Thread: RIP Max Mosley

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts

RIP Max Mosley

Very sad news. Max passed away from cancer aged 81 today. One cannot quantify the number of lives he saved as he drove safety forward through the years - a motorsport hero and I hope he gets a heroic send off in Azerbaijan.

RIP
    Last edited by The Black Knight; 24th May 2021 at 22:52.

Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Max Mosley was a character and has left behind a legacy of the ultimate FIA President. He was as controvercial as he was influencial. A Londoner that was unappologetically frank as he was deviously conniving. The other pea in the Ecclestone pod, both men worked together in a mutually respectful and complementary way, such that their co-operation led to the multi billion dollar event that F1 is today. Most people attribute this acclaim solely to Bernie Ecclestone without the mention of Mosley's powerful contribution that muscled the changes required for F1 to change into what we know it to be today. The infamous Concord agreement was their combined gift to F1. But Mosley was tirelessly pushing F1 towards a safer sport.

Max Mosley was a giant of F1. And the F1 story would be incomplete without the mention of his name. RIP Max!
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 25th May 2021 at 20:37.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 668 Times in 466 Posts
    Interesting developments all over the news recently.

His death ruled a suicide after not coming to grips with terminal cancer. I can't say that this would change my opinion of him really, as at least he made his own decision rather than wither away and deal with more suffering.

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by airshifter View Post

His death ruled a suicide after not coming to grips with terminal cancer. I can't say that this would change my opinion of him really, as at least he made his own decision rather than wither away and deal with more suffering.

I can sort of understand that decision although that method sounds just a tad extreme.
    Personally I think I'd have chosen a more dignified way to go. A visit to Dignitas in Switzerland perhaps. I gather that process takes time though... maybe time he did not have.

Ah well, RIP Max.

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by airshifter View Post

I agree. At least he went on his own terms. It's sad he did a lot for F1 but we all must go at some point.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    It's a pity, a man has left who could change a lot for motorsport rip max
    To finish first, first you have to finish