Page 24 of 72 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    https://twitter.com/MiikaWuorela/sta...88151620206600

Comparison of the same jump from Neuville's test in 2018 and today with Rally1 car.

Liked 591 Times in 314 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    https://twitter.com/MiikaWuorela/sta...88151620206600

Comparison of the same jump from Neuville's test in 2018 and today with Rally1 car.
    also worth mentioning (especially for the tw and comments) that 2018 was already after 1 year of competition and devs, not the first run.

3. Likes: steve.mandzij (17th June 2021)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wyler View Post
    also worth mentioning (especially for the tw and comments) that 2018 was already after 1 year of competition and devs, not the first run.
    Yes, we would need same footage from the 2016 tests of the 2017 cars.

Here's Tänak on the 2016 Fiesta https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npjfzRkeDxw

5. Likes: wyler (17th June 2021)
    Liked 1,367 Times in 710 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fiscorpun View Post
    3 manfacturers is fine. It is a great number. I see people wanting more brands and more cars but 3 brands and 8 or 9 cars is already a great number.
    I am sorry, but I disagree with you.

Following your indycar thought.
    They have 1 or two chassis, and two or three engine manus. All need to sell to whatever team that want to buy. So a bit different. I like the US thinking on this, but in rally the car manus need to do PR.

When i come to manus I would like to have 5, or that each of the 3 get a comercial satelite team. The atrition on cars is so high, that we more and more often see 3 or more Rally2 cars on top 10.

7. Likes: AndyRAC (17th June 2021),steve.mandzij (17th June 2021)
    Liked 98 Times in 56 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulland View Post
    I am sorry, but I disagree with you.

Following your indycar thought.
    They have 1 or two chassis, and two or three engine manus. All need to sell to whatever team that want to buy. So a bit different. I like the US thinking on this, but in rally the car manus need to do PR.

When i come to manus I would like to have 5, or that each of the 3 get a comercial satelite team. The atrition on cars is so high, that we more and more often see 3 or more Rally2 cars on top 10.
    - Right, but what would be the point in having +15 rally1 cars if the real fight is between only 2 or 3 drivers in almost every round?

- On the Indycar exemple what I meant was that the fan base spent years complaining that they needed more and more brands to the point where the "online community" became so toxic that we werent enjoying the actual racing, we were stuck in this loop of "oh we need more manufacturers". It made the whole experience a little bit worst, u'know? ...while we were having amazing championships going on ON-track. I think that was my point and I have been noticing the same thing starting in WRC groups/forums. I never posted here before. Just wanted to chat about this. We should not forget how amazing WRC is right now just cuz "9 cars are not enough". It is! Imagine next year without Ogier and new cars! Anyone could win!

Liked 1,115 Times in 596 Posts
    - Right, but what would be the point in having +15 rally1 cars if the real fight is between only 2 or 3 drivers in almost every round?
    F1 has been like that for most years and still attracts huge crowds.

By that logic we would only need 5 cars per rally.

10. Likes: pantealex (17th June 2021),Sulland (18th June 2021)
    Liked 1,244 Times in 676 Posts
    Right, but what would be the point in having +15 rally1 cars if the real fight is between only 2 or 3 drivers in almost every round?
    You obviously don't remember the late 90s/ early 00s; when we had plenty of manufacturers, and lots of competition, and plenty of different drivers winning rounds. If you think the same 2-3 drivers fighting for wins is acceptable, then you're easily pleased. And won't be a great selling point for the sport.....

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

12. Likes: Fast Eddie WRC (20th June 2021),pantealex (17th June 2021),satnav (17th June 2021),steve.mandzij (17th June 2021)
    Liked 98 Times in 56 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC View Post
    You obviously don't remember the late 90s/ early 00s; when we had plenty of manufacturers, and lots of competition, and plenty of different drivers winning rounds. If you think the same 2-3 drivers fighting for wins is acceptable, then you're easily pleased. And won't be a great selling point for the sport.....
    What I meant was that in every round theres only 2 or 3 drivers "between all nine rally1 drivers" (like - round1: ogier vs neuville, round2: tanak vs ogier, round3: sordo vs evans... and no other driver being capable of catching them for that round) so we dont actually need to have 15 or 20 cars in the top class because it would be just 2 or 3 fighting anyway.
    Of course I WANT to see a top class with 65 entries, dont get me wrong. I think my point is that we dont "need" more than '9' cars right now.
    We 'WANT', but we dont "need".
    Sorry for my bad english if Im not expressing myself in the proper way, mate.

Liked 1,829 Times in 707 Posts
    What I meant was that in every round theres only 2 or 3 drivers "between all nine rally1 drivers" (like - round1: ogier vs neuville, round2: tanak vs ogier, round3: sordo vs evans... and no other driver being capable of catching them for that round) so we dont actually need to have 15 or 20 cars in the top class because it would be just 2 or 3 fighting anyway.
    Of course I WANT to see a top class with 65 entries, dont get me wrong. I think my point is that we dont "need" more than '9' cars right now.
    We 'WANT', but we dont "need".
    Sorry for my bad english if Im not expressing myself in the proper way, mate.
    True if you look at a rally in isolation but for me 9 cars is a bit low for a championship. You start the rally and not even all points giving places are covered. Then you need 4-5 cars for the "top" guys out of which hopefully 2-3 can fight for the win. You also need some cars for new guys for a couple of years to evolve and learn the cars. And finally in my opinion which some may disagree but I think you need 2-3 cars with slow or pay drivers for a healthy series, somebody has to finish last and show us just how good the top guys are and if they bring money even better. So I think 12 cars would be the lower limit and idealy it would be somewhere around 15-16.

15. Likes: pantealex (24th June 2021),skarderud (24th June 2021)
    Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
    is there any video (better for 3d animation)that could explain how the hybrid rally car work?
    I just wish to know 1.the function of hybrid car
    2 the difference between the hybrid and the current car