Page 19 of 80 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast
    Liked 195 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Antonis9 View Post
    I saw rally fthiotidos in ss pavliani ! Police was there 30 min before the first car an no one say something to us !!
    I know. The same was in Ipirotiko and as far as I know the same will do tomorrow the rally Korinthos organizer. Some organizers choose to violate these rules and, in my opinion, they do well. But I doubt that Acropolis organizer will be among the ones that violate them.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks to all for prividing info so far.

I am looking at doing this camping style as well. Curious as to if anyone had any recommendations for a place that rents lil 4x4 type rigs, or would a lil hatchback rental be able to conquer the roads after ruts have been thrown into them.

I read that backcountry camping / car camping is illegal, but rarely enforced. I take it that as long as you don't act like a doofus everyone is ok with it?

Liked 480 Times in 207 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cruzepilot View Post
    I read that backcountry camping / car camping is illegal, but rarely enforced. I take it that as long as you don't act like a doofus everyone is ok with it?
    This is true. Most probably you will have no problems. For example, my friends used to sleep in the car or in a small tent in SS Eleftherohori (Kallidromo mountain) each year and they never faced any problems.

Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scn View Post

By the way, there is some information that Tarzan will not be done because there is no view of the cars from the helicopter for a long part of the stage, due to the trees. The resurfacing has stopped and there are talks of changing the Sunday route.
    The leader of the Acropolis Rally, Anita Pasali, speaking to "Zougla.gr" puts an end to the scenarios that state that the special route of the Acropolis Rally "Tarzan" has been canceled.

Rumors that the FIA canceled the special route of "Tarzan" because they had no visibility were spread by irresponsible people. In fact, some reported that the FIA considered it a dangerous route, so it canceled it.

Because such a thing could not have happened because the special route set by the race leader ANITA PASALI had been approved by the FIA, which oversees the World Rally Championship, we considered that there was a misunderstanding and bad information.

We spoke with Anita Pasali, who has the main responsibility of the fight. She laughed when she heard it.
    "Not only was it not cut but it will be done twice. "Just because it is also the Power Stage, which is shorter in length, they got confused there and said that it was cut ..."

The Commander of the Acropolis Rally made the following clarifications.
    The special "Tarzan" of the Acropolis Rally in the morning will start from the road opposite the "House of the Nature Lover". It has a length of 23.37 kilometers.
    At noon at 13.18 the Power Stage will start ten kilometers through the morning special route of "Tarzan" of 23.37 kilometers. That is, the second time the Power Stage that has a length of 12.68 km will start from 13.37 km of the morning route.

Anita Pasali also clarified that the reason why the special route of "Tarzan" as a Power Stage is shorter is because the TV time is specific and all the cars that will have reached the finish line should be covered.

https://www.zougla.gr/automoto/racin...kis-tou-tarzan

5. Likes: AnttiL (2nd August 2021),Fredouye (2nd August 2021)
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bomber21 View Post
    This is true. Most probably you will have no problems. For example, my friends used to sleep in the car or in a small tent in SS Eleftherohori (Kallidromo mountain) each year and they never faced any problems.
    Awesome thanks for the info!

Tanak, Neuville and Sordo will be in the i20 WRC for Acropolis!

8. Likes: pantealex (4th August 2021)
    Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    Oliver Solberg
    @OliverSolberg01

Exciting news today as after the @ypresrally
    , I'll get another opportunity in the new @HMSGOfficial
    i20 N Rally2 at the legendary @AcropolisRally
    !

Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    Oliver Solberg
    @OliverSolberg01

Exciting news today as after the @ypresrally
    , I'll get another opportunity in the new @HMSGOfficial
    i20 N Rally2 at the legendary @AcropolisRally
    !
    Along with Huttunen!

11. Likes: pantealex (4th August 2021)
    Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Solberg is no surprise as he has to drive every single one of the remaining rallies to get full number of WRC2 starts.

Huttunen is a bit more since he can drop one, but given what rallies were left and the fact he has to drive Japan as overseas round after dropping Safari the choice was to drop one of Greece, Finland and Spain. Not surprisingly it looks like the dropped event will be Spain.

Anyway should be good WRC2 competition in Greece. Unlike Ypres and likely also unlike Spain.

13. Likes: pantealex (4th August 2021)
    Liked 308 Times in 148 Posts
    Do I understand correctly? They asked COMPETITORS to avoid rally route? https://twitter.com/AcropolisRally/s...20634490900482