Page 33 of 72 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,369 Times in 712 Posts
    Taking this over here from the Rally2 thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Mackie View Post
    Yes, and that makes the Rally1 more fun to watch then what WRC is now (on tarmac at least). A bit less advanced and elegant though.

But, what I meant was if a car starts to understeer in the middle of the corner, with loaded up suspension, something is very wrong. Seems like suspension and drivetrain are working against each other.
    And in my book this is good. A top class car in either of the motorsports should be very hard to handle. It should be a good gap between Rally1 and Rally2. A youngster with little experience should not be able to hop into a Rally1 car and be able to match the best drivers in the world.

I am guessing the Rally2 cars has ca 300 hp, and Rally1 maybe 400+100 hp. Then the Rally1 should be a handful to master when all 500 horses gallop at once, and the drivetrain makes it even harder to master these machines. If they have a bit less aero as well, we are moving in the right direction.

Hopefully the new spaceframe is made strong enough to protect the crew when and if they loose against in the battle against the machine.

Liked 27 Times in 11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulland View Post

And in my book this is good. A top class car in either of the motorsports should be very hard to handle. It should be a good gap between Rally1 and Rally2. A youngster with little experience should not be able to hop into a Rally1 car and be able to match the best drivers in the world.

I am guessing the Rally2 cars has ca 300 hp, and Rally1 maybe 400+100 hp. Then the Rally1 should be a handful to master when all 500 horses gallop at once, and the drivetrain makes it even harder to master these machines. If they have a bit less aero as well, we are moving in the right direction.

Hopefully the new spaceframe is made strong enough to protect the crew when and if they loose against in the battle against the machine.
    And this is okay. The problem I am talking about is if the Hyundai is close to undriveable (which I dont't really think it will be), then we will have a boring Championship.

Liked 1,135 Times in 609 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulland View Post

Why would you want to make it hard to go from rc2 to wrc? It should be as easy as possible so it doesn't take 3 full seasons to find out who has real potential and who hasn't.

Liked 11,171 Times in 4,437 Posts
    And this is okay. The problem I am talking about is if the Hyundai is close to undriveable (which I dont't really think it will be), then we will have a boring Championship.
    Few weeks ago during Barum rally Mr. Vlček (boss of Kowax team and a rally driver himself) said that he found the new i20 much easier to drive than the old one but he complained the engine was weak compared to the old one (not anymore 4B11 based?). Vlček is a gentleman driver who doesn't push the car as much as Huttunen but still it's somewhat weird contradiction.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 27 Times in 11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    Few weeks ago during Barum rally Mr. Vlček (boss of Kowax team and a rally driver himself) said that he found the new i20 much easier to drive than the old one but he complained the engine was weak compared to the old one (not anymore 4B11 based?). Vlček is a gentleman driver who doesn't push the car as much as Huttunen but still it's somewhat weird contradiction.
    Can't stop thinking about the engine problems in Catalunia as well, Huttunen had to retire didn't he?

Can't stop thinking about the engine problems in Catalunia as well, Huttunen had to retire didn't he?
    Yes but officially the reason was leaking oil radiator (which would fit with the enormous oil consumption about which Huttunen complained after leg 1).

Liked 64 Times in 26 Posts
    At the tarmac tests of Puma, the rear internal wheel often was lifted.

I do not remember this to happen at the current cars.

Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yugo_para_siempre View Post

Spare tyre? I didn't get what you were trying to say.

Sent from my DN2103 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Yugo_para_siempre View Post

It often happens with Yaris WRC on asphalt.

Quote Originally Posted by cali View Post
    Spare tyre? I didn't get what you were trying to say.
    He meant that the car often goes on three wheels in sharp corners lifting the inner rear wheel like a typical FWD.

10. Likes: cali (23rd October 2021),pantealex (24th October 2021)
    Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    It often happens with Yaris WRC on asphalt.

He meant that the car often goes on three wheels in sharp corners lifting the inner rear wheel like a typical FWD.
    Got it, thanks!

Sent from my DN2103 using Tapatalk