Page 112 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1175
    Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts

2. Likes: pantealex (30th April 2021),the sniper (30th April 2021)
    Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pršljen View Post

Good question at the end of the article; is there a place for Croatia on the calendar? Rotating system really seems like a possibility with Australia, NZ, Mexico, Argentina, Chile, GB and Germany missing this season. Much better option than what we had in recent years with almost no new venues and with the same and often boring ones.
    Often boring ?

Can you please name some boring ones ?

I have never witnessed any boring ones but I can only remember from B-group time...
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

Liked 107 Times in 39 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pantealex View Post
    Often boring ?

Can you please name some boring ones ?

I have never witnessed any boring ones but I can only remember from B-group time...
    Not boring per se but boring in excitement and predictability. Most of the tarmac events were more or less predictable. These are also the words from Evans and Clark on one of the podcasts after rally Croatia.

We haven't seen tarmac rally as unpredictable and exciting as rally Croatia in a long time.

Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pršljen View Post
    Not boring per se but boring in excitement and predictability. Most of the tarmac events were more or less predictable. These are also the words from Evans and Clark on one of the podcasts after rally Croatia.

We haven't seen tarmac rally as unpredictable and exciting as rally Croatia in a long time.
    Don't take Colin Clark too seriously. David Evans yes he knows more what he's talking about.

Other than that Dirtfish content (podcasts/videos) holds more of an entertainment value.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Liked 107 Times in 39 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cali View Post
    Don't take Colin Clark too seriously. David Evans yes he knows more what he's talking about.

Other than that Dirtfish content (podcasts/videos) holds more of an entertainment value.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk
    I can make my own oppinion on the matter, thanks. I know who they are and we have the same oppinion on those tarmac rallies, that's why I mentioned them, their oppinion is more relevant than mine, obviously.

Liked 195 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    at your diagram shows that wilwood A while has 0,55 at 35 degrees,climbs to 0,67 when properly hot.Thats a huge difference
    i know that technology mooves,i have tried almost everything in my evo from 2005,best so far without wearing discs is Carbotech xp 10.Impossible to fade them,even at 20-30 km downhill,or with repeat hard braking from 250-300km/h to full stop.Discs full red from glowing,pedal and feeling as the first brake.
    0,55 is more than enough for the first corner. Most racing pads have lower maximum value. On the second corner it is already higher.
    Have you tried Carbone Lorraine? In my 106 I had a problem with the handbrake. I put RC5 at the rear and I have very strong handbrake from 0 degrees. And at the front RC6 does not have any change in power from 0 degrees Celsius to whatever. It is impossible to fade them or detect any change in power. There are only two problems: Price and that it wears discs like crazy. I dare say that you change discs more often than pads.

Liked 195 Times in 62 Posts
    Countries that have good rallies and deserve a place in WRC are more than 13. Rotating system seems to be the only fair solution. For example on tarmac there are Corsica, Spain, Germany, Croatia, Japan that offer very good stages. About Ypres and Alsace I would not say they are on the same level, but they are adequate. It is not possible to have 5 tarmac rallies, some have to rotate. The same applies for tough gravel rallies. You cannot have Safari, Acropolis, Turkey and Cyprus in one year.

Regarding traffic jams in Croatia, I dare predict that Acropolis will have a huge problem.

Liked 11,150 Times in 4,426 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scn View Post
    0,55 is more than enough for the first corner. Most racing pads have lower maximum value. On the second corner it is already higher.
    Have you tried Carbone Lorraine? In my 106 I had a problem with the handbrake. I put RC5 at the rear and I have very strong handbrake from 0 degrees. And at the front RC6 does not have any change in power from 0 degrees Celsius to whatever. It is impossible to fade them or detect any change in power. There are only two problems: Price and that it wears discs like crazy. I dare say that you change discs more often than pads.
    The Evo is much heavier than the 106.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 11,150 Times in 4,426 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scn View Post
    Countries that have good rallies and deserve a place in WRC are more than 13. Rotating system seems to be the only fair solution. For example on tarmac there are Corsica, Spain, Germany, Croatia, Japan that offer very good stages. About Ypres and Alsace I would not say they are on the same level, but they are adequate. It is not possible to have 5 tarmac rallies, some have to rotate. The same applies for tough gravel rallies. You cannot have Safari, Acropolis, Turkey and Cyprus in one year.
    IMHO Ypres is much better rally than Alsace and I like it more than Germany too. For spectating it is way better than Corsica too (that's only great for driving IMHO). No idea about Japan. Ypres has a huge advantage in having very easy access to the stages in their entire length therefore the people can spread and you have a chance to choose from plenty of spectacular places while still being able to move from stage to stage. The service park on the old city square is awesome too.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

11. Likes: WRC1 (2nd May 2021)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Right now it's down to:
    - Who can pay for an event
    - Who can arrange an event (in terms of COVID)

I understood that Rally Deutschland for example won't be a WRC event in the future anymore because ADAC don't want to pay for it or the costs became suddenly higher or something.

I'm not sure what happened with Tour de Corse, it seems the event hasn't been arranged in any form since 2019.

13. Likes: cali (1st May 2021),pantealex (1st May 2021),Rallyper (1st May 2021),tommeke_B (1st May 2021)