Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 185 Times in 149 Posts
    And just like that Mercedes on top on Day 2 of testing:

1. Bottas 1:30:289
    2. Gasly 1:30:413
    3. Stroll 1:30:460
    4. Norris 1:30:586

Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    Did anyone notice, it seems Mercedes is running a racked car this season? For a brief moment there, when Hamilton beached the car, a side camera shot of the car seem to show a clear rake under the car. Or was the front buried in the sand or something?
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Mclaren is making waves with a cool new diffuser. Everyone took their diffusers off, Mclaren redesigned theirs within the rules. Smart thinking!

Ferrari looks quicker this season. They are 0.299 seconds on medium tyres from the Redbull of Perez on soft tyres. This would suggest that Ferrari are probably as quick as the Redbull, if not quicker. Redbull has turned up this season more prepared than ever. They look the quickest at the moment but l think we have not seen the raw paces of these cars. Hence, it is still a bit difficult to say what the actual pecking order is. But clearly, Mclaren has closed up to the sharp end of the grid. Alpine find that they are really fighting the much improved Alpha Tauri this season. Both are within touching distance of Mclaren.

One thing is clear, Mercedes are on their back foot, so is Aston Martin. Williams looks like they have not made a big step forward. Haas looks very slow. Alfa Romeo looks faster this season. It is unclear where Mercedes are at the moment. If we go into the first race in two weeks as it is at the moment. We would have to say Redbull is the team to beat, closely followed by Ferrari and Mclaren, with Mercedes somewhere at the top of the midfield.

Knowing Mercedes, they would find something over that two weeks period and return to the sharp end of the grid. But l would be surprised if they can overhaul the Redbull which is looking bulletproof at the moment.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 14th March 2021 at 10:20.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Yuki Tsunoda is the driver that’s exciting me the most this season. Every now and then a driver joins that immediately raises the eyebrow. Russell and LeClerc are the most recent example of that kind of driver. Looking the way Tsunoda is driving that car in testing he looks a very exciting prospect indeed. Can’t wait to see him when the gloves go off.

Mercedes looking better but look like they’re sandbagging as they always do in testing but not looking as dominant as usual. I’m sick of Mercedes winning so come on someone else. 7 different winners in 7 races again please 😃

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Yuki Tsunoda is the driver that’s exciting me the most this season. Every now and then a driver joins that immediately raises the eyebrow. Russell and LeClerc are the most recent example of that kind of driver. Looking the way Tsunoda is driving that car in testing he looks a very exciting prospect indeed. Can’t wait to see him when the gloves go off.

Mercedes looking better but look like they’re sandbagging as they always do in testing but not looking as dominant as usual. I’m sick of Mercedes winning so come on someone else. 7 different winners in 7 races again please 😃
    Too early to comment on Yuki. He is not yet close enough to Gasly to raise my eyebrows. But he is super fast and a tough racer, hence l expect to see good things from him.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    Too early to comment on Yuki. He is not yet close enough to Gasly to raise my eyebrows. But he is super fast and a tough racer, hence l expect to see good things from him.
    Too early to draw final conclusions but he looked class in F2 last year and be looked like he has massive pace today in testing. He looks easily on Gasly’s pace if not ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Too early to draw final conclusions but he looked class in F2 last year and be looked like he has massive pace today in testing. He looks easily on Gasly’s pace if not ahead.
    I would be well impressed if he can give Gasly the slightest bother. This is testing so we would have to see how he copes with a proper season. But l see enough to suggest that he may surpass all previous F1 Japanese drivers. I am very curious to see how he gets along.
    William Shakespeare

Yuki was faster than Gasly today and finished 2nd behind Max. I don't put that much stock in testing, but that does catch my eye.

Quote Originally Posted by F1nKS View Post
    Yuki was faster than Gasly today and finished 2nd behind Max. I don't put that much stock in testing, but that does catch my eye.
    Yep. l agree. He impressed today. He has speed and he has all the hallmarks of a star of the future. But l would ease off putting pressure on him. If he can repeat this during the season, then yeah, let's shout about it.
    William Shakespeare

Yep. l agree. He impressed today. He has speed and he has all the hallmarks of a star of the future. But l would ease off putting pressure on him. If he can repeat this during the season, then yeah, let's shout about it.
    With him at Alpha Tauri there really is not any pressure on him. He is playing with house money. But Gasly might start feeling the pressure if Yuki does put on good performances.

I'm also suprised at Checo. I was really hoping he would be closer to Max.