Page 66 of 69 FirstFirst ... 16566465666768 ... LastLast
    Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    WRC Portugal, Andrea Adamo: "Neuville's mistake? It can happen ... he's a guy who always comes back stronger"

"The analysis of the weekend is easy to establish: we have shown that the speed of the car is there, that the constant work done by the team pays off. However, we were not able to reduce certain points to the home. The feedback from the drivers on the performance of the car is positive, I take that point too. I have already spoken to the team, I thanked the guys because I know how hard they work. I am happy to work with such a strong team, "said Andrea Adamo at our microphone at the end of the event.

"There are 12 races in a season. Neuville's mistake, it can happen so. I'm not worried, Neuville is a guy who always comes back stronger. For Tanak, I don't know. I don't want to take defense of someone, but that sort of thing must not happen. We will analyze all this, I am sure that we will have provided the necessary work before Sardinia. In our situation, we must do a very good rally there. I am confident in the fact that we have a team capable of winning everywhere. I am not a guy who gives up, I do not intend to do it this time either ", continued the boss of the Hyundai Motorsport team.

https://www.rtbf.be/sport/moteurs/ra...rt?id=10767887

Liked 1,594 Times in 724 Posts

3. Likes: pantealex (24th May 2021),steve.mandzij (24th May 2021)
    Quote Originally Posted by meh View Post
    very lucky escape!

Colin Clark’s 2021 Rally Portugal driver ratings

There were plenty of standout performances and one big disappointment on the fourth round of 2021

https://dirtfish.com/rally/colin-cla...river-ratings/

Liked 3,791 Times in 1,979 Posts
    I only have an objection to Fourmaux, but actually not so much to the rating itself (7 or 8 is ok), rating and performance is fine given the starting point.
    It's the text itself that I'd object to. His performance in Portugal was definitely not more impressive than Croatia. In Croatia he has shown that he can drive at a speed just behind the top 4 (Rovanpera didn't post times) on tarmac.

In Portugal while doing good he also confirmed that there is still some learning to do before he can do the same on gravel. He did good time on SS3 (with road cleaning advantage) and on Sunday morning with 2 WRC cars pushing, else was always slowest WRC. Again it's good performance with his starting point, but he really should be given more opportunities to improve on gravel. If the funding is for 2 gravel rounds in R5 or one in WRC I'd say he should do R5.

--------------------------

I also like that Dirtfish point out Gryazin as a surprise and I totally agree. After Friday he was 2.2s behind Suninen and Lappi (in same car!) and seemingly didn't have any moments like he is known for, then the engine issues hit. Anyway huge difference compared with his 2020 performances and also seemingly much more safe than the multiple moments and crash in Croatia.

8. Likes: pantealex (25th May 2021)
    Liked 1,121 Times in 600 Posts
    Does anyone actually know what happened to loubet? I have not seen any reason for his DNF so far, nor any images or video's of a crash or the car afterwards.

Liked 3,788 Times in 1,683 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    Does anyone actually know what happened to loubet? I have not seen any reason for his DNF so far, nor any images or video's of a crash or the car afterwards.
    Reason for his retirement was crash.

Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    Niki was already able to leave the hospital today.
    Poldi is due out on Wednesday.
    Both are shaken and have big bruises.
    Many thanks to everyone for all the calls, messages and wishes.
    Niki and Poldi send their greetings to all fans and friends and thank you for the encouragement

12. Likes: jcevc (25th May 2021),Morte66 (24th May 2021)
    Liked 3,791 Times in 1,979 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    The only thing we know is that he went out way below the road and that the car was too damaged to continue. I think Julian Porter said he saw it on Saturday and that it looked heavily damaged.