Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Valve Bounce
    Hey Buddy,

I don't mind them giving points down to eighth place, and Tako's performance last sunday is my reason really. Cars which are in shoestring teams which perform heroicly getting up to eighth plce is some sorta miracle because they have to beat some pretty strong factory teams to do so.

However, I would like the gap between 1st and 2nd places be widened to 4 points so that a winner will get 12 points, while second place gets only 8. This will give greater emphasis to the driver who drives to win.

Hoo
    I'd settle for your proposal, Valve. Something more for winners is more important in this issue than how far down the field you allow points.

My beef with points for 7th and 8th may just be a sign that I am getting old(er) and (more) crotchety. For about the first 40 years I followed F1, they only gave out points through 6th, and that was enough to let some real longshots earn World Championship points, inlcuding Parnelli, Zakspeed, Dallara, Lola, and Minardi.

But I sympathize with the plight of shoestring teams. There should be meaningful financial incentives for positions all the way through 10th. Give them the money and perks they need to compete better, even if they don't get points.

ClarkFan
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." - Samuel Clemens

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    pino won the F1 pickems championship without winning a race!
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums