Page 67 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117 ... LastLast
    Liked 777 Times in 419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    That was a pretty high speed off. The fact that the car was not damaged is nothing but luck.

That it looked weird I agree.
    There was lots of bushes and undergrowth where he landed and they probably cushioned the blow. I could see a bit of body panel sticking up so it wasn't completely unharmed.

There was a dark patch on the asphalt where he went off. I was thinking gravel or oil or something like that.

Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    That was a pretty high speed off. The fact that the car was not damaged is nothing but luck.

i saw a incar clip of the crash,and it seems really weird
    here is an outise clip
    https://twitter.com/GregorPavsic/sta...12427578454016

3. Likes: Mirek (24th April 2021)
    Liked 12,161 Times in 5,215 Posts
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 378 Times in 184 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeD View Post
    But Gus Greencrap is a waste of a car that can be in better hands by another driver who can score Manufacturer points for the Team.
    But there is realistically no way for M-Sport to beat Hyundai or Toyota in the manufacturer championship regardless. So they will be third there no matter who they have in their car...

Quote Originally Posted by itix View Post
    When Ogier was forced to run in S2000 machinery he was running away with every single rally and even mixing it in with RC1 machinery at the time.
    You mean when they ran outside of SWRC as they used some parts as a test-thing for the VW entry the next year.

Was it not the section where the commentators thought he ran wide and almost off on the first run through the stage? It looked quite familiar, it might just be that he was a bit too eager there.

Liked 12,161 Times in 5,215 Posts
    to my surprise, Ogier said in the media zone that he had 3 punctures today?

Looked pretty pissed off and said that already in Monte he said to Pirelli or team? something has to be done
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 1,444 Times in 828 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    to my surprise, Ogier said in the media zone that he had 3 punctures today?

Looked pretty pissed off and said that already in Monte he said to Pirelli or team? something has to be done
    Well fortunately for him he's retiring this year, as for the other crews, they have until 2024(?) and only then maybe they'll have a chance to go back to Michelin (assuming we'll still have a championship).
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    i saw a incar clip of the crash,and it seems really weird
    here is an outise clip
    https://twitter.com/GregorPavsic/sta...12427578454016
    Both the onboard and the outer view look like a wrong correction of a sudden oversteering slide to me. To me it looks like he felt his rear axle pushing him into an oversteering slide, gave counter input by the steering but it kicked him straight out.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrvold View Post
    You mean when they ran outside of SWRC as they used some parts as a test-thing for the VW entry the next year.
    They used new stuff like different dampers but they were according to the homologation. Otherwise they could not be allowed to start at all. Many teams use their own parts within the homologation, dampers are the most common case.

Also Abbring used the same car and he was never close to Ogier.

On the other hand at that time the S2000 were much closer to the WRC cars. The base design rules were same except somewhat stronger engine. Nowadays it's completely different world.
    Last edited by Mirek; 24th April 2021 at 19:19.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 3,776 Times in 1,679 Posts
    Do you know why Taka is so fast in Croatia? For first time he has a new engineer from Czech republic

Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    "The performance is there. We are very close to the limit. We had some scares so we have to be careful to keep the car on the road. We pushed very hard during the afternoon. Despite the two Toyota spare wheels, they are able to go faster than us at times, so it looks difficult in pure performance, but the longest stage is yet to come and the profile of the stages on Sunday is different. risk but from time to time, you have to dare to go there. We also know that there are rallies on gravel afterwards so there is no point in being first on the road either. The goal is clearly to take as many points as possible here. If we don't win, we'll be content with 2nd or 3rd place, "also analyzed the current 3rd in the event, also second in the championship before arriving in Croatia.

https://www.rtbf.be/sport/moteurs/ra...er?id=10748335