Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Liked 788 Times in 585 Posts
    If only they could come up with a diversion to keep people preoccupied with another issue that kind of backs up the ruse , like a flexy wing or something .
    It would look like the wing is the reason they were so far behind .

And , with the wing still usable in the next race , where the longest straight will make it useful , they could tank that as well , giving the crowd the belief the bulls have a chance .

The question is , though , do you let the drivers in on it ?

Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    All I'm saying is that Merc goy it REALLY wrong all weekend long .

You're right that they "appear" to be struggling , but , at the same time they were able to turn it up and run a full second ahead of the whole pack on Monaco's short track .
    That's not easy .

I could be completely wrong , but it smells a little like they needed to create the impression of a strong opponent , even though they showed their hand with that fastest lap .
    From the smell of it , I'd say Merc will win it all , but the bulls will look like they could have .
    Here is another one for you, maybe the F1 establishment wants any team other than Mercedes to win the championship this year. The cut out of the chassis is not slowing them down enough and talks of banning the flexi-wing has been delayed to give Redbull a chance to get enough points ahead to make it look like there is a real fight going on.

I bet they would ban the Mercedes front wing to give them something else to overcome.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 4th June 2021 at 15:13.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    Here is another one for you, maybe the F1 establishment wants any team other than Mercedes to win the championship this year. The cut out of the chassis is not slowing them down enough and talks of banning the flexi-wing has been delayed to give Redbull as chance to get enough points ahead to make it look like there is a real fight going on.

I bet they would ban the Mercedes front wing to give them something else to overcome.
    I can't see how Mercedes wouldn't win an ICA appeal. Clearly the FIA have said they agree something is off with the wings. Therefore they must be illegal and I can't see how RBR or other affected teams are to be continued to allowed to race with them. I think Mercedes have a case and a big one.

Liked 668 Times in 466 Posts
    The FIA has had to intervene a number of times in recent years regarding wing flex, both front and rear. As it stands right now, Merc really have no case. If the wing passes the tests, it is deemed legal by the controlling authority in an official test. It's simply a matter of Merc for once being a little behind the curve, and trying to force the issue since they run a different rear wing setup. But they aren't complaining about RB's front wing at all.... I wonder why?

I actually think it's comical that with only a few point gap, Merc now seem to be in panic mode. I think they have had a margin so large they they never felt anyone could challenge them soon. And the reality is as was stated by Bagwan IMHO, they just got it really wrong at Monaco. With any car there will be circuits where it's not as strong, and the same applies for the team, drivers, etc.

The conspiracy theories already starting are comical though. When a team loses it's dominance in F1, it's because they did. And very rarely IMHO is is due to the FIA playing any favorites, games, or wackiness. The rules develop over time and here and there even a good team gets it wrong.
    Last edited by airshifter; 3rd June 2021 at 23:42.

Liked 788 Times in 585 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by airshifter View Post
    The FIA has had to intervene a number of times in recent years regarding wing flex, both front and rear. As it stands right now, Merc really have no case. If the wing passes the tests, it is deemed legal by the controlling authority in an official test. It's simply a matter of Merc for once being a little behind the curve, and trying to force the issue since they run a different rear wing setup. But they aren't complaining about RB's front wing at all.... I wonder why?

I actually think it's comical that with only a few point gap, Merc now seem to be in panic mode. I think they have had a margin so large they they never felt anyone could challenge them soon. And the reality is as was stated by Bagwan IMHO, they just got it really wrong at Monaco. With any car there will be circuits where it's not as strong, and the same applies for the team, drivers, etc.

The conspiracy theories already starting are comical though. When a team loses it's dominance in F1, it's because they did. And very rarely IMHO is is due to the FIA playing any favorites, games, or wackiness. The rules develop over time and here and there even a good team gets it wrong.
    Shifter , what I am suggesting is that Merc got it so wrong that it wasn't believable .
    Now , neither driver is within the top 10 in practice .
    That doesn't sound believable in itself , but it was Hamilton still being able to smile some in the interview after the session that made the bagwan say "hmmmmmm" .

The wing thing , to a degree , is just a distraction .
    They have at least a second in their pocket .
    Merc will lose this one , too , and the bulls will look like real contenders at a quarter of the way through the season .