Page 19 of 72 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast
    Liked 480 Times in 207 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lmmjvss View Post
    I know... I know... but Lets see for 'how long' they will continue in WRC (and how many less cars we are going to have in the top class for 2022 and 2023)
    We do not know how long they will stay. But we do know they would leave WRC right now if hybrids wouldn’t come.

Liked 20 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drive View Post
    That is yes, but what comes in has to go out somewhere - that is the question Where?
    Capturar.JPG
    Capt2urar.JPG

Liked 193 Times in 113 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bomber21 View Post
    We do not know how long they will stay. But we do know they would leave WRC right now if hybrids wouldn’t come.
    I know its not comparable but World Rallycross lost audi, ford, vw and peugeot in 2018. Both 2019 and 2020 seasons without manufactures were WAY better. Rally2 cars would become the fastest cars out there. But it could also go very badly like "Oh, now theres a few toyotas racing alone on the front" (wec)

Liked 11,149 Times in 4,425 Posts
    I know its not comparable but World Rallycross lost audi, ford, vw and peugeot in 2018. Both 2019 and 2020 seasons without manufactures were WAY better. Rally2 cars would become the fastest cars out there. But it could also go very badly like "Oh, now theres a few toyotas racing alone on the front" (wec)
    The whole WRC circus is paid by manufacturers and their rich sponsors. Without them WRC will quickly become another ERC with few overseas evens where nobody goes. ERC in turn will suffer as well because the same pool of privateers can't keep two major series alive in the same time.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

5. Likes: the sniper (26th May 2021)
    Liked 193 Times in 113 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    The whole WRC circus is paid by manufacturers and their rich sponsors. Without them WRC will quickly become another ERC with few overseas evens where nobody goes. ERC in turn will suffer as well because the same pool of privateers can't keep two major series alive in the same time.
    Hmmm I guess this is true. But imagine a Monte Carlo rally where "any rally2 car" could have a shot to win, for example. That'd be interesting. Same for big rallies like Acropolis, Sweden, Finland... maybe Safari too? haha Idk, just chatting here. Inside our head we have the solutions for all the problems but in real life its not like that.. saddly

Liked 1,120 Times in 599 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    Yet, perhaps the greatest championships we have seen in the last 20 years were the IRC years. When we had so many different cars and so many privateers.

Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Hmmm I guess this is true. But imagine a Monte Carlo rally where "any rally2 car" could have a shot to win, for example. That'd be interesting. Same for big rallies like Acropolis, Sweden, Finland... maybe Safari too? haha Idk, just chatting here. Inside our head we have the solutions for all the problems but in real life its not like that.. saddly
    You are describing an IRC series, but then again we had Skoda etc taking part in the series

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Liked 3,791 Times in 1,979 Posts
    I followed WRX when it was Solberg, Loeb, Kristoffer son. Ekstrom, Block..
    When manus and almost all these stopped I stopped. Got a bit too much second rate drivers feeling.

Liked 3,791 Times in 1,979 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    Yet, perhaps the greatest championships we have seen in the last 20 years were the IRC years. When we had so many different cars and so many privateers.
    IRC was good first two years...then Skoda completely dominated it and fun was over. Whether it was due to money or just good work I am not so sure. Prbly both.

11. Likes: cali (26th May 2021)
    Liked 137 Times in 54 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pedro16 View Post
    Also the Hyundai seems to use the space of the old rear diffuser for the air vent. In this location, it can help to remove air from under the car, same principle as with the exhaust gases on top of the diffuser (exhaust blown diffuser)... it will depend on how fast hot air can be removed from the inside of the car, with the help of fans after the rear radiator
    WRCWings - Aerodynamics of WRC

13. Likes: pantealex (26th May 2021)