Page 2 of 118 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 1175
  1. #11
    Senior Member AnttiL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    7,253
    Like
    6,351
    Liked 7,692 Times in 3,384 Posts
    I would say here's a good example. Use the up arrow to "go over the crest".

    https://www.google.fi/maps/@45.54580...7i13312!8i6656

    The character is also similar to Barum, which also has jumps on tarmac. Based on google street view the roads in Croatia look wider and smoother. However, the street view images are often 10 years old and roads deteriorate or get maybe repaired and it's difficult to estimate road width from different lenses.
    Last edited by AnttiL; 10th March 2021 at 06:45.

  2. Likes: WRC1 (10th March 2021)
  3. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    84
    Like
    1
    Liked 84 Times in 33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    However, the street view images are often 10 years old and roads deteriorate or get maybe repaired and it's difficult to estimate road width from different lenses.
    Google street in Croatia is from 2013, I think. However, the region of Zumberak where friday and saturday stages are going to take place has extremely low population and density is one of the lowest in country. That's why I'm completely sure that there were no major changes on the roads. Maybe they deteriorated a bit but I assume that's all.

  4. Likes: AnttiL (10th March 2021),cali (10th March 2021)
  5. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    2,697
    Like
    740
    Liked 1,188 Times in 366 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pršljen View Post
    Google street in Croatia is from 2013, I think. However, the region of Zumberak where friday and saturday stages are going to take place has extremely low population and density is one of the lowest in country. That's why I'm completely sure that there were no major changes on the roads. Maybe they deteriorated a bit but I assume that's all.
    Street view images have a time stamp nowadays on bottom right corner. Those roads Antti linked have been photographed in September 2011.

    That section looks very nice. Very Zlin-like indeed. In a post-pandemic world this looks like a good choice for a rally journey.
    Lue: rallirinki.net | Katso: rallirinki.kuvat.fi | Seuraa: @HartusvuoriWRC

  6. Likes: AnttiL (10th March 2021),cali (10th March 2021),EstWRC (10th March 2021),sindroms (10th March 2021)
  7. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    84
    Like
    1
    Liked 84 Times in 33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartusvuori View Post
    Street view images have a time stamp nowadays on bottom right corner. Those roads Antti linked have been photographed in September 2011.

    That section looks very nice. Very Zlin-like indeed. In a post-pandemic world this looks like a good choice for a rally journey.
    Yes, close to the capital, easy accessible roads, pure natural environment...The only problem is COVID and I doubt that Croatia will allow spectators based on the current situation. We are currently on of the best in Europe but who knows what will happen in a month or so.

  8. Likes: cali (10th March 2021),EstWRC (10th March 2021),Hartusvuori (10th March 2021),Mirek (11th March 2021)
  9. #15
    Senior Member Mirek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Prague / Eastern Bohemia
    Posts
    21,715
    Like
    7,025
    Liked 9,915 Times in 3,981 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    I would say here's a good example. Use the up arrow to "go over the crest".

    https://www.google.fi/maps/@45.54580...7i13312!8i6656

    The character is also similar to Barum, which also has jumps on tarmac. Based on google street view the roads in Croatia look wider and smoother. However, the street view images are often 10 years old and roads deteriorate or get maybe repaired and it's difficult to estimate road width from different lenses.
    Croatian asphalts are usually smoother and more slippery than Czech ones (extremely slippery when wet). Also I think that Czech stages are usually more changeable in everything (asphalt, character of the road etc.). Croatia will be I think more fuent, flowing and rhytmical than Barum and probably slower and more technical.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

  10. Likes: Hartusvuori (10th March 2021)
  11. #16
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    1
    Like
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Try to join Rally Croatia if Covid-regulations let me go 🤔

    Moreover some 🇦🇹 Austrian pilots 🇦🇹 :

    Hermann Neubauer - Fiesta WRC3
    Luca Waldherr - Fiesta 2WD
    Andreas Aigner - Fabia WRC3 (budget not yet clear)

    and maybe some more coming 🤪

  12. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    1,184
    Like
    3,517
    Liked 139 Times in 59 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WRCStevie View Post
    Try to join Rally Croatia if Covid-regulations let me go ��

    Moreover some ���� Austrian pilots ���� :

    Hermann Neubauer - Fiesta WRC3
    Luca Waldherr - Fiesta 2WD
    Andreas Aigner - Fabia WRC3 (budget not yet clear)

    and maybe some more coming ��
    Johannes Keferböck - Skoda Fabia Rally2
    Michael Kogler - Citroen DS3
    Juha Kankkunen: "The speed was o.K., but the corner was to tight"
    Marcus Grönholm: "... tell corrado .... three gears are enough..! "

  13. Likes: Mirek (10th March 2021)
  14. #18
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    19
    Like
    7
    Liked 33 Times in 13 Posts
    https://youtu.be/Hq8_pTMoVkM
    Some sections of this road will be included in the SS 20 and powerstage

  15. Likes: Mirek (11th March 2021),the sniper (11th March 2021),Tom K (11th March 2021)
  16. #19
    Senior Member AnttiL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    7,253
    Like
    6,351
    Liked 7,692 Times in 3,384 Posts
    And this is essentially SS19+21 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wf3RwhPmvfA

    I'd say it's the only twisty mountainous stage of the whole rally. It has like 20 hairpins.

  17. Likes: Mirek (11th March 2021)
  18. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Slovenia
    Posts
    58
    Like
    9
    Liked 38 Times in 13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    And this is essentially SS19+21 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wf3RwhPmvfA

    I'd say it's the only twisty mountainous stage of the whole rally. It has like 20 hairpins.
    Yes, but the downhill part is different as on this link - the road is wider (for two way traffic, because uphil is narrow) with less turns and pretty steep on some parts - in opposite direction (uphill) is used for hillclimb races (link below), so some high speed sections are expected on this downhill.
    http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psq85Y_Im8k

  19. Likes: Mirek (11th March 2021)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •