Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    I've heard today through the grapevine that Bottas has been told he will be replaced by Russell next year. He was told to give him time to get a seat for next year. Russell has also been informed but no announcement for a while yet. It makes very little sense for Mercedes to keep Bottas, the rule changes offering the perfect opportunity to change drivers.

We'll see.

Liked 185 Times in 149 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    I've heard today through the grapevine that Bottas has been told he will be replaced by Russell next year. He was told to give him time to get a seat for next year. Russell has also been informed but no announcement for a while yet. It makes very little sense for Mercedes to keep Bottas, the rule changes offering the perfect opportunity to change drivers.

We'll see.
    Marko has weighted in on Red Bull interest in Russell

If Mercedes opted not to promote Russell and he became a free agent, Red Bull would take an interest in swooping in to sign the British driver, according to team advisor Marko.

"Russell is certainly worth considering with the performances he is now showing at Williams,"
    Marko said he expects Mercedes to promote Russell to Mercedes team.

Silly season has been slow....but Leclerc responded to rumors

Charles Leclerc has rubbished "gossip" suggesting his management has been in touch with Red Bull.

The reports said the 23-year-old, who is widely regarded as Ferrari's number 1 driver, is disappointed with the Maranello marque's progress and exploring his options for the future.

"It's just rumours - gossip," Leclerc is quoted by Italy 24 News.

Wolff talking in the past tense about Valtteri....

"If there is a situation where we want to give someone else a chance, it's not just about my relationship with him. It's my responsibility to make sure he has a great future because he deserves it." Remarkably, Wolff is even talking about Bottas in the past tense. "He has been the teammate of the best F1 driver in history and then it is not always easy to shine. But he has been fantastic."
    I'm also hoping that the lack of news at Haas means Schumacher is maybe going to another team next year.

Toto Wolff says he will do what he can to enable Valtteri Bottas to have a "great future" in Formula 1.
    https://www.news24.com/wheels/formul...laced-20210719

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
    That's it he's off

Actually getting sick of the sight of this pathetic loser. Williams was his level.

Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts

We'll see.
    Since he is clearly now playing number two duties live providing slipstream and being instructed to not race Hamilton clearly indicates that he has one foot out of the door at Mercedes. He simply has been nowhere this season. Almost as though he has not recovered from Russell beating him at Bahrain. This is like Van Doorne on Button at Mclaren. His confidence is no longer there. As a result, his speed has evaporated.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts
    Ralf Schumacher has claimed now that Max was offered a ride at Merc, and that is what caused the delay with the Hamilton contract extension.

I would laugh even harder if crazier things haven't happened in Formula 1.

Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by airshifter View Post
    Ralf Schumacher has claimed now that Max was offered a ride at Merc, and that is what caused the delay with the Hamilton contract extension.

Anything is possible in F1. Jos Verstappen was saying stuff that suggests there were talks with Mercedes. I think Marko's overtures towards Russell is probably a reaction to that. But l doubt it.

It would be a mistake if they make a move for Verstappen at the expense of losing Russell. As Russell would come back and bite them hard later on.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 23rd July 2021 at 05:18.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by airshifter View Post

I find this hard to believe. I also doubt Ralf Schumacher would know if Verstappen was offered a contract or not. Anyway, Considering how good Russell is I don't think Mercedes have any fear of missing out on Verstappen.

Liked 178 Times in 77 Posts
    I find this hard to believe. I also doubt Ralf Schumacher would know if Verstappen was offered a contract or not. Anyway, Considering how good Russell is I don't think Mercedes have any fear of missing out on Verstappen.
    Signing Lewis for 2 years was the final piece to get Russell in and let him get up to speed quietly whilst the maestro's carreer winds down. Russell is the future at Mercedes
    (note : He will have to train hard to get to better starts. His trend of losing 3-4 positions at every (re)start is worrysome. Aside from that, no flaws...).