Page 6 of 76 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 754
  1. #51
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    3,534
    Like
    1,807
    Liked 3,268 Times in 971 Posts
    I think Munster, Fernémont, Princen and probably De Mevius could be in the fight for Rally2-podium. My guess is at least 3 of the 5 WRC2-drivers will end up in a ditch. All are discovering Ypres. What's difficult in Ypres is what you can't see.

  2. Likes: Fast Eddie WRC (3rd August 2021),Hartusvuori (2nd August 2021)
  3. #52
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,689
    Like
    458
    Liked 1,297 Times in 509 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pantealex View Post
    I still don´t see locals faster than WRC2 crews.

    For WRC3 all Belgium Top3 is possible.
    Maybe not faster, but it's the end of the rally that counts

  4. Likes: pantealex (31st July 2021)
  5. #53
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,348
    Like
    0
    Liked 781 Times in 431 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pantealex View Post
    I still don´t see locals faster than WRC2 crews.

    For WRC3 all Belgium Top3 is possible.
    I've seen many ypres rally's by now. I've seen many big names pass by, and only very few have been able to follow the locals.

    Only wrc level drivers like breen, meeke or neuville have been able to beat the locals the last couple of years. And off those, i think only meeke could do it on his first try.

    But perhaps the lack of rhitm could be a big problem, since we have had next to no rally's here this year.

    We'll see in a few weeks.

  6. Likes: er88 (1st August 2021),Fast Eddie WRC (3rd August 2021),HaCo (1st August 2021),Hartusvuori (2nd August 2021),pantealex (1st August 2021)
  7. #54
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,840
    Like
    2
    Liked 627 Times in 346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    I've seen many ypres rally's by now. I've seen many big names pass by, and only very few have been able to follow the locals.

    Only wrc level drivers like breen, meeke or neuville have been able to beat the locals the last couple of years. And off those, i think only meeke could do it on his first try.

    We'll see in a few weeks.
    It not couple of years since victory of Luca Rossetti (2007-IRC), but still his achivement was astonishing for beenig 1st time on this event......

  8. #55
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,689
    Like
    458
    Liked 1,297 Times in 509 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ucci View Post
    It not couple of years since victory of Luca Rossetti (2007-IRC), but still his achivement was astonishing for beenig 1st time on this event......
    Not that I want to minimise his performance, but he only did 1 scratch, 2x 2nd, 1x 3th time on whole of the event. He was clever enough not to make any mistakes nor have a puncture. That is an achievement and what gave him the victory. Not outright pace.

  9. #56
    Senior Member er88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    2,659
    Like
    2,182
    Liked 1,690 Times in 817 Posts
    That Meeke vs Loix fight was great to follow.

  10. #57
    Senior Member PLuto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Zlin
    Posts
    7,658
    Like
    321
    Liked 2,905 Times in 1,335 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dupanton View Post
    Not that I want to minimise his performance, but he only did 1 scratch, 2x 2nd, 1x 3th time on whole of the event. He was clever enough not to make any mistakes nor have a puncture. That is an achievement and what gave him the victory. Not outright pace.
    In Ypres it is crucial to stay on the road and not to make any mistakes

  11. Likes: Eli (2nd August 2021),EstWRC (2nd August 2021),Jarek Z (2nd August 2021),Jeppe (2nd August 2021),Mirek (2nd August 2021),pantealex (3rd August 2021),TWRC (2nd August 2021)
  12. #58
    Senior Member Jarek Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Wroclaw
    Posts
    7,549
    Like
    3,489
    Liked 2,674 Times in 1,383 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PLuto View Post
    In Ypres it is crucial to stay on the road and not to make any mistakes
    ... or you will end up like this
    https://www.motorsportforums.com/sho...=1#post1253498
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

  13. #59
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,689
    Like
    458
    Liked 1,297 Times in 509 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PLuto View Post
    In Ypres it is crucial to stay on the road and not to make any mistakes
    That is crucial on every rally. Only in Ypres (or Belgium in general) stages are narrow and there are very little places where you can get away with a small mistake.

    Will be interesting to see how the best drivers in the world will handle the stages, but for sure a lot of really good drivers have failed to get a (good) result on their first attempt in the past.

  14. Likes: pantealex (3rd August 2021)
  15. #60
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    7
    Like
    1
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hello, I've been reading this forum for a few years now but never registered, however I'm planning a trip to Ypres (and combine it with a multi day bike tour) and have a few questions here. I want to buy tickets for individual stages on Friday and Saturday as I can't go to Spa and do full stage hopping with the bicycle. Could you guys give me any advice which stages are the best to watch? Also any news if there are going to be spectator zones like in Estonia (I guess spectator zones wouldn't allow one to bring his bicycle along)?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •