Page 78 of 80 FirstFirst ... 28687677787980 LastLast
    Liked 2,129 Times in 924 Posts
    some forgot what they said about Tänak's Monte case.. lol

So Neuville has technical problems on road section and suddenly liaison time should be bigger..?

It is legal to drive +100kmh on public road?

Tänak drove on the side of the road on 3.5 wheels @50-70kmh, had to retire after long liaison and got a suspended ban if happens more..
    Ogier caused an accident, left the scene, ran a red light and got suspended ban if happens more..
    Neuville drove +100kmh on public road and is basically still allowed to go over speed limit up to 30% till a suspended ban..

Such things don't go along FIAs road safety thing..

2. Likes: EstWRC (20th July 2021),pantealex (20th July 2021),Rallyper (20th July 2021),seb_sh (20th July 2021),skarderud (20th July 2021)
    Liked 3,793 Times in 1,980 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bomber21 View Post
    Because we only have two and a half manufacturers and 10 or less WRC cars and we don’t want to make them less during a rally.
    We already have superrally for that.

Also late for TC won't remove you from the rally. (Max timelimit is some 30 mins over?).

Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TypeR View Post

So Neuville has technical problems on road section and suddenly liaison time should be bigger..?

Tänak drove on the side of the road on 3.5 wheels @50-70kmh, had to retire after long liaison and got a suspended ban if happens more..
    Ogier caused an accident, left the scene, ran a red light and got suspended ban if happens more..
    Neuville drove +100kmh on public road and is basically still allowed to go over speed limit up to 30% till a suspended ban..

If this was towards me I think you're reaching things LOL

Now to make it clear:

- I'm OK with these penalties
    - in general if this helps against speeding, suggestion was to extend liasion times so that speeding doesn't occur. This is preventative suggestion. Not a demand. It's in a form of a discussion - you know that kind of discussion where people try to come up with solutions. Nothing to do with Neuville, sometimes liasion times are too tight and it can cause more speeding. As far as I've heard Thierry wasn't the only one.
    - driving on 3 wheels or 190 kph on public roads is not legal. Both cases got penalized and rightfully so. In both cases nobody said (except the greeks ) that this was acceptable - again you are reaching for things that wasn't said.

If you want to reach for nonexistent case, go ahead but I guess It's too damn hard for you to understand so I even don't know if my answer helps anyway.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Liked 1,131 Times in 605 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TypeR View Post

Just like the hybrid thing, the road safety is nothing more than some PR bullshit. Nobody cares about it, it's only there to supress some of the anti motorsport people.

Liked 1,621 Times in 737 Posts
    Neuville "karma payment": https://twitter.com/thierryneuville/...60203049234433

This donation move was decided before the rally, but with this overspeeding context it is a bit ironic.

And to be clear: I don't want to let this donation move down or show it anyhow in bad shade.

Liked 1,621 Times in 737 Posts
    and do not get you bored, then Clark-Rating is out: https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/colin...tonia-ratings/

TL;DR:
    * Kalle Rovanperä 10/10
    * Sebastién Ogier 7/10
    * Elfyn Evans 6/10
    * Takamoto Katsuta 8/10
    * Craig Breen 9/10
    * Thierry Neuville 7/10
    * Ott Tanäk 4/10
    * Pierre-Louis Loubet 7/10
    * Gus Greensmith 7/10
    * Teemu Suninen 3/10

Takamoto, Loubet and Greensmith are a bit overrated for my taste, with others I can agree.

8. Likes: AnttiL (20th July 2021),pantealex (20th July 2021)
    Quote Originally Posted by meh View Post
    and do not get you bored, then Clark-Rating is out: https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/colin...tonia-ratings/

TL;DR:
    * Kalle Rovanperä 10/10
    * Sebastién Ogier 7/10
    * Elfyn Evans 6/10
    * Takamoto Katsuta 8/10
    * Craig Breen 9/10
    * Thierry Neuville 7/10
    * Ott Tanäk 4/10
    * Pierre-Louis Loubet 7/10
    * Gus Greensmith 7/10
    * Teemu Suninen 3/10

Takamoto, Loubet and Greensmith are a bit overrated for my taste, with others I can agree.
    Agree those 3 are the only ones where I would consider more than 1 point difference.

Others I would give 8 to Breen due to that Saturday rock where he was crazy lucky, maybe 5 to Evans and 3 to Tanak. But that's small differences.

Clark is giving ok ratings lately, specially compared with that 10/10 to Evans in Monza.

10. Likes: AnttiL (20th July 2021)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Suninen's comment once again:
    Oli kyllä yksi uran vaikeimmista ja huonoimmista kilpailuista. Ralli oli täynnä tekniikkamurheita. Lauantaiaamu oli ainoa hetki, kun niitä ei ollut. Silloinkin ne vesipumput ovat tosin ongelmana, kun pitää olla niin varovainen hypyissä
    https://www.rallit.fi/teemu-suninen-...-mm-ralleihin/

This translates as: "It was one of my most difficult and worst races. The rally was filled with technical trouble. Saturday morning was the only time when we didn't have any. Even then we had the water pumps as problem, as we have to be so careful in the jumps"

He has repeated this in Finnish interviews, but I don't think it's mentioned by a single word in the international interviews.

12. Likes: pantealex (21st July 2021),the sniper (20th July 2021)
    Has Tanak said anything about his SS3 puncture anywhere?

Cause WRC and Dirtfish claim everywhere how it was nothing he could do.
    Yet watching the onboard he goes wide into the forrest after a jump with that side at 2:20 ish and then maybe more importantly hits a small "bridge"/wooden log in the ditch at about 3:15 after which the tire seems to go off on next corner (sound).

It might be that the first excursion at 2:20 damaged it, but the one at 3:15 definitely made it prominent.

Kind of weird that WRC+ miss this or are not bothered to check afterwards.
    Last edited by mknight; 20th July 2021 at 18:46.

Liked 1,835 Times in 710 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Agree those 3 are the only ones where I would consider more than 1 point difference.

Others I would give 8 to Breen due to that Saturday rock where he was crazy lucky, maybe 5 to Evans and 3 to Tanak. But that's small differences.

Clark is giving ok ratings lately, specially compared with that 10/10 to Evans in Monza.
    Indeed I've bashed him in the past but ratings are ok this time, plus minus here and there but overall good.