Page 105 of 118 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1175
    Liked 9,347 Times in 4,964 Posts
    Totally epic fan video action highlights, you can keep your WRC+ ones !

https://youtu.be/avIaX9hXBG8

2. Likes: dimviii (25th April 2021),EstWRC (26th April 2021),Jarek Z (25th April 2021),Mirek (26th April 2021),Rally Hokkaido (26th April 2021),Rallyper (26th April 2021)
    Liked 1,123 Times in 601 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drive View Post
    car nr53 - another wrc
    only 40 minutes slower than ogier.

4. Likes: Jarek Z (25th April 2021)
    Liked 3,295 Times in 1,734 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Totally epic fan video action highlights, you can keep your WRC+ ones !

https://youtu.be/avIaX9hXBG8
    Great video! There's even Audi at 6:28
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

6. Likes: Fast Eddie WRC (26th April 2021)
    Liked 12,206 Times in 5,240 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TypeR View Post
    FYI, last 4 gravel event winners:
    * 2020 Mexico - Ogier
    * 2020 Estonia - Tänak
    * 2020 Turkey - Evans
    * 2020 Sardegna - Sordo
    sorry my mistake, meant from last 3 they won 2
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 12,206 Times in 5,240 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    Will be 7 months by the time we get to Portugal, funny times we live in, after more than a year break with Tarmac now, we waited since October for our next Gravel rally. Hopefully from here on out we won't have those crazy gaps and hopefully the Corona situation will improve by some margin in 12 months time. As for Hyundai, as so many other people say, we'll have a really good indication on the inroads they've made with the break we've had seeing they have each driver starting from a different (advantageous or disadvantageous) position. Also after a 2 year break, it will be interesting to see all the crews cope since for most of them (again) it's a new rally for them with their new cars.
    agreed...cant believe either we have had such a long break from gravel rallies.

im not THAT worried this year, it seems all organizers have now found a way to do the rallies, although out of the rallies we have left, im not totally sure about Finland and Japan for some reason
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 2,836 Times in 1,610 Posts
    Looked like Fiestas in both RC1 and RC2 had best suspension. Or is it only me?
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

10. Likes: Fast Eddie WRC (26th April 2021)
    Liked 195 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    havent seen anything yet but i really liked it and i hope it stays in the calendar, now after Corsica and Germany have been left out its a good replacement with a mix of both

very challenging for the drivers.
    As I am both driver and spectator, I can assure you that the criteria of a driver are totally different than the criteria of a spectator.
    The reason I am asking is because the info I read is that it is mostly slippery tarmac with lots of gravel from cutting corners. I don't know if it really is like this. Also, I don't have info about drivers from other countries, but in my country this is the least liked condition among drivers and co-drivers. Actually, the majority of the drivers in my country hate these conditions.
    Last edited by scn; 26th April 2021 at 09:55.

Liked 11,150 Times in 4,426 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scn View Post
    As I am both driver and spectator, I can assure you that the criteria of a driver are totally different than the criteria of a spectator.
    The reason I am asking is because the info I read is that it is mostly slippery tarmac with lots of gravel from cutting corners. I don't know about drivers from other countries, but in my country this is the least liked condition among drivers and co-drivers. Actually, the majority of the drivers in my country hates it.
    That really isn't universal. I know for sure that for example in Belgium the crews mostly hate anti-cutting obstacles and prefer dirty cuts (hence why anticuts are not a thing there). Here it's usually that the faster drivers hate anti-cuts and prefer dirty road (and some know very well how to use that for their advantage), while the slower drivers and gentleman drivers prefer anti-cuts and clean road. In the the end the amount of anti-cuts is decided by the local administrations which don't give permition to run the event without them. Some like dry, somelike wet and slippery conditions....
    Last edited by Mirek; 26th April 2021 at 10:01.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 1,463 Times in 836 Posts
    https://www.autosport.com/wrc/news/c...ndai-/6469710/
    Based in Zagreb, the third round of the World Rally Championship was well received by each of the manufacturer teams and their crews, and was the 34th new addition since the competition was first established back in the early 1970s.

Fans came out in their thousands to watch the action, even though it was not officially open to people, to witness Sebastien Ogier clinch his fifty first career win to move to the top of the drivers’ standings.

Adamo said countries like Croatia demonstrated what is possible with passionate people at the helm and questioned the status quo of sticking with the same line-up of counters from one year to the next.

“I think the World Rally Championship deserves to have proper events, whether they are new or not,” said Adamo.

“It is time to decide on some old events that deserve no more to stay in; I prefer to see new ones done by passionate people, people who are really focused on doing things the proper way.

“I think what we are seeing in Croatia is just a highlight. An event like this has shown it deserves to be in the World Rally Championship.

“OK, it is the first time and everything can be made better, but I think the stages we have seen are proof that this rally is a nice one.”

Ogier was equally as positive in his summarization of Rally Croatia, telling Autosport in the days leading up to the rally he was happy to go to new rallies and to new events” because “that makes the WRC very exciting”.

Returning to the subject during Sunday’s post-event press conference, he added: “I think we saw after the recce that it was going to be a big challenge but probably good fun to drive – Rally Croatia definitely delivered.

“It has been fantastic to drive these stages, especially with these conditions.”

Croatia is the second of three entirely new events for 2021, with the other two being February’s Arctic Rally Finland and August’s Ypres Rally in Belgium.

Nice to know the venue had a nice feedback from Crews and Fans alike.
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

Liked 195 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    That really isn't universal. I know for sure that for example in Belgium the crews mostly hate anti-cutting obstacles and prefer dirty cuts (hence why anticuts are not a thing there). Here it's usually that the faster drivers hate anti-cuts and prefer dirty road (and some know very well how to use that for their advantage), while the slower drivers and gentleman drivers prefer anti-cuts and clean road. In the the end the amount of anti-cuts is decided by the local administrations which don't give permition to run the event without them. Some like dry, somelike wet and slippery conditions....
    Thank you for the info. Please have in mind that Czech and Belgian roads are not slippery. Here in Greece, we have some roads that when they are dry, especially in summer, they are much more slippery and more unpredictable than your roads when they are wet. This is what we have in mind when we say "slippery tarmac". I don't know how Croatian roads are and what they mean by "slippery".

P.S. Personally, I want this rally to remain. First of all, I believe that more tarmac rallies are needed. Second, it is very easy to travel from Greece to Croatia and if there was not Covid I would have gone this year.
    Last edited by scn; 26th April 2021 at 10:27.