Page 89 of 118 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199 ... LastLast
    Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pršljen View Post
    What are you talking about? What is wrong with the organization? Is their fault that Ogier acts like a child? And how would you control the spectators? Bear in mind that this is not some remote forest in northern Finland, it's backyard of the capital and area with more than million inhabitants.
    I dare to say that the crowd control seems to be generally good. I didnd't see any suicidal spectators along the stages like often elsewhere (maybe few individuals but no dangerous crowds). Sure it's strange to call it "no spectator" rally and than even issue beer tents to the stages but in the end I just feel a little jelous that you can go there and spectate the WRC in your country
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

2. Likes: WRC1 (26th April 2021)
    Liked 480 Times in 207 Posts
    I think that the sport gained new fans from Croatia and this is a great thing for the sport we all love.
    And I agree, fans are generally behaving well.

4. Likes: Jarek Z (25th April 2021),Rallyper (25th April 2021)
    Liked 1,446 Times in 828 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    I dare to say that the crowd control seems to be generally good. I didn't see any suicidal spectators along the stages like often elsewhere (maybe few individuals but no dangerous crowds). Sure it's strange to call it "no spectator" rally and than even issue beer tents to the stages but in the end I just feel a little jealous that you can go there and spectate the WRC in your country
    A bit off topic here ,Hopefully Barum Rally will return this year (to the ERC) and while on the subject, I'd love to see it on the WRC calendar.
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

Liked 107 Times in 39 Posts
    I dare to say that the crowd control seems to be generally good. I didnd't see any suicidal spectators along the stages like often elsewhere (maybe few individuals but no dangerous crowds). Sure it's strange to call it "no spectator" rally and than even issue beer tents to the stages but in the end I just feel a little jelous that you can go there and spectate the WRC in your country
    Well, I'm far away from Zagreb now and that's why I'm super sensitive of possibility of bad organization and loss of slot in the 2022 calendar when I'll be able to come

An epic battle awaits us on the PS. Lot of points to be decided, maybe Tanak will go flat out to damage Toyota's result, maybe Toyota will have some strategy of securing the 1-2.

On a fun note... the incident of Ogier and the policeman is a principle example of why the WRC shall not be held in USA

8. Likes: belas (25th April 2021),bluuford (27th April 2021),Corcaíoch (25th April 2021),dimviii (25th April 2021),Eli (25th April 2021),Got Mail (25th April 2021),Portimao (25th April 2021),Tauri_J (25th April 2021),WRC1 (26th April 2021)
    Liked 222 Times in 101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    On Ogier, that BMW seemed to come fast and from nowhere and in the UK we woukd call that illegal 'undertaking'.
    And there was probably a bus lane( because there was a bus stop) and you shouldn't be driving in the bus lane.

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk

10. Likes: meh (25th April 2021)
    Liked 12,164 Times in 5,216 Posts
    Well, I'm far away from Zagreb now and that's why I'm super sensitive of possibility of bad organization and loss of slot in the 2022 calendar when I'll be able to come

An epic battle awaits us on the PS. Lot of points to be decided, maybe Tanak will go flat out to damage Toyota's result, maybe Toyota will have some strategy of securing the 1-2.
    i would be surprised if Ott gets any points at all
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 2,089 Times in 902 Posts
    Of course. And BMW wasn't speeding, that was wide multilane avenue, not some small two way road.
    On a fun note... the incident of Ogier and the policeman is a principle example of why the WRC shall not be held in USA
    In the States - he would have been pushed off the road with shot tyres, pulled out of the car, tazed and sent to prison losing 25p would be the least problem

13. Likes: belas (25th April 2021),dimviii (25th April 2021),Eli (25th April 2021),EstWRC (25th April 2021),Katvala (25th April 2021),Tanelv (25th April 2021),Tauri_J (25th April 2021)
    Quote Originally Posted by rage82 View Post
    And there was probably a bus lane( because there was a bus stop) and you shouldn't be driving in the bus lane.
    There are no bus-lane signs on the road, moreover it was on Sunday. At least here in Prague majority of bus-lanes are free to use on Sunday.

Liked 107 Times in 39 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rage82 View Post

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk
    That's not bus lane even though the bus stop is there. BMW was driving correctly.