Page 32 of 80 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
    Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    Oliver Solberg
    @OliverSolberg01
    Final preparations done ahead of @AcropolisRally
    before the recce starts tomorrow!The car is working well on the rough, gravelly conditions - and how great does it look too?

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Yugo_para_siempre View Post
    Maybe you will spent the same amount of time.
    But OK, you can be confident that through E75 you will avoid traffic.
    I think if you get the exit towards Atalanti, then you can reach Zeli and walk from stage end.
    I do not think that it will be a restriction.
    Thanks! we will try this option and go to the fast section before tarmac of the end of the stage.

Liked 15 Times in 10 Posts
    We are also going to do SS2,4,6 on Friday. I'm still undecided on where to go for SS2,4. Was thinking maybe going up towards the start of the stage and going west past the "war memorial" and up towards that hairpin area?

I think Saturday we are going to try and do SS7-->SS9-->Service park to watch the service-->SS12. Seem doable?

And big thanks to NOT and everyone else on here for providing such good info!!!! Much appreciated as a first time WRC spectator!

Liked 64 Times in 26 Posts
    I think it is too much for Saturday.
    7-9-Service-12. The driving distance is big.
    At least you should be at a place that you can safely walk out of the stages early, during action.

I would recommend 7 (Pavliani 1) 10-12 (Eleftherohori 1-2), not Service.

Liked 331 Times in 107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yugo_para_siempre View Post
    I think it is too much for Saturday.
    7-9-Service-12. The driving distance is big.
    At least you should be at a place that you can safely walk out of the stages early, during action.

I would recommend 7 (Pavliani 1) 10-12 (Eleftherohori 1-2), not Service.
    I am sceptical about the pavliani access... i am almost certain that some low suspension car is going to get stuck and could end in disaster for a lot of people.

In general the organisers did a terrible job with the access roads this year... they are very few and the crowds should be massive after 8 years without a WRC... traffic on access roads can be a real problem.

I will go the conservative way.. 2 stages and 1 service on friday and 2 stages on saturday... i will access pavliani from the start 3-4 hours before the stage starts.. if they open the stage after the first pass i will go to eleftherochori.. if not i will stay in pavliani and watch from a different spot.

Liked 15 Times in 10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NOT View Post
    I am sceptical about the pavliani access... i am almost certain that some low suspension car is going to get stuck and could end in disaster for a lot of people.

In general the organisers did a terrible job with the access roads this year... they are very few and the crowds should be massive after 8 years without a WRC... traffic on access roads can be a real problem.

I will go the conservative way.. 2 stages and 1 service on friday and 2 stages on saturday... i will access pavliani from the start 3-4 hours before the stage starts.. if they open the stage after the first pass i will go to eleftherochori.. if not i will stay in pavliani and watch from a different spot.
    I was actually thinking about this. Looks like it might make more sense to just go to the start of SS7 and maybe hike back a bit versus trying to go all the way up that road towards "pyre of hercules".

Liked 331 Times in 107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by subarurally View Post
    I was actually thinking about this. Looks like it might make more sense to just go to the start of SS7 and maybe hike back a bit versus trying to go all the way up that road towards "pyre of hercules".
    well the early parts of ss7 are not that interesting plus they are in the forest so visibility is limited... pyre of hercules is totally worth it and there are many places you can spectate plus usually its packed so you can have a taste of the acropolis atmosphere.. but its up to you.

you can enter the stage from the start with your car around 3-4 hours before it starts and drive up to the pyre... there are plenty of parking spots there since its a valley.

8. Likes: tommeke_B (6th September 2021),WRC1 (6th September 2021)
    Liked 244 Times in 100 Posts
    Welcome to the Rally Acropolis 2021 spectating guide

Loutraki

2 interesting sports very close to the start
    at 0.3km the cars go where the car if facing

https://imgur.com/a/F5AsZu4

at 0.6kms there is a very wide fast left hander with a bump on the inside that they will go over

https://imgur.com/a/CC1pRnu

[url]

just one question about Loutraki, is there any water left in the river crossings on this stage (close to the end)?

and thx for your work! hope to meet you in some Hairpin
    Juha Kankkunen: "The speed was o.K., but the corner was to tight"
    Marcus Grönholm: "... tell corrado .... three gears are enough..! "

Liked 978 Times in 340 Posts
    A bit of rain these days I see, but not enough to really have a big influence on the stages probably?

Liked 64 Times in 26 Posts

I am also sceptical about the Pavliani (Pyra Hercules) access, for the same reasons.

But I do not believe that the early part of the stage 7 is that bad.
    I mean OK is not that good, like in the valley of Pyra Hercules, but between 3 km - 4 km of the stage you can find some quite nice fast spots.
    I believe that if they cannot be that early (4 hours) in the stage in order to drive it, they can walk from the start to 3 km - 4 km and spectate from a decent (not perfect) spot.