Hybrid View

Liked 156 Times in 62 Posts

Question Old official event highlights?

So WRC+ only offers event and season highlights from 2014 onwards, but the official rally broadcast has been going on for much longer than that. In 2003, I used to watch WRC on Dutch Eurosport. I wonder, are these day/event highlights still available somewhere? All I can find is unofficial season reviews, but those are not the ones I watched back in the day, and often rush through every rally in like 2 minutes.

I'm specifically looking for the "day" broadcasts of 2003 and 2004 and 2005.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Some of them are available on YouTube. When the WRC Promoter changed in 2014, they weren't able to keep the old highlights available anymore. Especially 2009-2013 seems to be quite badly covered on YouTube.

Liked 1,090 Times in 488 Posts
    But there's plenty of ca 25 minute highlights for the 2003-2005 period on the WRC channel. The videos were uploaded about 11 years ago. So sort the videos from oldest and keep scrolling. The videos have similar naming logic, e.g. "Rally Greece 2002: Day 1 WRC Highlights / Review / Results" and "Rally Finland 2003: Day 2 WRC Highlights / Review / Results"
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

Liked 168 Times in 98 Posts
    Also Neil Cole posted some of the "Shakedown" videos that were broadcast on AXN back in the day.

Liked 352 Times in 208 Posts
    I have a bit of the old reviews including two maybe three seasons of AXN's Shakedown
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

Liked 21 Times in 13 Posts
    Rally coverage was really amazing back then, with Nicky Grist's commentating on short sections of stages and really expert commentating. I remember from Catalunya 2004 Lisa O'Sullivan (was it her already back then?) commenting Martin's and Duval's huge mistakes on the same stage - she pointed out what Park and Prevot respectively will say about not cutting incoming corners, and then the drivers bluntly cutting them. Cost Martin a puncture and Duval some very serious suspension damage, they clearly didn't listen at all I feel like you don't get these specifics nowadays on the event highlights - although with WRC+ I don't watch them as much, because come Sunday I've already seen everything

Those years are on YT, I'll go check them out tonight

7. Likes: cali (4th May 2021),Eli (21st June 2022),steve.mandzij (4th May 2021)