Page 76 of 80 FirstFirst ... 26667475767778 ... LastLast
    Liked 3,793 Times in 1,980 Posts
    I would say the weather actually helped the roads a lot in staying smooth.

If it were raining all the time they would get muddy with deep mud or deep ruts (see SD after some runs).
    If it were dry all the time and the week before they would quickly get broken up by the cars, especially for the second passes.

This way you had just enough moisture (acting as "glue") that neither of these happened.
    But sure even if it was dry it wouldn't be recent Turkey-level rough.

As mentioned what I really loved is that some stages were rough (Friday first part) and some were not, that could certainly be kept for the future.

2. Likes: AnttiL (13th September 2021),Fredouye (13th September 2021)
    Liked 1,128 Times in 603 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scn View Post
    They say that in Sardinia they weighed this part with this Serial No and found it OK. And in Greece they found it 240 grams heavier. I can't help but remembering when they weighed my car in one scrutineering and found it 20 kilos more than it actually was. I hope they are not the same stewards and not the same level of machinery...
    Very weird indeed. Seems like the fia might need to calibrate their scales.

Liked 195 Times in 62 Posts
    Dirtfish says:
    "if the 2022 Acropolis is more of a Portugal than a Safari, it might be worth considering reintroducing Turkey to the calendar. We still haven’t forgotten those bruising runs through Çetibeli last year."

I hope the organizers listen to this and stop sending road rollers in the stages. Although I doubt they can bring them back to their actual form, after what they did this year. Acropolis does not have a future being just another Portugal. The Acropolis of 2016-2018 for ERC, held on almost the same roads, were multiple times tougher than this year's. And, if there were no financial problems from the organizers' side, the ERC promoter begged for keeping the rally in its traditional form.

Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    Very weird indeed. Seems like the fia might need to calibrate their scales.
    It was not a FIA scale. It is one of the scales used by Greek stewards. I don't know who provides the scales in WRC scrutineering.
    Last edited by scn; 13th September 2021 at 11:06.

Liked 480 Times in 207 Posts
    Maybe next year consider only Loutraki stages for a change? Klenia, Aghios Ioannis, Kineta, Aghii Theodoroi, Pissia, Gymno etc? And go back to Lamia for 2023?

Dear organizers, please also consider am Anavyssos SSS. That would be amazing!

6. Likes: Fredouye (13th September 2021),WRC1 (13th September 2021)
    Liked 98 Times in 52 Posts
    I dont understand why all this? the rally was well organized and the stages was awesome. These are not similar to any other rally.
    R.I.P.Colin Mcrae

Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    I think this became the rally with least retirements in the whole season so far. Only one factory car from each team (Evans, Neuville, Fourmaux) had an issue which cost time but was fixed on the road section, and then Loubet's customer car broke, with likely older parts than on factory cars.
    As far as I know, Loubet hit something at the edge of the road. Spectators that saw the car in Elatia said that it was a driver's error.**
    Regarding Neuville, Fourmaux and Evans, Neuville had a steering oil leak from one connection, Evans a gear selector problem and Fourmaux a faulty spark plug. None of these issues can be clearly attributed to battering from rough roads. In Finland you have more frequent issues from the jumps.

**Loubet reached the finish of Elatia stage with a Belgian spectator hanging from his open door and acting as a balancing weight. Actually he should be disqualified.

Liked 12,207 Times in 5,241 Posts
    Andrea Adamo distributes the points and admits defeat: "To say that we will fight until the end? Blah for social networks

https://www-rtbf-be.translate.goog/s...o=ajax,nv,elem
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

10. Likes: Eli (13th September 2021)
    Quote Originally Posted by spyros View Post
    I dont understand why all this? the rally was well organized and the stages was awesome. These are not similar to any other rally.
    It was very well organized, the stages were awesome and not similar to any other rally. But they lost their toughness. If there was not a demand from FIA to have one tough rally in Europe, this would not be a problem. Now that Turkey and Cyprus are serious competitors for meeting this demand, it is a problem. Don't get me wrong, the problem is not the Acropolis. The problem is the competition from Turkey and Cyprus.
    Last edited by scn; 13th September 2021 at 10:49.

12. Likes: cali (13th September 2021),Fredouye (13th September 2021),Rally Hokkaido (13th September 2021)
    Liked 98 Times in 52 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scn View Post
    It was very well organized, the stages were awesome and not similar to any other rally. But they lost their toughness. If there was not a demand from FIA to have one tough rally in Europe, this would not be a problem. Now that Turkey and Cyprus are serious competitors for meeting this demand, it is a problem. Don't get me wrong, the problem is not the Acropolis. The problem is the competition from Turkey and Cyprus.
    its ok i understand.In the past i saw RAC, 1000 lakes, San Remo, and Monte but its the wheather and colors here in Greece that makes the difirence.
    R.I.P.Colin Mcrae

14. Likes: WRC1 (13th September 2021)
    Liked 480 Times in 207 Posts
    If anyone collects rally programmes, I have two spare ones. I can ship to EU and you will pay only the shipping costs.

16. Likes: Fredouye (13th September 2021),pantealex (14th September 2021),Rallyper (13th September 2021),tommeke_B (13th September 2021)