Page 3 of 80 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Liked 23 Times in 13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    When there is 80% of population imune to the illness (any), the epidemy disappears because the illness can't spread itself in largely imune environment.
    That's when we are talking about real diseases. Unfortunately made-up ones like the current one don't work on the same principle. :/

Good news about the event though. I'm really excited.

2. Likes: WRC1 (28th March 2021)
    Liked 1,367 Times in 710 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bisak View Post
    That's when we are talking about real diseases. Unfortunately made-up ones like the current one don't work on the same principle. :/

Who made it up?

4. Likes: AnttiL (26th March 2021),cali (26th March 2021),Mirek (26th March 2021),satnav (27th March 2021),scn (27th March 2021),Tauri_J (27th March 2021)
    Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bisak View Post

Just a few minutes ago I got news about another covid related death in my wider family. It's fifth person I personally knew who died from covid in one last month.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

6. Likes: AnttiL (26th March 2021),Morte66 (1st April 2021),satnav (27th March 2021),scn (27th March 2021)
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Fantastic news, never missed an edition since 1995, all fired up!

8. Likes: Tom K (26th March 2021)
    Liked 195 Times in 62 Posts
    Guys, Acropolis is NOT slow. There are a lot of slow technical sections, indeed, and some wholly slow, but difficult, stages like Elatia-Karia or Grammeni. But there are also many crazy 6th gear sections in many stages. Karoutes, Bauxites, Eleftherohori, Kineta, Ziria, Thiva, Divri, Skourta (a hell of a fast stage) have several sections that are really fast and totally crazy, either because they are steep downhill or because of very bad and slippery gravel that makes car control very difficult. The problem is that most of these sections do not have spectator access, very few spectators know them and TV does not prefer them. But if you drive them with a rally car you will see that the term "slow rally" does not apply. It is not Finland, but it is not slow.

P.S. However, my favorite SS is a rather slow one, Gravia. It is 25 km long, all of it is wonderful but especially its 17 km downhill section is AMAZING. It is like driving on slippery gravel the downhill section from Col de Turini to Sospel. The organizers have dared put it only twice, only in ERC. In WRC they always put it the opposite way, because of safety reasons. I hope this year they dare it again.
    Last edited by scn; 27th March 2021 at 01:21.

10. Likes: Tom K (27th March 2021)
    Liked 64 Times in 26 Posts
    If I am not mistaken the uphill version of SS Gravia is the classic SS Drossohori right?

I am sure that at 2001 Acropolis SS Gravia was included, but I am not sure if it included all the downhill section, or it was a little bit altered. Do you remember?

Quote Originally Posted by Yugo_para_siempre View Post
    If I am not mistaken the uphill version of SS Gravia is the classic SS Drossohori right?

I am sure that at 2001 Acropolis SS Gravia was included, but I am not sure if it included all the downhill section, or it was a little bit altered. Do you remember?
    Indeed, Drossohori has this part in the opposite direction, uphill. Gravia of 2001 did not have the downhill section of 2016. It started near Eptalofos and finished in Gravia. The truly amazing stage is the one they put only in 2016 and 2017. Start in Gravia and finish near Eleonas. But it is dangerous.
    Last edited by scn; 27th March 2021 at 01:25.

Liked 64 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scn View Post
    No, Drossohori has this part in the opposite direction, which means uphill.
    That's what I mentioned. That Drossohori has this section as uphill.

Thank you very much for the clarification regarding 2001 Acropolis and SS Gravia.

14. Likes: scn (27th March 2021)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scn View Post
    Guys, Acropolis is NOT slow. There are a lot of slow technical sections, indeed, and some wholly slow, but difficult, stages like Elatia-Karia or Grammeni. But there are also many crazy 6th gear sections in many stages.
    Well it's still relatively slow overall, but it's true that there are also faster sections, and when we compare the overall average speeds to Cyprus and Turkey, it's definitely the least slow of them. The average speed is closer to the likes of Mexico and Sardegna. On the level of stage win average speeds, the Acropolis stages don't seem to have big differences between each other like in Sardegna where some stages can be very fast and some stage very slow.

Rally-maps.com has all Acropolis editions since 1990 (except 1991) https://www.rally-maps.com/Acropolis-Rally-1990
    Last edited by AnttiL; 27th March 2021 at 07:46.

Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Well it's still relatively slow overall, but it's true that there are also faster sections, and when we compare the overall average speeds to Cyprus and Turkey, it's definitely the least slow of them. The average speed is closer to the likes of Mexico and Sardegna. On the level of stage win average speeds, the Acropolis stages don't seem to have big differences between each other like in Sardegna where some stages can be fast and some stages slow.

Rally-maps.com has all Acropolis editions since 1990 (except 1991) https://www.rally-maps.com/Acropolis-Rally-1990
    Acropolis has one characteristic that I haven't seen in Sardegna, Finland (I have come twice in your country as a spectator), Poland, Spain, Portugal, Corsica, Alsace, Monte, Germany: It has a very wide spectrum of characteristics. It includes wholly different kinds of road surfaces, bad, good, medium, hard rock, slippery gravel, sandy, clay. It has long steep uphill, long steep downhill and flat sections. It has fast, medium, slow, narrow, wide parts. It has forest scenery at altitudes of 1500 m, different forests at lower altitudes and sections on plains or hills without any trees. All rallies I mentioned are wonderful. I love all of them and every year I put aside an amount for spectating in one of them. But this wide variety I mentioned, I have seen it only in Acropolis.
    Last edited by scn; 27th March 2021 at 08:21.

17. Likes: AnttiL (27th March 2021),belas (27th March 2021),dimviii (27th March 2021),WRC1 (28th March 2021)