Page 64 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast
    Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    The rally itself was quite bad for me.

The biggest problem beeing how similar basically all stages were on first two days. Every second corner and junction looked the same. Combined with 1s differences per stage and no big position changes it wasn't very exciting. ( Would likely have been very different if it rained).

The last day was nice and saved it a bit, but too few kms. If it should run again the route should be diversified as much as possible. For example 2 night stages, one very long stage (like 35km), trying to combined roads of same character or even moving one more day to some other part of Belgium with different roads.

Germany with the 3 different stage types and amazing views is completely different level.

2. Likes: EstWRC (15th August 2021),Tanelv (15th August 2021)
    Liked 827 Times in 374 Posts
    Ogier has been weighed 3 times already 1 kg under limit..

Verstuurd vanaf mijn M2007J3SG met Tapatalk

4. Likes: cali (15th August 2021),dimviii (15th August 2021),jmwachuya (15th August 2021),MarkT (15th August 2021),Portimao (15th August 2021)
    Liked 490 Times in 244 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Germany with the 3 different stage types and amazing views is completely different level.
    That´s true! The Mosel region is special...

Liked 1,483 Times in 845 Posts
    I actually enjoyed the rally a lot, and the views also. Sure it wasn't as action packed as it is usually in rallies like Deutschland or other tarmac events but you do have to bare in mind, only the top 2 had previous experience in this rally so catching them would always be a tough task. If anything the last day was a let down, didn't enjoy seeing the stages and the cars going into the Spa circuit just looked ridiculous, a part from taking more money from the fans, I see no reason why the crews need to be dragged for 318 km's for just 40km's of competitive action. Not very eco-friendly but hey at least we get hybrid cars next year so we can say we're a green, Eco caring championship. It felt, and looked like a joke, if they can make it 3 days out of 3 in Ypres, with (proper) night stages, would be nice to see this rally again in this championship.
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

7. Likes: cali (15th August 2021),MarkT (15th August 2021)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Neuville doing donuts after the finish line, what do the rules say about turning back between the finish line and time control? At least you're not allowed to stop during that.

( )

Liked 11,156 Times in 4,430 Posts
    The biggest problem beeing how similar basically all stages were on first two days. Every second corner and junction looked the same.
    That's actually the main specific of the event and what makes it difficult. It all looks the same and you need to trust the notes totally becasuse there is often nothing along the road to memorize. Also usually you can guess where the road is leading from the character of the countryside, houses etc. Here you get random corners and junctions with no logic whatsoever, sometimes among high corn where you drive like in a labyrinth of sort. I changed my view on the event completely when I first went there and drove some stages myself.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

10. Likes: AnttiL (15th August 2021),cali (15th August 2021),Eli (15th August 2021),steve.mandzij (16th August 2021)
    What I liked about the circuit part is exactly what Porter said. That they didn't place any chicanes/artificial stuff on the circuit itself. Specially the long turns of the first stage were nice to watch. Combined with the nice and tricky sections on normal roads it was cool. But off course wouldn't be nice to have whole stage on the circuit.

Basically the stages showing the whole point of rallying. The can drive like crazy on normal roads..and it can do that on the circuit as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    That's actually the main specific of the event and what makes it difficult. It all looks the same and you need to trust the notes totally becasuse there is often nothing along the road to memorize. Also usually you can guess where the road is leading from the character of the countryside, houses etc. Here you get random corners and junctions with no logic whatsoever, sometimes among high corn where you drive like in a labyrinth of sort. I changed my view on the event completely when I first went there and drove some stages myself.
    It can be difficult and challenging and at the same time boring to watch...

Onboards were ok, but outside cameras were massively boring to me. Specially watching some dusty corners where WRCs went at 50 kph.. The spectacle was missing.

Liked 11,156 Times in 4,430 Posts
    It can be difficult and challenging and at the same time boring to watch...

Onboards were ok, but outside cameras were massively boring to me. Specially watching some dusty corners where WRCs went at 50 kph.. The spectacle was missing.
    That's probably also about where they place the cameras. They should have asked Tommeke or some other our Belgian members to tell them where to place cameras. In the past I enjoyed being there a lot. It is a crazy spectacular event if you do your homework and select places properly.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 182 Times in 95 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mousti View Post
    Ogier has been weighed 3 times already 1 kg under limit..

Verstuurd vanaf mijn M2007J3SG met Tapatalk
    Maybe he just took a big dump...