Page 14 of 72 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
    Liked 2,836 Times in 1,610 Posts
    Well, I don´t change my mind about the car looking heavy and slow. Maybe they just drove in cruising mode, I don´t know...
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 12,206 Times in 5,240 Posts
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 403 Times in 251 Posts
    In that second video you can see just the one door handle. So will they use the ‘scaling’ rule to make a 5-door road car fit onto a 3-door shape? Or is this a mule of the current WRC with body panels and lights from the new car?

Liked 98 Times in 52 Posts
    Its the new i20.
    R.I.P.Colin Mcrae

Liked 193 Times in 113 Posts
    so many drivers out there (evans, rovampera, neuville, tanak, suninen, meeke, sordo, breen, febvre, lappi, paddon, mikkelsen, ostberg, formaux, kajetan, ingram, solberg, kopecky, lukyanuk...) capable of being racing in the top class... but we have so few cars =[
    Any indications that teams will all have at least 3 cars for every round? Will MSport produce some extra cars for "privateers"?

6. Likes: Jarek Z (13th May 2021)
    Liked 3,295 Times in 1,734 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lmmjvss View Post
    so many drivers out there (evans, rovampera, neuville, tanak, suninen, meeke, sordo, breen, febvre, lappi, paddon, mikkelsen, ostberg, formaux, kajetan, ingram, solberg, kopecky, lukyanuk...) capable of being racing in the top class... but we have so few cars
    Yes, that's true. It always makes me sad
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

Random thought...
    If we could put Formula-e's engines and batteries on a "roll cage" with some panels to make it looks like a Skoda or a Fiesta... How many stages would that car be able to run? I mean, Formula-e races have 45min on medium to high performance power. If this "eRally car" could run in some of the WRC stages. Like 4 stages per day - Two in the morning, charge/change batteries, two in the afternoon - Couldnt WRC already try an electric class just for the sake of it? Like MotoGP have its own electric class.
    I mean... it could even be as powerfull as the R5s or the top class, but running less stages. Maybe just the first loop of the day.

Liked 591 Times in 314 Posts
    Random thought...
    If we could put Formula-e's engines and batteries on a "roll cage" with some panels to make it looks like a Skoda or a Fiesta... How many stages would that car be able to run? I mean, Formula-e races have 45min on medium to high performance power. If this "eRally car" could run in some of the WRC stages. Like 4 stages per day - Two in the morning, charge/change batteries, two in the afternoon - Couldnt WRC already try an electric class just for the sake of it? Like MotoGP have its own electric class.
    I mean... it could even be as powerfull as the R5s or the top class, but running less stages. Maybe just the first loop of the day.
    in Germany there's the opel corsa ev cup along national rally

Liked 11,150 Times in 4,426 Posts
    Random thought...
    That's difficult to estimate. We don't know what is the average power delivered in WRC stage, neither we know what is the average braking power in a WRC stage (and for sure the values from stage to stage will float way more than on circuits). Recuperation data are not available even for Formula E, therefore we can not use even that for some simple math.

54 kWh battery (385 kg weight), with 200 kW maximum output that makes 16 minutes of full output without recuperation.

The easiest we can do is to estimate liaisons. The real power consumption of EVs in traffic per ADAC testing is between 15 to 24 kWh/100 km (from Ionic to Tesla X). Let's take 20 kW/h. In that case the battery is large enough for 270 km of liaison cruising without reserve.

If we consider that the Formula E drives for 45 minutes it means their average power output (minus recuperation) is lower than 72 kW, let's say 70 kW because on circuit they can finish with nearly dry battery. Now let's estimate the same conditions for the rally car, i.e. average delivered power 70 kW (95 Hp) with peak power 200 kW (272 Hp). If we take an average speed of a WRC stage to 100 km/h it means they can do 75 km of stages - without reserve and without liaisons.

But the Formula E weights only 900 kg which is completely unreal for a rally car. With nearly 400 kg of batteries the rally car would be probably around 1400-1500 kg heavy.

What we can take from that is that a rally car with Formula E battery which would be able to do let's say 50 km of stages + 100 km liasion on one battery would be for sure slower than Rally2.
    Last edited by Mirek; 13th May 2021 at 22:27.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

11. Likes: cali (16th May 2021),Eli (14th May 2021),lmmjvss (13th May 2021),pantealex (14th May 2021),Rallyper (14th May 2021),skarderud (14th May 2021),tommeke_B (14th May 2021)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13R9hF0z8Ss&t=1s

Juho in the new Toyota 2022. The car is the 2020 with some new air intakes

13. Likes: AnttiL (15th May 2021),Mirek (15th May 2021),pantealex (16th May 2021)