Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F1nKS View Post
    Obviously Alpha Romeo is better this year, but what will it be like next year?

I think Williams is likely the team that will surprise next year, but Haas could also because they have put all their eggs in the 2022 season [basket]. Or it will go very wrong.
    The Ferrari group owns Alfa Romeo as well. So you can be sure they would have a good 2022 car with the knowledge shared from the parent team. Haas has to buy in the knowledge or go it alone. Chances are they have gone their own way and may turn up with a brilliant chassis. But if one has to bet, one would bet that Alfa would have a better chassis in 2022 than the Haas.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

2. Likes: pantealex (29th July 2021)
    Liked 185 Times in 149 Posts
    Rumors still going strong that Bottas is negotiating with Alpha and the Russell has signed a contract (awhile back actually) with Mercedes.

Liked 669 Times in 467 Posts
    Jacques Villeneuve is still hammering on that Bottas could go to Aston Martin, and Stroll would end up next to Lewis. The idea being that Lewis would be more comfortable with a lesser driver on the team, and the ties between Lawrence Stroll and Wolff are strong. He doesn't really go into where this would leave Russell, who no doubt would still be looking to change seats.

https://beyondtheflag.com/2021/08/06...ging-mercedes/

Quote Originally Posted by airshifter View Post
    Jacques Villeneuve is still hammering on that Bottas could go to Aston Martin, and Stroll would end up next to Lewis. The idea being that Lewis would be more comfortable with a lesser driver on the team, and the ties between Lawrence Stroll and Wolff are strong. He doesn't really go into where this would leave Russell, who no doubt would still be looking to change seats.

https://beyondtheflag.com/2021/08/06...ging-mercedes/
    That would make this really the "silly season". Can you imagine the twitter/f1 podcast meltdown that would happen if this actually happen.

6. Likes: pantealex (8th August 2021)
    Liked 669 Times in 467 Posts
    Marko won't mention any names, but states that RB has "several" potential candidates. He has also now said that the announcement for both teams will take place by Spa or possibly Zandvoort at the latest. It will be interesting to see which way they go, as they seem to like the idea of the younger up and coming drivers.

Personally I think they are their own worst enemy with the driver swapping. If they left anyone in the car from Danny Ric to now, they probably would have came to grips with the car and been a solid #2, at least on par with Bottas in results.

Quote Originally Posted by airshifter View Post
    Marko won't mention any names, but states that RB has "several" potential candidates. He has also now said that the announcement for both teams will take place by Spa or possibly Zandvoort at the latest. It will be interesting to see which way they go, as they seem to like the idea of the younger up and coming drivers.

Personally I think they are their own worst enemy with the driver swapping. If they left anyone in the car from Danny Ric to now, they probably would have came to grips with the car and been a solid #2, at least on par with Bottas in results.
    seems like they are leaning "status quo"

"In principle, we want to maintain the existing pairings. But that takes time because we always consider all of the relevant factors," Marko added.
    I'm not sure who they could really contemplate replacing Perez with? I would still take Perez over Gasly.

Perez looks to be back (not officially just yet)

Red Bull boss Christian Horner has dropped a hint over his team's 2022 driver line-up and suggested that Sergio Perez will be staying put, with him happy with the Mexican's performances this season.
    https://www.givemesport.com/1740577-...-ahead-of-2022

This makes sense as really there is limited choices:

1. Gasly
    2. Hulkenberg
    3. Bottas
    4. Albon

Perez at this point is a better option than any of these guys.

Toto Wolff had said they wanted to make the decision during summer break now he is saying it maybe delayed till September.

“I want the topic settled in September so both of them can position themselves properly for the coming season," he added.

Earlier this week Wolff said that whoever missed out on the race seat at Brackley would still have plenty of top options elsewhere.
    https://f1i.com/news/415271-wolff-hi...-decision.html

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    I'm 6 ft. 3 , so I am not in the running .

Sorry .

Liked 76 Times in 56 Posts
    They won't make an announcement until the championship is pretty much decided one way or the other, as they need Bottas to perform to the best of his abilities. After that they'll cut him loose, and welcome George.