Page 18 of 72 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast
    Liked 11,149 Times in 4,425 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    not a typo,he was talking about differentials,and not many choices about different ramps.
    He talked about just 2 different diff setups for ALL drivers.
    so all the drivers of one team,they will not have the ''optimum'' setup at differentials as they like.
    They have to drive with the given setup,which maybe is a compromise.
    So imho will be a big factor which drivers prefered setup,will be prefered from a team to homologate.
    That will be a lot of fun in Hyundai...
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

2. Likes: cali (20th May 2021)
    Liked 3,791 Times in 1,979 Posts
    Hyundai are already saying how they have a lot of new engineers and want to design the new car differently.

The question then is if Neuville can adapt to a different car or if they try to make it for Neuville and Tanak might struggle.

Mostly relevant on tarmac where Neuville still uses more open diffs and handbrake to turn on most corners (see Targa Florio vids).

Liked 9,337 Times in 4,957 Posts
    It's weird why the Hyundai has always the one with the set-up issues (for different drivers).

The current-spec Fiesta WRC and Yaris WRC have both been driven by a lot of different top drivers and without any such major problems.

Surely Hyundai can now also make their (new) car suitable for all driving styles.

Liked 193 Times in 113 Posts
    Dammit I often read something online and then I cant stop thinking about how these Hybrids will hurt WRC...
    Back in 2017 they had new cars that were more expensive, faster, louder, with huge aero and we went crazy about it... And look at it now: 8ish cars in the top class, VW left, Citroen left, Ford is not really there... not to mention the talent out there in Rally2 that should be in WRC, like Lappi, Breen or even Mads, Mikkelsen, Paddon and Sordo for example... but theres no cars and theres no chances of a privateer having the $ to compete at the top level. Idk, now we are getting into hybrids and like... for what?
    Not sure this is going to work. I know theres nothing we can do and Im going to love to watch them in the next years but aaaahhhhh.. its just ... aaaaaah
    haha

Liked 11,149 Times in 4,425 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lmmjvss View Post
    Dammit I often read something online and then I cant stop thinking about how these Hybrids will hurt WRC...
    Back in 2017 they had new cars that were more expensive, faster, louder, with huge aero and we went crazy about it... And look at it now: 8ish cars in the top class, VW left, Citroen left, Ford is not really there... not to mention the talent out there in Rally2 that should be in WRC, like Lappi, Breen or even Mads, Mikkelsen, Paddon and Sordo for example... but theres no cars and theres no chances of a privateer having the $ to compete at the top level. Idk, now we are getting into hybrids and like... for what?
    Not sure this is going to work. I know theres nothing we can do and Im going to love to watch them in the next years but aaaahhhhh.. its just ... aaaaaah
    haha
    For the current manufacturers to not leave. They made themselves clear about it.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

7. Likes: AnttiL (25th May 2021),lmmjvss (25th May 2021)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    For the current manufacturers to not leave. They made themselves clear about it.
    I know... I know... but Lets see for 'how long' they will continue in WRC (and how many less cars we are going to have in the top class for 2022 and 2023)
    Last edited by lmmjvss; 25th May 2021 at 19:04.

Liked 12,205 Times in 5,239 Posts

Rally1 hybrid cars (2022-)

Toyota continues their test in Portugal https://twitter.com/pauloar23028946/...457905665?s=21
    Last edited by EstWRC; 25th May 2021 at 20:21.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 3,791 Times in 1,979 Posts
    I still wonder where the air from the rear cooling vents goes. Especially since aerodynamic effects from "hidden ducts" are not allowed.
    On the Toyota it might look like it goes to the "diffuser" in the bumper which is not really a diffuser but just an exit of this air. I guess they then judge that it is not "hidden" duct and that means it's allowed?

EDIT: Nvm Lluis pointed that out already a month ago:
    https://www.wrcwings.tech/2021/05/04...2022-wrc-cars/
    Last edited by mknight; 25th May 2021 at 21:28.

11. Likes: lluisva555 (26th May 2021)
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    I still wonder where the air from the rear cooling vents goes.[/url]
    Maybe its for the batteries?

Liked 237 Times in 112 Posts
    That is yes, but what comes in has to go out somewhere - that is the question Where?