Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: F1 masks

Liked 785 Times in 582 Posts

F1 masks

With F1 teams capable of achieving incredible feats of engineering , why on earth can they not perfect the masks they supply their crews ?

The TV guys and gals wear the N95 standard issue , and rarely have to touch it , but the majority wear their own designs that are constantly needing adjustment .
    The one specific guy I remember needing to push it up his nose about every six or seven words spoken was Red Charles .

To me , it reflects poorly on the whole circus that these poorly functioning masks are showcased to the world .

Even the rudder nose of the honey badger can't keep the mask in place , for crying out loud .
    That's funny , but it's not funny because it isn't safe .

It is amateur hour during the interviews .

2. Likes: Jag_Warrior (10th April 2021),Mia 01 (10th April 2021)
    Liked 41 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    With F1 teams capable of achieving incredible feats of engineering , why on earth can they not perfect the masks they supply their crews ?

I agree that F1 engineers could be tasked with designing a better mask or even design a mask alternative that provides the same functionality or better.

Some out of the box thinking could change our world. Testing a mask versus a mouthwash for example. F1 is about finding solutions to problems and then selling it to the masses.

A better mask would be good, A mouthwash that replicates a "mask" for 6 hours could be revolutionary.

4. Likes: truefan72 (8th April 2021)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whyzars View Post
    I agree that F1 engineers could be tasked with designing a better mask or even design a mask alternative that provides the same functionality or better.

Some out of the box thinking could change our world. Testing a mask versus a mouthwash for example. F1 is about finding solutions to problems and then selling it to the masses.

A better mask would be good, A mouthwash that replicates a "mask" for 6 hours could be revolutionary.
    It would be rather "magical" , though , wouldn't it ?
    I guess it would stop some transmission , and kill a virus in the mouth , but as COVID is aerosol often when being transmitted , the lungs are what need to be protected .
    You'd need to snort some mouthwash as well , but that wouldn't necessarily protect the lungs either .

The mask seems the only way .
    But , it certainly isn't perfect .
    And , it clearly shouldn't be "one size fits all" .

Get it together F1 .

Liked 311 Times in 168 Posts
    Just wear a 'G' string.

Put the waist bit just under your chin and tie tight round the back of the neck and use the ass-crack string to make sure your nose stays covered.

7. Likes: Bagwan (9th April 2021)
    Liked 185 Times in 149 Posts
    The other annoying thing is some wear mask with valves, which defeat the purpose of the masks.

9. Likes: Bagwan (9th April 2021)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Boyd View Post
    Just wear a 'G' string.

Put the waist bit just under your chin and tie tight round the back of the neck and use the ass-crack string to make sure your nose stays covered.
    The "ass crack" bit sounds like it would look too "Hannibal Lecter" to me .
    It might not catch on .
    But , that's the "thinking outside the box" kind of thinking that we need here , Steve .

In my experience , G-strings almost always stay firmly in place when you talk .
    Last edited by Bagwan; 9th April 2021 at 15:27.

Quote Originally Posted by F1nKS View Post
    The other annoying thing is some wear mask with valves, which defeat the purpose of the masks.
    Happily , I haven't seen any valves in F1 masks , so at least they got that right .

Liked 185 Times in 149 Posts
    Happily , I haven't seen any valves in F1 masks , so at least they got that right .
    Watch Hamilton, he will have a mask with valve at time.

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts

The TV guys and gals wear the N95 standard issue , and rarely have to touch it , but the majority wear their own designs that are constantly needing adjustment .
    The one specific guy I remember needing to push it up his nose about every six or seven words spoken was Red Charles .

To me , it reflects poorly on the whole circus that these poorly functioning masks are showcased to the world .

Even the rudder nose of the honey badger can't keep the mask in place , for crying out loud .
    That's funny , but it's not funny because it isn't safe .

It is amateur hour during the interviews .
    I have a better idea. Stop wearing masks.

Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    You are 1 year late with your mask worries
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"