Page 2 of 80 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Liked 483 Times in 185 Posts
    This system is a total BS for me also. Last year I went just for the sake of having our first WRC event. This year, no chance! Literally felt like a sheep moving from one pen to another. For me it is not a rally experience and as all live is very good in my opinion, then will gather some friends and watch it from home.

2. Likes: Tauri_J (26th May 2021)
    Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flat_right View Post
    This system is a total BS for me also. Last year I went just for the sake of having our first WRC event. This year, no chance! Literally felt like a sheep moving from one pen to another. For me it is not a rally experience and as all live is very good in my opinion, then will gather some friends and watch it from home.
    Well I did not feel like a sheep (maybe because I'm not a sheep?), but 3 places out of 4 were total BS. Only straights and nothing to spectate at. Probably not going if these spectator areas are not selected any better

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cali View Post
    Well I did not feel like a sheep (maybe because I'm not a sheep?), but 3 places out of 4 were total BS. Only straights and nothing to spectate at. Probably not going if these spectator areas are not selected any better

You can already view spectator areas as the rally pass info is now online. In my opinion they are not better. And don't take this "sheep" thing literally The point here was that I had to go where I was told and I couldn't choose my own spots (like you said, spectator areas were BS).

5. Likes: cali (26th May 2021)
    Liked 12,164 Times in 5,216 Posts
    i dont have anything against the system, it avoids traffic etc. You know theres always the well known and good places where everybody wants to go and it leads into traffic queues. In that sense its a good system.

But for gods sake Mr.Aava, if you make this system then please put at least exciting places for the spectators. What do i see there? Only mainly junctions and then spectators are placed where cars accelerate or vice versa. WTF.

I will skip it this year (cause i cant go on friday anyway bcs of work), i had the same experience as Cali, 3 out of 4 were utterly boring and on Sunday we didnt even bother to be on the second pass of the stage and came home.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

7. Likes: cali (26th May 2021)
    Liked 479 Times in 161 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flat_right View Post
    Logged in to say I will skip Rally Estonia this year too because of this spectating system but as I see everything has already been said. I am really afraid of it will become a new normality all around the world...

9. Likes: cali (26th May 2021)
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    i dont have anything against the system, it avoids traffic etc. You know theres always the well known and good places where everybody wants to go and it leads into traffic queues. In that sense its a good system.

But for gods sake Mr.Aava, if you make this system then please put at least exciting places for the spectators. What do i see there? Only mainly junctions and then spectators are placed where cars accelerate or vice versa. WTF.

I will skip it this year (cause i cant go on friday anyway bcs of work), i had the same experience as Cali, 3 out of 4 were utterly boring and on Sunday we didnt even bother to be on the second pass of the stage and came home.
    Yes, you made a very good point! The system is not bad but the spectator areas are bad.

Correct me if I'm wrong but there isn't yet info about how much tickets will be sold. But what do you think, if the amount available will be the same as last year (16 000), will they sell out or all the people who feel like we do, will skip this year and you could buy tickets on the last day? Also taking into account that the price is higher this year (79€).

Liked 132 Times in 46 Posts
    If Finland is like this (with very restricted spectator areas) would it be worth going?

Surely this thing is very hard to police in large forest areas or am I being naive?

Liked 233 Times in 110 Posts
    see this video from last year - some official places, some not.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ba26vBsKvVY

13. Likes: Jewy46 (26th May 2021)
    Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post

Yes, same here, I saw Powerstage already at home (Tallinn). My wife was very surprised and really glad to see me back so early. And had much better coverage of the rally on our way back to home...

Last edited by cali; 26th May 2021 at 17:14.

15. Likes: EstWRC (26th May 2021)
    Liked 91 Times in 54 Posts
    Hmm shame to hear so many negative reviews. Hope the experience gets better this year atleast.