Threaded View

Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    what this has to do with me following Tänak and how he went through the corner? lol

i was talking about the bigger picture why other people like and follow this sport
    You wrote you don't know anybody who is interested in rally due to stagetimes (among other things). So either you don't know yourself or you are over-simplifying things. I'd say the latter is correct, so I responded on same level.
    I was also talking about the bigger picture and mentioned what differentiates rally from other (motor)sports. This you skipped (twice now) for one-line wisdoms.

To go back from trolling:
    - I do claim that rallies taking part on normal roads behind people's houses is how most people get to know rally in the first place.

- Go-kart competition or the mentioned hillclimbs can also take place on normal roads, but since the "cars" are relatively alien it's much harder to relate to for fans (and manus) and is less popular. My claim following this is that if cars that people drive daily run on petrol, electric feels and looks alien, but similarly when people drive electric cars, petrol cars will start to look alien (especially to new fans)

- Without stagetimes there would be no "on the limit" driving, could still be spectacular though. When you (as a more interested fan) are not at a rally and there is no live vid you still follow stagetimes.
    Last edited by mknight; 17th June 2021 at 08:21.

2. Likes: Tanelv (18th June 2021)