Page 117 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118 LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 1175
    Liked 2,836 Times in 1,610 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    It's a bit like "I drove 1000 km without seat belts and nothing happened, no one needs seat belts anymore"
    Big no, AnttiL.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom K View Post
    My last bit in this strange - on forum with rallyfans - topic. Spectators are allowed to be on Portuguese stages. If we see similar pictures - crowds on relatively small area - it will be wrong because it's dangerous or it will be OK, because officially rally is held with spectators?
    For me it´s OK, because spectating is allowed.
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

Liked 3,476 Times in 1,016 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pantealex View Post
    For me it´s OK, because spectating is allowed.
    It was in Croatia too...

In contrary to Monte Carlo, Sardinia, Monza etc last year, the organization never published an article stating spectating was not allowed, they only asked to follow the rules implied by the government (which weren't followed on larger public areas as we've seen). Maps and updates in itinerary were still published for spectators. Stages were prepared with miles of tape, trash bags etc Police and marshals were guiding people to the stages... What happened in Croatia, with many thousands of spectators, was meant and planned to happen. It was not by accident.

4. Likes: matija_1988 (11th May 2021),Rallyper (12th May 2021)
    Liked 591 Times in 314 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pršljen View Post
    Can you state otherwise? No, you can't. And that's the point. Yes, rally happened, no, there wasn't any known Covid consequences. And yes, let's not allow spectators on Sardinia and Portugal, we need thorough analysis about is it safe or not. Let's bring epidemiologists and all experts to make some study about it. Without that, people don't have right to spectate a rally live.
    er...that what is happing worldwide...I'm just saying what the epidemiologist and all experts say based on the study they did. I'm sorry if you are unaware of this.

and no. this "can't u state otherwise" is totally silly, 'cause doesn't mean anything. just that we cannot state things. can u prove god exists? no. can u prove the opposite? no either. which is my point. a case doesn't prove enough. experts are still studying, but based on what they studied till now, they recommend staying shy on this matter.
    hope this is clear enough, I won't come back on this point anymore.

6. Likes: AnttiL (12th May 2021)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommeke_B View Post
    It was in Croatia too...

In contrary to Monte Carlo, Sardinia, Monza etc last year, the organization never published an article stating spectating was not allowed
    The difference with Croatia was that they had everything planned for a rally with spectators until Monday of the rally week, when a new government limitation came in effect. After that they just announced they are not allowed to sell tickets, and that people must obey the government restrictions (no gatherings of more than 25 people). And privately they told people that they can not spectate the rally but have a picnic alongside the stages.

AFAIK Portugal has had one of the strictest policies of all WRC events that spectators must be only on the designated spectator areas, usually packed, and not on freely chosen locations. It will be interesting to see how they will limit the people on the areas.
    Last edited by AnttiL; 12th May 2021 at 07:44.

Liked 40 Times in 18 Posts
    The difference with Croatia was that they had everything planned for a rally with spectators until Monday of the rally week, when a new government limitation came in effect. After that they just announced they are not allowed to sell tickets, and that people must obey the government restrictions (no gatherings of more than 25 people). And privately they told people that they can not spectate the rally but have a picnic alongside the stages.

AFAIK Portugal has had one of the strictest policies of all WRC events that spectators must be only on the designated spectator areas, usually packed, and not on freely chosen locations. It will be interesting to see how they will limit the people on the areas.
    I think they try to handle the crowds with ticket prices, 390€ for a weekend pass: https://rally-pass.com/collections/passes

Liked 308 Times in 148 Posts
    These are hospitality packages

Liked 40 Times in 18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom K View Post
    These are hospitality packages
    Still, 199€ for a normal pass will have some kind of limitations for crowds, I think... https://www.rallydeportugal.pt/conte...uid=43&eid=722

11. Likes: dimviii (12th May 2021)
    Liked 308 Times in 148 Posts
    "THE RALLY PASS IS ALREADY AVAILABLE"
    02 fevereiro 2015

Maybe is stuff for collectors and that's why price is so huge

The Rally Pass offers:

ˇ Access and parking to 3 fully equipped exclusive Spectators Areas (Friday, May 22nd; Saturday, May 23rd; and Sunday, May 24th 2015);

ˇ Access to an exclusive grandstand and parking at Lousada’s SSS – May 21st;

ˇ Access to the Service Park during the four days of the event;

ˇ Access to the ACP VIP Area, on the Rally Village (Service Park, Matosinhos), during the four days of the event;

ˇ Rally Pass guide with all the information about the event;

ˇ Voucher for a free official T-shirt of the 2015 WRC Vodafone Rally de Portugal.

13. Likes: Rallyper (12th May 2021)
    Liked 2,836 Times in 1,610 Posts

I was in Portugal 2017 and yes designated areas excisted, but there were many places you could watch by yourself, no problem at all.

(Went with Rallytravels, so we mostly stayed at places where food and drinks were served. Good places of course...)
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

15. Likes: pantealex (14th May 2021)