Liked 533 Times in 291 Posts

Roger Albert Clark Rally 2021 25-29 November

Having moved to a bi-annual format this great event luckily missed an inevitable cancellation last year so hopefully the woods will be open and we wont be in a winter lockdown this time around.

Its going to be a gruelling event with the crews being plunged straight into Keilder on Thursday evening with a full day there on Friday before moving up to Scotland and then the transport section down to Wales for Sunday and Monday before finishing in Carmarthen at Monday teatime

Route schedule:

http://files.freethought.website/fre...uteinwords.pdf

Cracking provisional entry:

http://files.freethought.website/fre...ntrieslist.pdf

Car 145 is rumoured to be an ex WRC Champion which I suspect with their connections will be Petter.

Fingers crossed the rally happens as this will be a massive celebration

2. Likes: HKSjbg (4th May 2021),Simmi (4th May 2021)
    Liked 82 Times in 41 Posts
    I’ll be booking Monday 29th off work then!

4. Likes: Simmi (4th May 2021)
    Liked 2,205 Times in 879 Posts
    Can't wait for this. Already done a bit of advance planning now the route is out. Had accommodation booked for a while above Carlisle in Catlowdy. Just working out whether to do the Welsh leg or not. Probably will as it might be a nice way to get a WRGB stages fix - just not sure how much daylight running you'd get on that Saturday and whether it's possible to jump from Dyfnant to Dyfi?

Hoping the weather is a bit more 2017 than 2019. I swear it was dark by about 3pm last time out, it was so gloomy up north.

Petter would be incredible for the event. All it's really missed in recent times are a couple of star names like the early editions.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

6. Likes: the sniper (4th May 2021)
    Liked 745 Times in 420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post

Hoping the weather is a bit more 2017 than 2019. I swear it was dark by about 3pm last time out, it was so gloomy up north.

Petter would be incredible for the event. All it's really missed in recent times are a couple of star names like the early editions.
    Compared to other Historic events in Europe, it has never really brought in the big names - I wonder if it is because it is a proper test, and not a 'fun' show like those events.

Hopefully, everything goes to plan - and we can all get along and watch.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 1,188 Times in 507 Posts
    It looks like it'll be a great event, already booked my hotel for the Northern portion. Don't want to get my hopes up too much though as the late slot in the year leaves it vulnerable to another wave of Covid, though surely we'll have to move beyond lockdowns going forward...

Fingers crossed Petter makes it over, but great entry regardless! Great to see the likes of Cave and Pryce on there.