his quest for F1 glory.

We know Hamilton and what he was prepared to do when all hopes of winning the 2016 title fell to the very last race. That very slow lap as he backed Rosberg into the pack hoping Ferrari's Vettel would overtake Rosberg and try to win the race. A move that would have made the possibility of winning a reality.

But the situation today is different. This is a Senna vs Prost situation. In 2016, Hamilton was behind on the points and needed to make Rosberg lose points. On this occasion, Verstappen is ahead eight points with two races to go. They have got into two previous crashes where the Mercedes in Hamilton's hands were going to win those races if those crashes did not happen. Can he pull another one off? He only needs one. It is quite clear the stewards are turning a blind eye to all of Verstappen's antics. So we are going to either witness the greatest comeback in Hamilton or the greatest survival in Verstappen. We hope without the help of dodgy STEWARDING but clean wheel to wheel racing.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 28th November 2021 at 19:12.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 180 Times in 140 Posts
    What are those two crashes instigated by Verstappen that prevented Hamilton from winning you keep referring to? Monza I get (although one can argue if Lewis would have won there given his position in the race at the time of the accident), but what was the other one?
    Oct. 31, 1999 - one of the blackest days in motorsports.

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gm99 View Post
    What are those two crashes instigated by Verstappen that prevented Hamilton from winning you keep referring to? Monza I get (although one can argue if Lewis would have won there given his position in the race at the time of the accident), but what was the other one?
    I suspect he is getting a bit mixed up and referring to Silverstone... where apparently Max should have been more respectful, not turned in.. and gotten right out of the way like Charles did. Leaving a cars width in room as per the rules, wasn't good enough.

Yep, the different rules that apply for Lewis and the sense of entitlement is astounding.

Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    I suspect he is getting a bit mixed up and referring to Silverstone... where apparently Max should have been more respectful, not turned in.. and gotten right out of the way like Charles did. Leaving a cars width in room as per the rules, wasn't good enough.
    Yes, l was referring to Silverstone, but not implying blame per se. I think the current situation is red hot and another crash is highly likely to happen. How and why is the next controversy to be discussed on this forum. I hope Verstappen fans on the forum [not naming names] are satisfied.

I expect Verstappen to be super aggressive to beat Hamiton in his current form. And the next crash would originate from two possible sources; firstly, Hamilton's aggressive defence, now rubber-stamped [Sao Paolo] by the stewards. Or from Verstappen's aggressive attack also rubber-stamped [Silverstone] by the stewards. The recipe for a crash has been inadvertently created by the inconsistency of the stewards.

Yep, the different rules that apply for Lewis and the sense of entitlement is astounding.
    You are consistent l would say. Hence no comment.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 28th November 2021 at 19:27.
    William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    Yes, l was referring to Silverstone, but not implying blame per se. I think the current situation is red hot and another crash is highly likely to happen. How and why is the next controversy to be discussed on this forum. I hope Verstappen fans on the forum [not naming names] are satisfied.

I expect Verstappen to be super aggressive to beat Hamiton in his current form. And the next crash would originate from two possible sources; firstly, Hamilton's aggressive defence, now rubber-stamped [Sao Paolo] by the stewards. Or from Verstappen's aggressive attack also rubber-stamped [Silverstone] by the stewards. The recipe for a crash has been inadvertently created by the inconsistency of the stewards.
    Think you have these a bit the wrong way round too dude. Lewis was the attacker and Max the defender at Silverstone.

You are consistent l would say. Hence no comment.
    Thanks, I do try, it is probably a bit easier being a neutral.

Yes, it wouldn't surprise me at all if these two tangle again, in fact its almost guaranteed. They are both equally determined and although Lewis will probably have the better package for the remaining two races, Max has the luxury of being able to do a Schumacher/Senna 'do or die', which Lewis must avoid at all costs as even if he wins in Jeddah with fastest lap, while he will have the exact same points as Max, he will still have one less win overall.
    Last edited by Zico; 28th November 2021 at 20:44.
    The emergence of the new 'Rainmaster' - Mad Max at Interlagos 2016!

Think you have these a bit the wrong way round too dude. Lewis was the attacker and Max the defender at Silverstone.
    As always, you fail to understand what you have read

Thanks, I do try, it is probably a bit easier being a neutral.
    Anti-Hamilton and anti-Perez posts do not represent a neutral position. You are as neutral as Donald Trump.

Yes, it wouldn't surprise me at all if these two tangle again, in fact its almost guaranteed. They are both equally determined and although Lewis will probably have the better package for the remaining two races, Max has the luxury of being able to do a Schumacher/Senna 'do or die', which Lewis must avoid at all costs as even if he wins in Jeddah with fastest lap, while he will have the exact same points as Max, he will still have one less win overall.
    This championship is set to be one of the most controversial in recent memory, l think.
    William Shakespeare

As always, you fail to understand what you have read
    No, I'm sure I'm not the only one who will find your previous statement just as muddled and confusing as I did.

Hamiltons aggressive defense (Sao Paulo) and Max's aggressive attack (Silverstone)... Eh?

No...

Max's aggressive attack (Sao Paulo) and Lewis' aggressive attack (Silverstone)... or even Max's aggressive defence (Silverstone) would have made much more sense.

I do agree with the gist of what you were trying to say though.

Anti-Hamilton and anti-Perez posts do not represent a neutral position. You are as neutral as Donald Trump.
    Everyone has a bias, intentional or not, even me... but comparing me with Trump? That might be offensive if it wasn't so ridiculous!
    You have publicly stated before that you will ALWAYS defend Hamilton no matter what, so by your own admission you are one of the most biased posters on here. I'm still far more towards neutral than you will ever be.

No, I'm sure I'm not the only one who will find your previous statement just as muddled and confusing as I did.

Hamiltons aggressive defense (Sao Paulo) and Max's aggressive attack (Silverstone)... Eh?

No...

Max's aggressive attack (Sao Paulo) and Lewis' aggressive attack (Silverstone)... or even Max's aggressive defence (Silverstone) would have made much more sense.

I do agree with the gist of what you were trying to say though.

Everyone has a bias, intentional or not, even me... but comparing me with Trump? That might be offensive if it wasn't so ridiculous!
    You have publicly stated before that you will ALWAYS defend Hamilton no matter what, so by your own admission you are one of the most biased posters on here. I'm still far more towards neutral than you will ever be.
    If you stop looking at stuff from an anti-Hamilton perspective then you would find that you have completely misunderstood the post. But l shall not comment on your posts about this any further. You are being slow in the head buddy.
    William Shakespeare