Page 8 of 80 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
    Liked 480 Times in 207 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the sniper View Post
    but surely SSS1 can't be over 8km to take the event over the 300km mark?
    I understand that SSS will be in a stadium and they are waiting to see how the pandemic situation will be in order to decide for spectators presence. They said that, covid allowed, SSS will be a surprise.

Also SS Pissia was not finally included due to recent big fire in the region.

2. Likes: AnttiL (2nd June 2021),the sniper (2nd June 2021)
    Liked 430 Times in 227 Posts
    Olympic Stadium isn't available. There is a match for the National Football team scheduled there on Wednesday the 8th. It will be a city stage.

4. Likes: AnttiL (2nd June 2021),the sniper (2nd June 2021)
    Liked 480 Times in 207 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by macebig View Post
    Olympic Stadium isn't available. There is a match for the National Football team scheduled there on Wednesday the 8th. It will be a city stage.
    WOW, nice to hear.

6. Likes: AnttiL (2nd June 2021)
    Liked 195 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Yes, Gravia is included in its best form, the one I mentioned. It is the first time they put it in WRC.
    And also is included the Downhill Greek Pikes Peak, the last 8 km of SS Pirgos. The whole stage is 33 km, mostly narrow and slow, but the last 8 km are really fantastic. Wide, smooth downhill road, steep in some points, with lots of fast sections and a few 2nd gear hairpins. It is a downhill Finnish road.
    Last edited by scn; 2nd June 2021 at 16:59.

8. Likes: AnttiL (2nd June 2021),cali (2nd June 2021),the sniper (2nd June 2021)
    Liked 64 Times in 26 Posts
    scn, just for the info.
    Could you please clarify in which mountain the SS Pyrgos is considered to be placed?
    Oiti or Vardousia or at both of them?

Liked 979 Times in 340 Posts
    Booked accommodation! Let’s hope we can visit

11. Likes: dimviii (2nd June 2021)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yugo_para_siempre View Post
    scn, just for the info.
    Could you please clarify in which mountain the SS Pyrgos is considered to be placed?
    Oiti or Vardousia or at both of them?
    It starts from Oiti and finishes in Vardousia.

As far as special stages are concerned, they are all difficult and interesting. From a spectator's point of view, there are certain places that are really good and many places that have nothing special to offer regarding the spectacle. (Scenery is beautiful in almost all of the route).
    The minus points are that liaison sections are very long and that two days recce is madness. I don't know how much higher is the potential of the WRC crews, but to my experience it is impossible and dangerous to try to write and check in only two days the 220 km of these twisty stages with these long liaison sections. If they keep the two days regulation I expect accidents solely because of wrong pace notes.

edit. The distance to be written is about 45% more than rally Sardinia or rally Portugal. However, to this it must be added that no other rally in whole WRC has so twisty section as, for example, are the last 15 km of the SS Pavliani. The amount of notes for these 15 km is actually as much as would be needed for a typical stage of about 20-22 km.
    Last edited by scn; 2nd June 2021 at 20:27.

14. Likes: KiwiWRCfan (3rd June 2021),Tom K (2nd June 2021)
    Liked 309 Times in 149 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bomber21 View Post

Also SS Pissia was not finally included due to recent big fire in the region.
    According to this we are lucky to have Aghii and Loutraki. Pissia start/finish was always ~ 1 km from 2021's Loutraki finish.

Liked 131 Times in 60 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scn View Post
    The minus points are that liaison sections are very long and that two days recce is madness. I don't know how much higher is the potential of the WRC crews, but to my experience it is impossible and dangerous to try to write and check in only two days the 220 km of these twisty stages with these long liaison sections. If they keep the two days regulation...
    I am pretty sure in RG1 says recce is 3 days... Monday to Wednesday...