Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 180 Times in 140 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    If that is the best Redbull has to offer Gasly; a car not capable of winning a championship. Of course, he would head elsewhere where the car is better than the Alpha Tauri.
    But what car would that be? Mercedes I doubt, so that leaves Ferrari (who seem to be rather satisfied with their current pairing of Leclerc and Sainz) and McLaren (where Norris is on a long-term contract and Ricciardo in his first of two years). Aston Martin and Alpine are currently not much better, if at all, than the Alpha Tauri. So Gasly probably won't have many alternatives, at least not for 2022.
    Oct. 31, 1999 - one of the blackest days in motorsports.

Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gm99 View Post
    But what car would that be? Mercedes I doubt, so that leaves Ferrari (who seem to be rather satisfied with their current pairing of Leclerc and Sainz) and McLaren (where Norris is on a long-term contract and Ricciardo in his first of two years). Aston Martin and Alpine are currently not much better, if at all, than the Alpha Tauri. So Gasly probably won't have many alternatives, at least not for 2022.
    Probably not, but the future is good for Gasly, he can afford to wait. I would be surprised if he is still at Alpha Tauri in 2023 or 2024 at the very latest.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 185 Times in 149 Posts
    Ocon signs a 3 year contract with Alpine. Updated the master sheet.

Hamilton confirms that negotiations are under way.

“Valtteri is my team now and we’ve both of us had our ups and downs in our careers,” he said. “But as I said, I think he is a fantastic team mate and I don’t necessarily see that it needs to change.”

Liked 666 Times in 464 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F1nKS View Post
    Hamilton confirms that negotiations are under way.
    The Hamilton comments on Bottas seem out of place really IMHO. Is he just hoping to make sure that he never gets someone in the other car that can challenge him, or does he think that his presence on the team demands consideration of his view of who else it on the team?

Considering Merc aren't leading the WCC at the moment, probably not the best timing either way.

I think it would be foolish of Merc to retain Bottas. I hoped he would rebound and get stronger, but in the end he just isn't up to being on the top team. But this F1, and anything can happen.

Hamilton extends his contract 2 years.

Russell said he would be with a Mercedes power team....to Mclaren?

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F1nKS View Post
    Russell said he would be with a Mercedes power team....to Mclaren?
    I think Mercedes would be crazy to not put Russell in a Mercedes car next season. I think Russell is possibly one of the best natural talents to ever enter F1. The only reason I can see that they might not want him in a Mercedes is because it could disrupt team harmony - In qualifying especially, I watch all Russells and Hamilton's fastest qualifying laps onboard and I think Russell may be a better qualifier. The lines he takes are just perfect. It's really hard to pick holes in most of his fastest laps.

Bottas, on the other hand, spun in the pitlane.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    I think Mercedes would be crazy to not put Russell in a Mercedes car next season.
    I'm almost 99% sure that Russell is going to Mercedes. To much chatter for it not to happen. Russell seems very, very relaxed - like he knows his 2022 future has been decided. They had to get Hamilton deal announced first.

There are rumors of Bottas possibly to Alpha Romeo to replace Kimi...

Reports of Danill Kyyat and Nico Hulkenberg being looked at by Williams for 2022.

So if this is true that means Russell is the decision has been made that Russell is going to Mercedes and Bottas rumors of him going to Alpha Romeo could be true.

11. Likes: RS (11th July 2021)